Ukraine

Ke1t

Ukrainian helicopters flew into Russia and blew up a fuel depot, escalating things just a bit once again. 

If Putin decides to hit a target outside Ukraine in retaliation that's your article 5 activated.

Also, if you look carefully at around the 10 second mark, you'll see the ubiquitous pack of stray dogs making a break for it, proving this is indeed Russia. 

16 hours ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

Good shit that. 
I have absolutely no interest in Ukraine or shitty mosaics but I love to see people who are passionate about a thing and go after it. 
Cool to see him talking to ordinary people and hear their mental stories.   That shrapnel thing was wild and the old lady spoke with surprising intelligence. 

Check this Frightened Rabbit looking mufucka who is married to a Brazilian and does something similar with these VLogs. 

You ever watch this guy? He’s always around your neck of the woods. 

Russian attacks stalled out and going nowhere. 

An alleged attack on Russian territory by Ukrainian forces, which could be inflated to an 'existential threat' to Russia by Putin. 

Russian forces abandoning their positions around Kiev... Ukrainians saying they're basically strolling into dozens of towns that were occupied a few days ago. 

Could set the stage for Putin to lob a cheeky wee tactical nuke into the likes of Irpin or Bucha, just to let the Ukrainians know "We're pure mad mental, us! So surrender afore we chuck some mair at ye, but!"  And to make NATO rethink ramping up the whole 'support for Ukraine' thing. 

It's in their playbook.

On 3/31/2022 at 5:00 PM, Ke1t said:

Azov's collection of mentalists, chumps, and sociopaths wouldn't last a minute against even a regular Western unit

I would be careful about over-stating the quality of contemporary Western regular army units.

In 1993, US Army Rangers - supposedly high quality troops - got a doing off a bunch of drugged up Somali civilians in the Battle of Mogadishu and had to be rescued by elements of a Pakistani Armoured Division.

In 2007, British Army units - which are always claimed to be pound for pound better than US equivalents - had to flee Basra in the middle of the night, having been defeated by a civilian militia.  

Western exploits in Afghanistan, facing small numbers of crudely armed illiterate tribesmen, were hardly a resounding success either.

From these we learn that the better motivated side tends to win, regardless of numbers or levels of training or equipment.  We might be seeing this again currently in Ukraine, if the press is to be believed.

I think that, since the end of the cold war, the quality of western armies has declined markedly in general.

23 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

I would be careful about over-stating the quality of contemporary Western regular army units.

In 1993, US Army Rangers - supposedly high quality troops - got a doing off a bunch of drugged up From these we learn that the better motivated side tends to win

Home advantage seems to play a major role in the examples that you cite

Until John Beaton gets involved, then the game's a bogey

1 hour ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

In 1993, US Army Rangers - supposedly high quality troops - got a doing off a bunch of drugged up Somali civilians in the Battle of Mogadishu and had to be rescued by elements of a Pakistani Armoured Division.

In 2007, British Army units - which are always claimed to be pound for pound better than US equivalents - had to flee Basra in the middle of the night, having been defeated by a civilian militia.  

Western exploits in Afghanistan, facing small numbers of crudely armed illiterate tribesmen, were hardly a resounding success either.

From these we learn that the better motivated side tends to win, regardless of numbers or levels of training or equipment.  We might be seeing this again currently in Ukraine, if the press is to be believed.

I think that, since the end of the cold war, the quality of western armies has declined markedly in general.

One free man defending his home is more powerful than ten hired soldiers. Crusades taught me that.

6 hours ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

Weren’t you telling us how great the Russian army is not that long ago? 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Redforever86 said:

Weren’t you telling us how great the Russian army is not that long ago? 

There isn't a better trained or better equipped military than NATO on the planet, and in light of the last few weeks of Russian shenanigans that gulf is set to widen.

11 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

You're quite the hawk for a Democrat campaigner. I think war gives you a boner.

Not a hawk at all. There comes a point where it becomes apparent that diplomacy isn't going to work, as in the case of Putin.

Anyone thinking he can be reasoned with from a purely diplomatic angle is, to be  completely fair to them, an absolute fucking retard.

Don't confuse hawkishness with realism.