Summer 2022 Transfer Window

13 minutes ago, starryfish said:

What’s the plan if Stewart gets a long term injury? Particularly in matches v Celtic 

Presumably McCrorie would slot in

If it happened just before a Celtic match, despite Bates being in the footballing equivalent of a Siberian labour camp, I think he'd be brought in to play alongside McCrorie. Just don't see Goodwin risking starting Milne right now.

Even though Bates, Ramirez and McLennon entered the where are they now file, it would seem to me to be an act of madness to let them all go and have no cunt come in to replace them, Bates especially. And if the rumours about Watkins are also true (that he wants out) we are pretty threadbare up front too, whilst having wingers coming out our arse.

5 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Even though Bates, Ramirez and McLennon entered the where are they now file, it would seem to me to be an act of madness to let them all go and have no cunt come in to replace them, Bates especially. And if the rumours about Watkins are also true (that he wants out) we are pretty threadbare up front too, whilst having wingers coming out our arse.

Better to have wingers coming out our arse than clingons such as the former ones you mention 

2 minutes ago, minijc said:

Yas, lets sign a 30 year old who has be out for almost 600 days due to knee injuries over the last 5 years.

To be fair, he'd be replacing Ramirez who's that slow you'd think he's had his knees replaced with the knees of a 95 year old wifie. 

Having said that, we're at least 4 years too late to be bothering with Louis Moult.

The young lad Harvey is still with us isn't he? He didn't go out on loan, so I guess we've got him as backup in addition to Miovski and Duk, even if Ramirez and Watkins both go.

From Daily Record

Jim Goodwin says there has been no contact fom Hearts over a potential loan move for Christian Ramirez and that he would be reluctant to deal with a Scottish Premiership rival.

I don't think that's a transfer that's going to happen. I can't see us loaning a player to one of our rivals.

And as of this moment in time I'm not aware that Hearts have even made contact.

Goodwin - who is also open to allowing David Bates and Connor McLennan to move on - has an eye on two specific targets but does not anticipate any deadline-day incomings to Aberdeen unless one of those players becomes available in the coming hours.

We have made a couple of enquiries weeks ago about a couple of players who if they became available they would be the right types to bring in.

But if those two particular players don't become available, then there isn't really anything else out there at the moment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd assume that the 2 we would want if their clubs were willing to let them go would be still Connor Ronan and Sean McLoughlin. But it appears that both will be needed by their clubs as squad players and cover for injuries. 

1 minute ago, Don_Corleone said:

To be fair, he'd be replacing Ramirez who's that slow you'd think he's had his knees replaced with the knees of a 95 year old wifie. 

Having said that, we're at least 4 years too late to be bothering with Louis Moult.

The young lad Harvey is still with us isn't he? He didn't go out on loan, so I guess we've got him as backup in addition to Miovski and Duk, even if Ramirez and Watkins both go.

Harvey is nowhere near being ready

1 hour ago, Daisy1903 said:

Think we also have to manage expectations. Did anyone think we'd sort out the mess we had last season in one window?

Very early days but it looks like the success rate of the signings may be surprisingly high. I think if 50% of them turned out to be decent then that would be above average.

Miovski, Rama, Scales and Coulson definitely look good to me. 

Clarkson, Roos, Duk and Stewart have some obvious flaws but overall seem to be good for our level.

Richardson and Morris I'm not sure about. They both have some decent qualities but have looked very poor times. Not seen enough of Roberts.

See how we are first half of season and then strengthen again in January

Was thinking something similar earlier this week.  We can't expect them all to be awesome and there was bound to be a percentage that turned out to be well below expectations.  Happens to every team.  I think we've had a pretty decent success rate on the new players, so far.

49 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

From Daily Record

Jim Goodwin says there has been no contact fom Hearts over a potential loan move for Christian Ramirez and that he would be reluctant to deal with a Scottish Premiership rival.

I don't think that's a transfer that's going to happen. I can't see us loaning a player to one of our rivals.

And as of this moment in time I'm not aware that Hearts have even made contact.

Goodwin - who is also open to allowing David Bates and Connor McLennan to move on - has an eye on two specific targets but does not anticipate any deadline-day incomings to Aberdeen unless one of those players becomes available in the coming hours.

We have made a couple of enquiries weeks ago about a couple of players who if they became available they would be the right types to bring in.

But if those two particular players don't become available, then there isn't really anything else out there at the moment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd assume that the 2 we would want if their clubs were willing to let them go would be still Connor Ronan and Sean McLoughlin. But it appears that both will be needed by their clubs as squad players and cover for injuries. 

Sean McLoughlin -  a mick that played under Goodwin on loan at St Mirren?
Is that pure speculation on your part or have we ever been linked with him?

11 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

Hull need him as cover as have injuries and not getting anyone else.......but a name to keep your eye on for future windows  

We’re woefully short in defence.

We are one injury away from having McCrorie at right back or centre half, which in turn leaves the midfield light.

If we are only to sign one player then it should be a defender & not the mythical Connor Ronan, which was never likely.

Ideally we do need a creative midfielder player but not expecting anything. 

3 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Genuinely feels like some of our ‘fans’ hate him because he didn’t singly handedly score 40 goals (in a shite team which gave him no service) to lead us to 3rd place. Miovski wouldn’t have scored in that team at the end of the season.

It's been explained to you several times as to why people really dislike him

@Sonoftherock , how's thar filter for this guy coming along?

• Upvote 1

This is the crazy money we are up against in signing players.

If you're the team that finishes bottom of the Premier League, you might not win a game all season but you are guaranteed somewhere in the region of £100m.

If you win the Premier League, you might be looking at somewhere around £160m, which underlines the need to stay in this division.