Aberdeen v Ross County

On 4/8/2022 at 6:00 AM, donswin1983 said:

It’s been an utterly awful season, loon. If we finish 4th, which I hope we do, it says a lot for the rest of the protagonists. From Raith Rovers in the league cup onwards it’s been honking. 

Yer bang on mate 100%

Fuckin awful the day. Just nothing at all, can't break down ross County defence, it's woeful.

Cormack has to back goodwin financially to make up for his clusterfuck of glass & brown shitshow.

1 hour ago, Tons of it said:

Let's be honest a. Fucking useless season , today that was not a pen the wee cunt cook dived previously and cunto referee thought oh maybe I got that wrong and decided let's gift them a pen , was a shit show I agree with a previous poster 3 players worth keeping , and McLennan surely last season playing professional football

It was definitely a pen.

Imagine we hadn’t been given a pen for that. The ref would have pages of abuse on here.

1 hour ago, daytripping said:

I'll forgive your horrific spelling and reply. The statement about Considine was fucking so bad, cringe worthy. Like a school kid saying it wisna me it was him. No idea why they thought it was a good idea. Imagine that in Fergie's days, just wouldn't have happened. Something is rotten within our club.  

I was typing in a rage rush' rushing to get ready to get out to the pub,  yup there is something that stinks to high heaven at afc. The cunt cormack is my guess.

Guest milne_afc

Cormack has certainly got under the skin of Milne’s sycophants who have now hitched their carts to the Cove bandwagon, hopefully some of the 2k14 intake choose a similar route.

Cormack is a clown but these cunts should be remembered as traitorous cunts and should probably have their faces smashed in imho

1 hour ago, ferlaytio said:

Gallagher?? He was/is rubbish. Been an absolute disaster of a signing. All he’s done is get into petty squabbles with opposition players and give away needless fouls and cheap goals from day one at AFC. 

Barron only gets pass marks for me today.

I thought Gallagher did all right today, to be fair. We were poor today but equally, Ross County created fuck all too

1 hour ago, ferlaytio said:

Gallagher?? He was/is rubbish. Been an absolute disaster of a signing. All he’s done is get into petty squabbles with opposition players and give away needless fouls and cheap goals from day one at AFC. 

Harsh, I think he's been our most consistent player since New Year and although I agree with you Barron was our best performer today, Gallagher wasn't too far behind.

He was obviously struggling with his fitness the first half of the season so his performances weren't great.

28 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Cormack has certainly got under the skin of Milne’s sycophants who have now hitched their carts to the Cove bandwagon, hopefully some of the 2k14 intake choose a similar route.

Cormack is a clown but these cunts should be remembered as traitorous cunts and should probably have their faces smashed in imho

I just want big away games where I can get pissed out of my nut and sniff cocaine off train toilet seats, I'm just not feeling it under Cormack.

EDIT, That train we were on from Edinburgh was ledge, no fucks given.  ?

2 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Jack McKenzie’s body angle, when receiving the ball from the goalie or centre half, is all wrong. 
He’s facing his own goal instead of side on, to allow him to drive down the line, so he’s always going to go back or sideways.  Poor coaching

It’s lack of ability too. 
He doesn’t have the confidence in his own technique in controlling the ball & going forward. 
I’d try & loan him out next season. 

9 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Jack McKenzie’s body angle, when receiving the ball from the goalie or centre half, is all wrong. 
He’s facing his own goal instead of side on, to allow him to drive down the line, so he’s always going to go back or sideways.  Poor coaching

I agree, his body angle was all wrong.

3 hours ago, Kiriakov33 said:

What a mess we are in.  And what a job JG has on his hands now.  The lost income from  being in top 6, no European football and the inevitable drop in season ticket / dna sales will see his playing budget vastly reduced next season.  I have faith in JG but very little now in the folk running the club.  We could be in for a very torrid few seasons ahead.  

Absolutely spot on today's result has massive financial implications for next season already.

That's a serious worry already

Simply gutted no European football next season

In terms of technical ability and style of play we simply don't have any. Bar a couple of players we have invested in the weakest mindset of players in years

No winners in are side, sub standard players on decent money.

Are training methods need a massive overhaul clearly we cannot even do the most basic stuff pass to a player in Red let alone defend a cross.

We need the playing staff to be stripped right back to the bare bones we simply cannot start next season the likes of McLennan and let's just get rid of Ferguson even at a loss financially . New goal keeper a priority. 

15000 turned up today fantastic backing, 3500 away last week. As fans we have done more than expected to support the club this season in truly shocking season 

Clearly the players don't give a shit  Goodwin has a difficult job but he knows most of them won't be around next season so clear the decks and start again

No club is to big to go down and like many I don't think the current collection of players have enough in them to win more than two matches in in succession

Cormack you know you fucked up this season come out and own it

I am praying to God we stay up

That was bloody torturous today.

I have some serious questions on not only the game, but the entire time since Glass came in.

