Just now, Studebaker-90 said:

This is what happens when the mentally deranged are left with unlimited access to the internet 

If we’re mostly all the mentally deranged ones chatting. Why are you & the small minority of ‘sane’ ones trying to reason with us & point out our ridiculousness? 🤔 who’s more mentally deranged in this scenario?

3 hours ago, Tinyweelad said:

A wee bit like Millermong, I'm actually very doubtful you're of any use when it comes to physically providing support to AFC, whether financially or in person. No one with such a pessemistic outlook could possibly be a real supporter. Plastic wannabee ITK folk like you who're crying out for attention on a forum... look at me, look at me, I need adulation. Absolutely pathetic. I'll carry on ploughing my hard earned into the club and back them vocally both on and off the pitch. Tell you one thing, success is never gauranteed in life, nor in sport. But I'll back the club where I can to give it their best shot. Feckin Sky Sport Transfer wannabee saddo's like you should stay as far away from my club as possible.

Want to rack up our monthly outlay to AFC, see who's more use?

• Haha 1

I'm inclined to understand the 'lazy recruitment' jibes in terms of Scales

Personally, and for the 'rumoured' amount of money to get him, we could and should be looking for better

That said, this isn't unique to chasing LS - We require upgrades in several positions from last season if we are to compete 

The likes of JM & SM as examples will not cut it, even as squad fillers / off the bench

Big few weeks ahead given all the 'good news' trumpeting lately

It’s a forum ladies and gents.  Can’t always agree.  Some folk carry on as though Scales is Maldini, others think he’s fuckin pish and not worth the cash.  He will look even worse without Pollock.  

Leave him to peel the half time tatties at Porkheid.

2 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

It’s a forum ladies and gents.  Can’t always agree.  Some folk carry on as though Scales is Maldini, others think he’s fuckin pish and not worth the cash.  He will look even worse without Pollock.  

Porkheid

That's great banter, it really is

2 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

Agreed, fuck giving our hard earned money to those minks.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

I wouldn’t pay money for Scales ideally… there’s some short memories as he was absolutely awful first half of the season. One of the major culprits… Having said that, he was much better with some calm heads around him… 

However, we’re now 10 days from the start of the season, with a busy period of 2 games per week, for the next couple of months, and we’re staring down the barrel of Devlin, Milne and MacKenzie as a back three.

No doubt we’ve been really unlucky with so many players turning us down this summer, but are we in panic signing territory yet? Are we in legitimate pant pishing territory yet?

Given the timescales any last min recruits will have to bed in, and work with the squad/management, before start of the season… is Scales a good option now? Knows the club and squad, etc, etc. A better option than a punt loan deal from the English Lower Leagues?

6 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

I wouldn’t pay money for Scales ideally… there’s some short memories as he was absolutely awful first half of the season. One of the major culprits… Having said that, he was much better with some calm heads around him… 

However, we’re now 10 days from the start of the season, with a busy period of 2 games per week, for the next couple of months, and we’re staring down the barrel of Devlin, Milne and MacKenzie as a back three.

No doubt we’ve been really unlucky with so many players turning us down this summer, but are we in panic signing territory yet? Are we in legitimate pant pishing territory yet?

Given the timescales any last min recruits will have to bed in, and work with the squad/management, before start of the season… is Scales a good option now? Knows the club and squad, etc, etc. A better option than a punt loan deal from the English Lower Leagues?

Good points. It’s a tough one. 

36 minutes ago, NEM said:

The price of maltesers must have rocketed with inflation….

Pppppahahaha hahahahahahahahahaha hahahahagagagahahahahahahahahaha hahahahagagaga 

hahahahahahahahaha hahahahagagagahahahahahahahahaha hahahahagagaga

hahahahahahahahaha hahahahagagaga

No

• Dildo 3
1 hour ago, NorfolkDandy said:

I'm inclined to understand the 'lazy recruitment' jibes in terms of Scales

Personally, and for the 'rumoured' amount of money to get him, we could and should be looking for better

That said, this isn't unique to chasing LS - We require upgrades in several positions from last season if we are to compete 

The likes of JM & SM as examples will not cut it, even as squad fillers / off the bench

Big few weeks ahead given all the 'good news' trumpeting lately

I agree with this generally, i do think that we can get better considering the amount of free players available across Europe and players who might cost less and be as good equally.  If we do sign get him though i wouldn't be angry or upset as he is good enough for the SPFL and would do ok in europe for us  

Should tell Celtic that the most we’re will to pay for him is the fee they paid for him (we can agree 50% sell on if that helps) but any more & we’d rather spend the cash elsewhere & they can fk off with any suggestions of a loan (unless with same fee at most) guaranteed buy in jan

2 hours ago, BrisDon said:

Should tell Celtic we’ll pay them a sack of potatoes and a future fee of any pot of gold found at the end of a rainbow, tattie munchin, kiddie fiddling cunts.

While I enjoy the sentiment in this reasonable and well thought out post, every day that passes by pushes us further into the clutches of a seller's market. 

The Tims have no need to offload Scales....he's a tiny bit part of their squad and the whole purpose of keeping him for the moment is to wait for some English lower Championship or 1st division side to come along and offer the over half a million that they're apparently looking for. 

We, on the other hand, and becoming increasingly desperate to find a left-sided central defender. And every selling club knows that. 

We're hardly negotiating from a position of strength here. 

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, englishred said:

I agree with this generally, i do think that we can get better considering the amount of free players available across Europe and players who might cost less and be as good equally.  If we do sign get him though i wouldn't be angry or upset as he is good enough for the SPFL and would do ok in europe for us  

Quite possibly

The annoyance for me is how we 'appear' to have placed all our eggs in the same basket (Again?) here, when we've had month(s) to identify / go after an equal, or better

I don't rubbish players or the club generally, however this does have the 'look and feel' of being lazy

Personally, I feel that Sokler / (Possibly) Devlin are to date the only upgrades we have on last season - I suspect we require(d) 5/6 in 'obvious' positions in order to consolidate / progress in the league, and to not be embarrassed in the group stages

Time will tell of course 👍

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Dave Bus said:

You have to question why this guy isn’t begging Rodgers to go out on loan or get a transfer. Just wasting his career being 5th choice centre half at Celtic, he’ll have been looking at the game today wishing he was playing.

Because he’s possibly got a chance now that Cameron carthorse-vickers is injured 

11 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Because he’s possibly got a chance now that Cameron carthorse-vickers is injured 

He didn’t get a chance today when carter vickers got injured, and then when carter vickers is back from his hamstring injury in 4-6 weeks time he’ll have even less chance. 

6 hours ago, Dave Bus said:

You have to question why this guy isn’t begging Rodgers to go out on loan or get a transfer. Just wasting his career being 5th choice centre half at Celtic, he’ll have been looking at the game today wishing he was playing.

How do you know that he and his agent aren't?

You don't do your dirty washing in public. We don't know what is going on with Scales. He may have indicated that he wishes to move on in private. Celtic hold the aces here not the player and it will do him absolutely no good spitting the dummy and being banished to train with the U18's or similar for the next two seasons.