In the News

Ramandu

24 minutes ago, CCB III said:

You ever actively looked into race theory? 

Specifically American but much applies to here. 

Id suggest it might be worth your time, if you're actually interested in understand things that make you say posts like this one I'm replying to. 

Have you looked into it like and if so, how far?

13 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Have you looked into it like and if so, how far?

What do you mean? 

I've read books on the stuff yah. 

Wouldn't say I've studied it. My suggestion for MHD is that he maybe looks into something like so, so he wouldn't sound so unbelievably ignorant.

Not claiming to be an expert on it but if someone is truly interested in understanding where people are coming from and not just getting angry at articles designed to make you so, it's something worth looking into. 

Of course, you can reject the theory and arguments presented, but it's worth looking into something that you've not given much thought to. 

35 minutes ago, CCB III said:

My suggestion for MHD is that he maybe looks into something like so, so he wouldn't sound so unbelievably ignorant.

Ignorant about what?  I just said black folk are always talking about being black,  which they do. It's a fact. You started talking about why this might be,  and race theory. Two different things. It doesn't make someone ignorant because they haven't read the same literature as you.

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

Ignorant about what?  I just said black folk are always talking about being black,  which they do. It's a fact. You started talking about why this might be,  and race theory. Two different things. It doesn't make someone ignorant because they haven't read the same literature as you.

When you said "not supposed to see colour" that prompted me to say you were ignorant. 

Because that's not what people are saying on the issue of race atm. The opposite, in fact. 

To not see colour is to basically say racism doesn't exist- which it does. 

1 minute ago, CCB III said:

When you said "not supposed to see colour" that prompted me to say you were ignorant. 

Because that's not what people are saying on the issue of race atm. The opposite, in fact. 

Can black people be racist towards white people Consi boy?

10 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Personally,  I think constantly focusing on race just creates a  'them and us'  mentality.  It's counter productive. We should all just rub along in harmony and forget our differences.  You don't agree?

12 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

Personally,  I think constantly focusing on race just creates a  'them and us'  mentality.  It's counter productive. We should all just rub along in harmony and forget our differences.  You don't agree?

Well not really, because then you're working on the assumption there are no differences, we are all treated the same, and there aren't issues. 

The "them and us" mentality wasn't created by black people, m8.