- JG's formation and tactics today.... our midfield is so packed, there's no room to swing a cat. Was struggling to tell the difference between McRorie, Ferguson and Barron. Were they all vying for the same position?? Throw Watkins and Vinnie into the equation, who were maybe asked to play in more sdvanced roles, we essentially had 5 in midfield and a complete wsste of a striker in Ramirez. Little wonder then that we looked so bogged down in midfield? I didn't get my head around playing who we did and where we did.
- Playing 2 midfielders at full back... serriously odd. That said, am I the only one that thinks Ramsay and McKenzie are just not ready for this level yet? McKenzie is raw and Ramsay looks like a 14 year old playing in amongst a team of men. His lack of confidence is a sign of weakness and could be his downfall going forward in his career
- Steven Gunn... this appointment of whatever his new feckin role is, just seems more and more bizarre. Did he sanction the pre-season signings by Glass? Did Cormack and him not clearly state they would look to study potential signings against a database, based on the common values we needed in players? JG onviously has other ideas.
- Cormack's mantra... we may be wrong but we'll never be mistaken. What the heck does that evem mean and how can we apply that in today's current environment. He was clearly both mistaken AND wrong in appointing Glass. And potentially in promoting Gunn. The two adjectives are one of the same in my eyes

I think if Dave and co think that some clever fan engagement stuff, some liberal application of red paint around the stadium and a questionable link with an American club, is gonna cut the mustard, then they've already seen that the most important aspect in all of this is a manager who can motivate and take in players he targets that can improve as they go on. Would Liverpool be the club they are right now if not for Klopp? You can have all the 'blue sky thinking' you want but it's a pretty simple algorythm that wins you points. See, that was where McInnes ultimately failed... he lost that drive to keep improving the club, his players, himself every new day he woke up.

A painful season that started off very brightly. And it aint over yet either.

38 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Would he be any use as the outside centre half in a back three? He’s now contracted with us until 2025 so we need to find some sort of use for him. 

41 minutes ago, daytripping said:

I just want big away games where I can get pissed out of my nut and sniff cocaine off train toilet seats, I'm just not feeling it under Cormack.

EDIT, That train we were on from Edinburgh was ledge, no fucks given.  ?

Awfy low those toilets seats on trains, loon. Dinnae put your back out sniffing…

2 hours ago, ferlaytio said:

Only thing I will give Gallagher credit for today is that at least he seemed to give a toss which the vast majority of those in red shirts looked like they didn't.

We've won ONE league game in 2022, we are in deep trouble and are not safe from relegation just yet.

Goodwin is now facing the biggest challenge of his managerial career.

Not only does he have to create some tactical plans to compensate for the limitations of the players he has to pick from, but also rebuild some confidence and belief.

Has he got what it takes? Based on his record so far, it doesnt look as though he has. Worrying times ahead.

16 minutes ago, Jigsaw666 said:

If St Johnstone can win their first two after the split this becomes a proper 5 team crap shoot to avoid the play off. Roll on August, this season has outstayed its welcome. I see Goodwin has said they've identified some very very good players, I can hardly wait.

Well he's hardly going to say "Due to losing £2 million from failing to make top 6 I've identified some cheap shite signings to keep us bottom 6" is he?

Don't think we will,  but IF we get relegated then Goodwin has to suffer some blame. 

We are in a bad situation and getting out of it will not be easy. On the player balance sheet, the liabilities far outweigh the assets. Might have to endure a lot of writing off and take a big financial hit

58 minutes ago, alscotoz said:

Don't think we will,  but IF we get relegated then Goodwin has to suffer some blame. 

We are in a bad situation and getting out of it will not be easy. On the player balance sheet, the liabilities far outweigh the assets. Might have to endure a lot of writing off and take a big financial hit

Absolutely Goodwin will take a large portion of blame if we are relegated. Avoiding relegation this season will have been a major part of his remit.

The first couple of fixtures after the split will be interesting. If we get St Johnstone and lose to them, then we are in big trouble.

3 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

St Johnstone need 3 wins from 5 to overtake us assuming we lose all our matches

If we win just one of the 5 remaining matches we should be OK. I just have no confidence in this current squad to do exactly that.

We should have 3 home games post split at least.

Two wins and a draw if we we lose all our matches would overhaul us

If they get us first and beat us it's certainly on. I think it's a long shot though with us due to face Dundee, St Mirren and Livi all at home. In reality I suspect that if we can get one win and a draw out of our 5 matches it should be enough to keep us up although obviously I'm looking for much better than that. 

But lose our first two matches then I'd worry that the squad we have has neither the balls nor the ability to dig ourselves out of the hole we'd find ourselves in. 

As for Goodwin.....he took the job on knowing that our league position was, for us, extremely poor. But also knowing at that point that both Dundee and St Johnstone were completely detached from everyone else. His only remit on taking the job would be to steady the ship, keep us out of relegation difficulties and regroup in the summer. So if we do end up in  11th facing the play-off then yes questions will need asking. He'd probably survive purely on the grounds that the squad wasn't his and he had to make the best of a bad lot. 

3 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

St Johnstone need 3 wins from 5 to overtake us assuming we lose all our matches. 

If we win just one of the 5 remaining matches we should be OK. I just have no confidence in this current squad to do exactly that.

We should have 3 home games post split at least.

2 wins and a draw 

They are only 6 points behind 

16 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

Drivel. We "qualified" for those by being part of the league.

In the same way as we "qualifed" for it this time by not being in the Euro positions.

You thick cunt.

Oops, red mist through gin and that AFC performance.
My bad.

16 hours ago, Dr_Manhattan said:

Well all of that is before my time as a supporter, so I don't ever remember group stages.

I bow to your knowledge, and the effort you went to typing all that out to win an internet point. Kudos.

Was only pulling yer leg.

Aye, was a tiring type, burnt mysel' oot, though fuck all else to do on a Saturday night stuck in the desert.

I didn't really take you for being that young?

Maybe you just come across as mature. ?