Ukraine

Ke1t

50 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

Not sure what your point is? Far more people died in Iraq, mostly civilians. I'd say that's worse.

I never said either one was worse, both are shocking and I was 100% against the Iraq war. 

I said one was "larger" in terms of a conflict. About 150,000 violent deaths in Iraq in the 1st 3 years. Probably been 20,000 in only a month in Ukraine, but it isn't just that which makes in larger, the size of military on each side and the sheer number of military vehicles etc, the scale of destruction due to aerial bombardment. The fact it is effecting such a large number of people not just in Ukraine and Russia but through out the world. The input from numerous different countries, etc etc. 

4 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

So the new narrative is that the Russians don't mind bombing hospitals and theatres but fuck depriving people of their Cheerios and Golden Grahams?

More like if you are wishing to take over (or at least control) a country, its probably a good idea not to completely fuck up its economy (if you can help it).

4 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Tucker Carlson is a Russian shill. He parrots Russian propaganda, and Russian State TV... just about the only media allowed in Russia right now... has been told by the government to promote Carlson's show because it is directly in line with their propaganda. Although he's SO sycophantic towards Putin, Russian media itself have said that limits his usefulness since he's so obvious. 

He's also a racist - He promotes 'Replacement theory' and spends much of his air time attacking black people. 

He's also a fascist - He visits authoritarian dictator Viktor Orban, promoting his far right agenda from Hungary. 

Anyone citing him as a legitimate news source is an idiot or a Russian.

He's the American Lord Haw Haw.

This is an excellent example of MSM brainwashing.  I.e anyone who is even slightly off message must be a racist, fascist russian agent.

I mean, FFS, why not tack on homophobic misogynist as well - go for the full house!  I bet he also harbors negative views about traveling people.

Note these accusations - restrictions on media media, authoritarianism - aimed at Carlson (a news anchor) are actually manifest from Ukrainian Leader Zelensky.

You invariably get the best picture by considering all points of view offered - and the truth will no doubt be found in some comprise between them.

Failing to consider all points of view is blinkered, to say the very least.

• Upvote 3
On 3/27/2022 at 9:58 PM, NEM said:

Can’t see it unless they’ve been busy since they binned them all 5 years ago

Indeed, people worrying about the Russians using chemical weapons which they do not actually possess.  Its up there with global warming, honestly. 

Even if they did have them - they didn't use chemical weapons in Georgia or Chechnya - so why would they here?  (They actually lost the first Chechen war too, remember ).

I don't think anyone has used chemical weapons for nearly half a century now.

Chemical weapons are not actually very good weapons either - given they are completely indiscriminate and at the mercy of the wind, meaning they can even blow back onto the people who fired them.

• Upvote 2
15 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

This is an excellent example of MSM brainwashing.  I.e anyone who is even slightly off message must be a racist, fascist russian agent.

I mean, FFS, why not tack on homophobic misogynist as well - go for the full house!  I bet he also harbors negative views about traveling people.

Note these accusations - restrictions on media media, authoritarianism - aimed at Carlson (a news anchor) are actually manifest from Ukrainian Leader Zelensky.

You invariably get the best picture by considering all points of view offered - and the truth will no doubt be found in some comprise between them.

Failing to consider all points of view is blinkered, to say the very least.

You're talking made up shite again. 

People should understand this is just Russia's turn to have an adventure, just like the Americans like having adventures too.

You could take all the news coverage and re-set it into an Iraqi context featuring Americans instead of Russians.

I can just imagine the Russians huddled around their TVs, to hear about the latest iraqi hospital the americans have bombed and how they are likely going to attack children with chemical weapons.  And how all the US equipment is shite and how their army couldn't run a menage.

The world is a chess board, and the big pieces like to have adventures - that's all.

22 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

That's obviously because I am racist, fascist Russian agent, isn't it? What else could possibly it be?

By the way, would you be interested in purchasing a very fine bridge which I have for sale?

I was just talking the piss out of the fact you couldn't spell compromise tbh, but you probably are. 

10 hours ago, Roberto said:

How many folk died of Covid in Ukraine compared to deaths of this war with Russia...

You'd have to take the numbers with a pinch of salt, but if we're only talking about since Feb 2022

1,100 civilians killed, 2-4k Ukranian soldiers killed, 4-6k Russian soldiers killed

Lets call it 11k

110,000 deaths have been attributed to covid

So its ten times as much, so far.

23 hours ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

Indeed, people worrying about the Russians using chemical weapons which they do not actually possess.  Its up there with global warming, honestly. 

Even if they did have them - they didn't use chemical weapons in Georgia or Chechnya - so why would they here?  (They actually lost the first Chechen war too, remember ).

I don't think anyone has used chemical weapons for nearly half a century now.

We not including Assad's government in Syria? Wasn't there also a sarin attack by some nutball in Japan or somewhere at a train station a few years back? Also Saddam against the Kurds?

2 hours ago, tutankamun said:

So you want me cancelled because you don’t agree with me? How very woke of you.

Why not just block me? I don’t agree with you but don’t want you banned.

For my part I'd just like to understand why you think no-one has been killed in Ukraine. 

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, Ohjimmyjimmy said:

There’s plenty dead.

Mostly Rooskis in tanks mind, but those are just the ones we can see or that will be found.

Dying for something as pointless at patriotism is just embarrassing 

Fuck fighting for some suits

hell yeah

2 hours ago, Poodler said:

Dying for something as pointless at patriotism is just embarrassing 

Fuck fighting for some suits

hell yeah

How is it pointless if your town is actually under attack and your house has been destroyed? You'd just run away to another country like the Africans and middle easterns  that wash up here on dinghys?

• Upvote 2
8 hours ago, Jigsaw666 said:

We not including Assad's government in Syria? Wasn't there also a sarin attack by some nutball in Japan or somewhere at a train station a few years back? Also Saddam against the Kurds?

Spot on min. Some random gook used sarin in a subway train station attack in Tokyo back in 1995, if my grey matter is still recalling facts correctly.

Also, Saddam Hussein ordered the use of chemical weapons on a town called Halabja in 1988 killing approx. 5,000 people.

But, of course, he had no WMD at all (although he had ordered their use before) and Messrs. Blair and Bush jnr. are the ones to be hung, drawn, and quartered for having the audacity to enter Iraq, with a view to usurping Hussein's dictatorship and liberate the nation, purely on a whim and a lie?