Ukraine

Ke1t

8 minutes ago, RedArmyFakshun said:

Zelensky is such a corrupt piece of shit, I'd be very surprised if he is anywhere near Ukraine now

Since Putin is more corrupt than Zelensky, do you assume Putin is nowhere near Russia now? 

16 minutes ago, RedArmyFakshun said:

I don't think so, no.   I doubt Putin has anywhere else that he can go

Doesn't change the facts of the matter regarding Zelensky though

So then why would you imagine Zelensky has fled Ukraine? 

He had offers previously, which he turned down, he stuck around during multiple assassination attempts and while a Chechen convoy of tanks were tasked with killing him, but now that the Russians are at best digging in, and in other places retreating, why would you think he'd be thinking of running now that Ukraine looks like surviving? 

He doesn't strike me as a coward, whatever else he might be. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, RedArmyFakshun said:

He's a dollar billionaire actor who loves a green screen and has a mansion in Miami

All things considered I think the boy would be fairly keen to work from home

Okay, but those are merely criticisms,  I assume you're using the fact he's a rich man who was previously an actor as criticisms,  that don't actually address my question. 

14 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Okay, but those are merely criticisms,  I assume you're using the fact he's a rich man who was previously an actor as criticisms,  that don't actually address my question. 

Your question seemed to hinge on first agreeing that russians were retreating rather than consolidating and re-grouping. 

This shit is going to go on for many years now, maybe even for the rest of our lives.

There's no need for the actor to be there in person, he's a symbolic figurehead at best.

4 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

Why are they fighting over it in the biggest conflict of the 21st century then?

Well you have to look back a bit.  History didn't start in 2014.

The media are keen to portray the illusion that Ukraine is a friendly European nation that's been rudely attacked by its eastern neighbour without any provocation.

But both the eastern and western borders of Ukraine have always been fluid and changeable while ethnic minorities are used as pawns in the battlefield.

The flood of refugees out of Ukraine is not a new development, its been going on for hundreds of years.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
7 hours ago, Ke1t said:

The WP filmed floating over Mauripol last week must have been old footage, then. 

Not been confirmed but regardless the Yanks would have a bit of a brass neck pulling Russia up for using those given their previous.

I see stuttering Joe is backtracking on his regime change statement ? 

This video (couple of weeks old) features former US Army Colonel Douglas McGregor. He is highly decorated, a published author, holds a pHD and was an advisor to the Department of Defence during the Trump administration.

He claims Russia has not entered the heart of Ukraine as there is little there other than wheat fields (Ukraine is the worlds 5th largest producer) and the Russians want to avoid damaging the agricultural capacity of the country, so the 2022 planting and harvest can go ahead.  He claims they have concentrated on the population centers.  He identifies Maripol as a big problem for the Russians, although he states the Ukrainian far right "Azov" unit there refuses to let civilians leave.

https://gloria.tv/post/bY1GjFztr7X84VaZUCznW84A7

I'm not claiming he is right on everything, just that its an alternative point of view.  Disclosure - at least one of the people interviewing him has contributed to RT previously.

Also, apparently Zelensky of Ukraine has banned all opposition parties and taken control of all media -- which should be concerning!

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker-carlson-ukraine-leaders-lying

• Upvote 2
15 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

This video (couple of weeks old) features former US Army Colonel Douglas McGregor. He is highly decorated, a published author, holds a pHD and was an advisor to the Department of Defence during the Trump administration.

He claims Russia has not entered the heart of Ukraine as there is little there other than wheat fields (Ukraine is the worlds 5th largest producer) and the Russians want to avoid damaging the agricultural capacity of the country, so the 2022 planting and harvest can go ahead.  He claims they have concentrated on the population centers.  He identifies Maripol as a big problem for the Russians, although he states the Ukrainian far right "Azov" unit there refuses to let civilians leave.

https://gloria.tv/post/bY1GjFztr7X84VaZUCznW84A7

I'm not claiming he is right on everything, just that its an alternative point of view.  Disclosure - at least one of the people interviewing him has contributed to RT previously.

Also, apparently Zelensky of Ukraine has banned all opposition parties and taken control of all media -- which should be concerning!

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker-carlson-ukraine-leaders-lying

Shut the fuck up.

Every post of yours is horrendous.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 3
20 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

So the new narrative is that the Russians don't mind bombing hospitals and theatres but fuck depriving people of their Cheerios and Golden Grahams?

Tucker Carlson is a Russian shill. He parrots Russian propaganda, and Russian State TV... just about the only media allowed in Russia right now... has been told by the government to promote Carlson's show because it is directly in line with their propaganda. Although he's SO sycophantic towards Putin, Russian media itself have said that limits his usefulness since he's so obvious. 

He's also a racist - He promotes 'Replacement theory' and spends much of his air time attacking black people. 

He's also a fascist - He visits authoritarian dictator Viktor Orban, promoting his far right agenda from Hungary. 

Anyone citing him as a legitimate news source is an idiot or a Russian.

He's the American Lord Haw Haw.