Wildlife

Dad

6 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Potato potato

My bigger concern is finding out they eat tadpoles and snails - found my favourite tiger snail earlier, shell minus the actual snail devastating 

Oooohhh.  You don't like bein' wrong.

Who'd have thought?

Tomato tomato, let's call the whole thing 📴

6 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Bigger one, 2.4m by 2m, 90cm deep

Both are only a year old so still to properly establish but no pumps or filters, got the right ratio and selection of plants to keep the water crystal clear and have all sorts of life in it, I ABSOLUTELY love them

20230526-203822.jpg
early harp 4 letters

Get MHD toon for a swim? 

A nice wee bar over looking the pond would be magic MT. Bit of raised decking, the works. Get it sorted. 

4 minutes ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

Seriously tho, that looks really impressive.

Screenshot-20230526-205246-Gallery.jpg

How it began, so it's less than a year old, another few years before it properly establishes but it provides a spectacular calm space for me

I've spent every day of the last few weeks saving a wee beetle from the big one, fishing it out, putting it on ground

Only this morning found out its a water beetle 

1 minute ago, Millertime said:

Screenshot-20230526-205246-Gallery.jpg

How it began, so it's less than a year old, another few years before it properly establishes but it provides a spectacular calm space for me

I've spent every day of the last few weeks saving a wee beetle from the big one, fishing it out, putting it on ground

Only this morning found out its a water beetle 

😁😁 Voracious wee cunts water beetles.

4 minutes ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

😁😁 Voracious wee cunts water beetles.

How do you know so much about it?

Got your own pond?

I'm using the wee pond as a nursery then transplant into the bigger one, but I'm at the point I have too many, need to look into selling them 

The duckweed has exploded

1 minute ago, Millertime said:

How do you know so much about it?

Got your own pond?

I'm using the wee pond as a nursery then transplant into the bigger one, but I'm at the point I have too many, need to look into selling them 

The duckweed has exploded

Nah, don't have a pond but I've been into wildlife since I was a bairn.  Particularly our indigenous variety here in the UK.

Starting gettin' proper knowledge when I started collectin' birds eggs in my early teens.

Just something I've always had a liking for and it's my favourite subject to photograph, whether it's creepy crawlies, birds, mammals.  Just love it.

I posted a pic of a slater in this thread this week and I think a Meadow Pipit last week.  Dunno if you saw them but that's the kinda stuff I do.  Just a hobby like.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Amazing the amount of wild animals who wander about in southern Spain.

Saw a large mother pig and 3 piglets a few nights ago when we were staggering back to the apartment in the wee hours.

Feckin' shit ourselves. 

They always look worse in the mornin' I find😁

41 minutes ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

Nah, don't have a pond but I've been into wildlife since I was a bairn.  Particularly our indigenous variety here in the UK.

Starting gettin' proper knowledge when I started collectin' birds eggs in my early teens.

Just something I've always had a liking for and it's my favourite subject to photograph, whether it's creepy crawlies, birds, mammals.  Just love it.

I posted a pic of a slater in this thread this week and I think a Meadow Pipit last week.  Dunno if you saw them but that's the kinda stuff I do.  Just a hobby like.

Slater?

Woodlouse 

1-1

Saw a weird cunt with a fire and a huge machete and saw when I walked the river don the other day, he was sawing fuck out of logs but there was loads of small blown off bits about. Really weird cunt, dons top on. Suspect he probably posts on the football threads here. The girl I was with said; that's the reason I don't walk here alone. Right across from Tilly.

Shout out to the teenage girls smoking weed on the benches, what a view to get wasted, loved that.

2 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Saw a weird cunt with a fire and a huge machete and saw when I walked the river don the other day, he was sawing fuck out of logs but there was loads of small blown off bits about. Really weird cunt, dons top on. Suspect he probably posts on the football threads here. The girl I was with said; that's the reason I don't walk here alone. Right across from Tilly.

Shout out to the teenage girls smoking weed on the benches, what a view to get wasted, loved that.

Probably Rocket Scientist 

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Sawing logs with a machete?

4 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

Sawing logs with a machete?

Was like a double edged thing, he might be at the don across from tilly every night, not been there in years. Total weirdo, think he's watched too many bear grylls. There was firewood everywhere, this cunt was sawing stuff.

2 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Was like a double edged thing, he might be at the don across from tilly every night, not been there in years. Total weirdo, think he's watched too many bear grylls. There was firewood everywhere, this cunt was sawing stuff.

Sounds like he’s guaranteed to be someone off here. Probably pished or cocained out of his nut.