Summer 2022 Transfer Window

34 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

That Bailey is good. 

Possible Hint hint there.

Personally I don't think Bailey is good enough for a team aspiring to be in the top 3. I prefer Alan Forrest. Both would be very meh signings IMO.

Wee vinny looks like he has the potential to be a terrific signing for us. I'm hoping the new recruitment team can identify more of the same than the likes of Forrest and Bailey.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

Personally I don't think Bailey is good enough for a team aspiring to be in the top 3. I prefer Alan Forrest. Both would be very meh signings IMO.

Wee vinny looks like he has the potential to be a terrific signing for us. I'm hoping the new recruitment team can identify more of the same than the likes of Forrest and Bailey.

Agree. When we aren’t signing as many players as I’d like we have to be signing better than above. 

34 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

Nah, I just like him. Not heard that.

• Upvote 1

Goodwin hopeful that there will be positive transfer news in next couple of weeks.  Said recruitment team working through lists of players and talking to agents.  He said that he calls them at 7.30am every day to ask if they have good news for him.  Said that all out of contract players have been told to find clubs or had been offered new deals.  Repeated what he said last week about Ramirez but did say he was upset when Glass left.  Gave no impression that there were any players signed on pre contracts. When asked what  areas of pitch he wants to strengthen he immediately said defence and goalkeepe but then quickly also said hoping to strengthen all areas of pitch. 

• Upvote 1
39 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

Goodwin hopeful that there will be positive transfer news in next couple of weeks.  Said recruitment team working through lists of players and talking to agents.  He said that he calls them at 7.30am every day to ask if they have good news for him.  Said that all out of contract players have been told to find clubs or had been offered new deals.  Repeated what he said last week about Ramirez but did say he was upset when Glass left.  Gave no impression that there were any players signed on pre contracts. When asked what  areas of pitch he wants to strengthen he immediately said defence and goalkeepe but then quickly also said hoping to strengthen all areas of pitch. 

Not much news on the out of contract players then. Which have been offered new deals apart from Johnny hayes 

28 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

Supposedly both Campbell and McLennan are set to leave this summer.

Are we paying them off or have they lined themselves up with new clubs?

Anytime I've seen Campbell with Killie he's been piss poor but Mcinnes seems to like him. A new start would probably do him good.

53 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

We’ve had a poor summer if McLennan is still seen as a squad player and not shipped out

I posted earlier in this thread that JG said in his post-match interview at the weekend all the out of contract players were leaving and he'd told a couple of others they were free to go if they found another club.  My guess was Woods and McLennan were those players.  Goodwin played McL in a couple of games at the start of him tenure but hasn't used him since.  I think his time is up.  Don't be surprised if you see him turning out for Cove next season.

It's a new management team. It's a team that has quite clearly identified the slackers, the shirkers and the downright lazy bastards in our squad.

The director of football role has now been in place for a while and if rumours are to be believed then players have been identified from different leagues than our standard shopping market of the English lower leagues. Vinnie is starting to show his talent and abilities, hopefully we can unearth another two or three of that ilk and add a couple of experienced no compromising hard bastards to the squad. Budget I suspect will be more than capable of adding some decent players, especially considering the players who have already left. That will free up a good chunk of the wage bill.

I'm confident of a decent window and hopefully some surprise signings or even a couple of signings where the usual suspects don't come out with "he's shite" "not good enough" before they even kick a ball for us.

Can't wait for this season to be over and the shopping to commence. I like a good pre season transfer window.....

9 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

It's a new management team. It's a team that has quite clearly identified the slackers, the shirkers and the downright lazy bastards in our squad.

The director of football role has now been in place for a while and if rumours are to be believed then players have been identified from different leagues than our standard shopping market of the English lower leagues. Vinnie is starting to show his talent and abilities, hopefully we can unearth another two or three of that ilk and add a couple of experienced no compromising hard bastards to the squad. Budget I suspect will be more than capable of adding some decent players, especially considering the players who have already left. That will free up a good chunk of the wage bill.

I'm confident of a decent window and hopefully some surprise signings or even a couple of signings where the usual suspects don't come out with "he's shite" "not good enough" before they even kick a ball for us.

Can't wait for this season to be over and the shopping to commence. I like a good pre season transfer window.....

Agree. Also do wonder what the fuck is going on when Goodwin can tell the club within 2 days who’s going.