Ukraine

Ke1t

4 minutes ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

Cancel yourself you wee fucknugget.

'Black belt in Judo'... aye, same way he scored 4 goals against the national hockey team, and found some ancient civilisation while swimming in the Black Sea. 

What a fucking kicking that laddie needs. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Cancelling Russian authors! Nobody reads them coz they're shit and too long, not coz they're cancelled.

Have tried reading the Russian 'classics'.

That experiment ended when I got to 'We Never Make Mistakes'.

You should read it if you're ever serious about committing suicide... it'll seal the fucking deal. 

Master & Margherita has been sitting on my shelf for a few months, a friend was raving about it. 

Kelt's talking nonsense though. War and Peace is absolutely one of the best novels I've ever read. And what about a wee bit of Solzhenitsyn? Thought that'd be right up your street.

9 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

Master & Margherita has been sitting on my shelf for a few months, a friend was raving about it. 

Kelt's talking nonsense though. War and Peace is absolutely one of the best novels I've ever read. And what about a wee bit of Solzhenitsyn? Thought that'd be right up your street.

Nonsense to suggest I ever talk nonsense. I'm the stiff rock of common sense in these parts. 

I will say One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovitch is strangely compelling. 

But the preponderance of the Russian authors are dull as fucking dishwater. 

And The Gulag Archipelago is brutally crap. 

1 hour ago, Roberto said:

Fa won the war?

Starting to look like Putin's looking for a way to claim an away win without putting the ball in the net. 

Now saying that his plan was to 'liberate' donbas from the start, and never mind about all that other pesky territory. 

Fat fucking gnome of a cunt. 

13 hours ago, Ramandu said:

Bluto's now watching this thread like a hawk, waiting for someone to mention Dostoevsky, so he can give us the first two lines from wiki.

And rightly so.

too late ramandumeistergeneral

you were talking earlier about Dostoyevsky weren’t you. born 1821, died 1881

Not being funny but whilst it doesn’t seem to have gone anything like plan, would Putin taking the Donbas creating his land bridge to Crimea be the worst “defeat” in the world.  Strikes me other than a convincing victory which NATO were never going to be particularly comfortable with, this seems a decent alternative that all sides will accept (ignoring small matter of 60% of population who live there).  Plus thirty odd thousand babushkas who’s wee Ivans not coming home.

The Russian army’s tactic has been to mount pressure on cities’ outskirts, demonstrating Russian military might and then opening  corridors for humanitarian convoys. And this is the trick. Russia is creating a flood of refugees to the west. 

Sooner or later, Putin believes, Europe will accept his entire list of demands and will lift the list of sanctions, and may even compensate him for his losses on oil sales all in a desperate attempt to stop the tsunami of Ukrainian refugees. By the time the guns cool down, many Ukrainians may actually prefer to stay in Germany, France, Britain and Poland. This will lead, at least in Putin’s mind, to a demographic shift in the ethnic balance in favor of the Russian ethnic groups in Ukraine. Within the context of such a shift, Putin will be able to dominate the situation in his neighbour state by political and even democratic means.

https://dissidentvoice.org/2022/03/putin-and-the-war-in-ukraine/