Ukraine

Ke1t

50 minutes ago, RedArmyFakshun said:

The Russian army’s tactic has been to mount pressure on cities’ outskirts, demonstrating Russian military might and then opening  corridors for humanitarian convoys. And this is the trick. Russia is creating a flood of refugees to the west. 

Sooner or later, Putin believes, Europe will accept his entire list of demands and will lift the list of sanctions, and may even compensate him for his losses on oil sales all in a desperate attempt to stop the tsunami of Ukrainian refugees. By the time the guns cool down, many Ukrainians may actually prefer to stay in Germany, France, Britain and Poland. This will lead, at least in Putin’s mind, to a demographic shift in the ethnic balance in favor of the Russian ethnic groups in Ukraine. Within the context of such a shift, Putin will be able to dominate the situation in his neighbour state by political and even democratic means.

https://dissidentvoice.org/2022/03/putin-and-the-war-in-ukraine/

Load of shite.

Firstly he could of ignored occupying small villages and towns and went for large cities in the West of the country from the start.

Secondly the most likely outcome of all this is the Ukraine joining the EU and NATO or certainly having agreement with them or the countries with in them. 

He has also lost the support of the majority of ethnic Russians in the Ukraine and the support of more of his own people. 

It doesn't really matter if Ukraine does or doesn't join NATO... if they're given the right weapons they can fend off any Russian attack aside from nukes. 

The West just needs to pump Ukraine full of Western military equipment and train their army. 

Job done. 

4 minutes ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

Wee Joe promised them 2 Billion buckeroonies for military spending.

Surely buy some decent gear with that 

giphy.gif

Only thing Putin has worth a fuck now are his WMDs... that's why he has his media monkeys remind us about his nukes every fucking day. 

But he's like Cyrus aff Trailer Park Boys... aye flashing his gun, but too feart to use it. 

1 hour ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

When the Russian people have no more cabbage for their cabbage soup and their cabbage soup is just hot water with salt, them motherfuckers will take him down.

daily-mail-2033438i.jpg

Libya been a right laugh since the West removed Gaddafi

13 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Not being funny but whilst it doesn’t seem to have gone anything like plan, would Putin taking the Donbas creating his land bridge to Crimea be the worst “defeat” in the world.  Strikes me other than a convincing victory which NATO were never going to be particularly comfortable with, this seems a decent alternative that all sides will accept (ignoring small matter of 60% of population who live there).  Plus thirty odd thousand babushkas who’s wee Ivans not coming home.

It'll eat away at Putin if all he gets is Donbas and a land bridge. I think he had his little black heart set on absorbing the entire territory of Ukraine, or at the very least installing a puppet government in Kiev. 

I think at this point any puppet government sitting in Kiev is, much like Afghanistan, going to only exist for as long as tens of thousands of Russian soldiers are there. As soon as the Russians withdraw from Ukraine that puppet leader would be tatties. 

Him abandoning Plan A means he's going to have to go after Ukraine using unconventional means... hacking, disinformation, terrorism, and political pressure... because after this little escapade he's done with Western expansion. He can wave a fond cheerio to ever taking Ukraine as a whole, invading the Baltic states, and definitely never getting Poland. 

It's in the West's interests to make Ukraine a NATO/EU country in everything but name. 

• Upvote 1
36 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

It'll eat away at Putin if all he gets is Donbas and a land bridge. I think he had his little black heart set on absorbing the entire territory of Ukraine, or at the very least installing a puppet government in Kiev. 

I think at this point any puppet government sitting in Kiev is, much like Afghanistan, going to only exist for as long as tens of thousands of Russian soldiers are there. As soon as the Russians withdraw from Ukraine that puppet leader would be tatties. 

Him abandoning Plan A means he's going to have to go after Ukraine using unconventional means... hacking, disinformation, terrorism, and political pressure... because after this little escapade he's done with Western expansion. He can wave a fond cheerio to ever taking Ukraine as a whole, invading the Baltic states, and definitely never getting Poland. 

It's in the West's interests to make Ukraine a NATO/EU country in everything but name. 

If he gets Donbas he can claim it as a victory. If the West allow Ukraine to join NATO he can claim he was right. West need to grind Russia into the dirt financially for as long as he is in charge. No Donbas, no money, no travel for Russians to anywhere in the West. I'd even say when they change leader if he wants to be treated any better they must give up any claim to Crimea. And if Putin threatens war then have the chookies to give him one.

I object to my taxes / fuel prices etc going through the roof because of some bullshit ‘war’ in Ukraine.

A lot of people in this country can’t afford to eat/heat, yet seem more concerned about some far away country they probably couldn’t point to on the map a few weeks ago.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 4
15 minutes ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

Your inability to take care of your own shit has little to do with the poor souls of Ukraine. 

Anyone with a bit of intelligence knew the apocalypse was coming. 

Fail to prepare then prepare to fail. 

Fuck you, you whining prick. 

The apocalypse is being engineered. Fuck them (and you) 

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

I'd ask you as a potential friend to watch this short doco and make of it what you will. 

Another ‘expert’ telling us we need to be living in fear. ?

Ala Chris Witty with Covid. It’s just constant.

Growing up in the 80’s, I remember the nuclear fear. That film ‘Threads’ in particular freaked me out as a young loon.

I recall a BBC advert telling us to hide under a door in the hallway if a bomb was on its way or some shit like that ??

49 minutes ago, tutankamun said:

I object to my taxes / fuel prices etc going through the roof because of some bullshit ‘war’ in Ukraine.

A lot of people in this country can’t afford to eat/heat, yet seem more concerned about some far away country they probably couldn’t point to on the map a few weeks ago.

Tory scum 

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

I can assure you as a friend, the best way to survive an attack by them horrible foreign swines, is to go out in to the fields, and start screeching paranoid shite about vaccines.  This way the drones shall see that thee are of sound mind and worth saving. 

Good luck brother. 

Surely the 5th booster makes you invincible?

Tuts has a point about fuel prices though. I got a pie chart thing when I got a letter saying my gas/leccy direct debit was doubling. On the pie chart the wholesale price of fuel made up 34% of the costs, profits 9%, VAT 5% etc.

If it wholesale prices driving the cost rises only the 34% part should be rising but the profits will be doubling, the VAT doubling. The same principle for prices at the pumps.

To an extent it's being used as a front to shaft us.

Edit - pointing this out doesn't mean you don't give a shit about Ukraine, it means you can identify a bunch of heartless, scamming, robbing bastards.

• Upvote 1