It appears that Robson is keen to have him in the dressing room. Maybe he's really good at picking up instructions and so on. 

Our defence was pretty solid on the whole after Robson took over, in terms of goals conceded (barring the 2 Celtic games). 

The defence also seemed to gel well, so all things considered its no surprise to me that Robson really wants him back.

Celtic will be easier to deal with after getting the 3 points they wanted I reckon. I can't see why they'd want to stand in his way if he's surplus to requirements if they get their money back and a percentage of any upside. 

1 hour ago, minijc said:

Nae able to have an opinion for yourself like, based off of the 34+ games he played last season?

Of course l have an opinion but unlike you l do not believe l know better than the people who know and have worked with him. The club, at long last wants to bring in players who will stop the annual turn over of more than half the squad as we have done the last two years. I also believe the management team have and will continue to improve the players they have. We ended last season with 8 loanees . That is not sustainable or desirable for a club like Aberdeen. That kind of player recruitment is more likely to be seen at the likes of Livi , St Johnstone and Ross County. 

2 minutes ago, G man said:

Of course l have an opinion but unlike you l do not believe l know better than the people who know and have worked with him. The club, at long last wants to bring in players who will stop the annual turn over of more than half the squad as we have done the last two years. I also believe the management team have and will continue to improve the players they have. We ended last season with 8 loanees . That is not sustainable or desirable for a club like Aberdeen. That kind of player recruitment is more likely to be seen at the likes of Livi , St Johnstone and Ross County. 

You do realise he is most likely going to be signed on loan, yeah?

7 minutes ago, G man said:

That was last year. A lot has changed in that time. 

Haha righto, is that why the club won't meet Celtics valuation, which had they done last season he'd have already been our player but instead we are dicking about on a key position with a player there's a slight chance we won't get at all.

1 hour ago, redone said:

There probably are players out there who tick all these boxes….but the stumbling block might be that we’re not their only option or their preferred option or they’re just not keen enough to move to Aberdeen.  That seems to have been why we couldn’t sign Teklic , for example. 

Some folk seem to think that signing new players is as simple as online shopping

Only simpletons do. 
But thanks for patronising though 😆

Just now, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Lol, yer like a dug with a bone 

Generally you get better value shopping abroad as you do shopping at home. 

Haha aye but you can't just do that all the time!

There's not an endless supply of sub-500k balkans 

I think Scales would be a superb signing and I hope it's a formality 

Ticks so many boxes and absolutely young enough to improve further 

Seems like he was a eight good egg in the changing room too

2 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Haha aye but you can't just do that all the time!

There's not an endless supply of sub-500k balkans 

I think Scales would be a superb signing and I hope it's a formality 

Ticks so many boxes and absolutely young enough to improve further 

Seems like he was a eight good egg in the changing room too

Yeh I wouldn’t be upset at him signing.

He’s a decent player who generally did fine under Robson.

I’m questioning the value/expense I suppose. 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Did he? Genuinely what games did he excel in under Robson at the end of last season. He had games where he played 'well' but i can't overly remember any where he excelled.

His defensive display up at Ross County was epic. And his performance (overall) against the huns when we beat them, was very impressive. Several others where along with Pollock and MacDonald, they we went above and beyond.

I get it. You don't rate him. Your opinion might be different to other mind.

4 hours ago, minijc said:

25, would be seen as a failure at Celtic so he'd be seen as a failure at Celtic which may put bigger clubs off.  The fee that Celtic want means we wouldn't have much room for making a lot of profit either, I also think it would be mental for us to spend it (plus the wages) on someone who has proven to be a liability at times and not much better than average in other times.

Some players shouldn't be seen as being bought to be profitable. Scales for me is one of them and is worth more to us in his ability to shore up the defence, than the likes of a Duk, Miovski, Clarkson etc, who we may see as fitting into the player development model. If we bought him for 500-700k and got 3 seasons out of him, where he bagged us a fair amount of points from being part of a solid defence - then moved on for jack shit at the end of his contract, I'd see that as money well spent. Think of it as OPEX rather than CAPEX.

Just now, minijc said:

Your obsession with me is getting worse, all because you can't handle someone not licking the managers arse for every decision he makes.

Far FAR from it hombre. Pish like Robson's Rimmers just shows you up for your DESTRUCTIVE, not constructive criticism. Also, running off and crying to the admin about sharing your name - which you shared with everyone to see anyway - just shows you for the guy you are. Dry yer eyes.

1 minute ago, Tinyweelad said:

Some players shouldn't be seen as being bought to be profitable. Scales for me is one of them and is worth more to us in his ability to shore up the defence, than the likes of a Duk, Miovski, Clarkson etc, who we may see as fitting into the player development model. If we bought him for 500-700k and got 3 seasons out of him, where he bagged us a fair amount of points from being part of a solid defence - then moved on for jack shit at the end of his contract, I'd see that as money well spent. Think of it as OPEX rather than CAPEX.

Scales would have to go some to earn back the points he gave away last season before he improved a bit, if that's how it works.  The club are not spending £750-1m on a defender to not sell on in the future, it's clear some at the club have doubts over him despite how much the manager wants him and for that, I'm thankful. 

Just now, Tinyweelad said:

Far FAR from it hombre. Pish like Robson's Rimmers just shows you up for your DESTRUCTIVE, not constructive criticism. Also, running off and crying to the admin about sharing your name - which you shared with everyone to see anyway - just shows you for the guy you are. Dry yer eyes.

Rules are rules mate, you posted my name about 10 times, which is weird, just glad you haven't started emailing me yet.

1 minute ago, minijc said:

Scales would have to go some to earn back the points he gave away last season before he improved a bit, if that's how it works.  The club are not spending £750-1m on a defender to not sell on in the future, it's clear some at the club have doubts over him despite how much the manager wants him and for that, I'm thankful. 

Oooh, oooh, is this same guy that doubts the double sessions? Some at the club. Aye, the lad from the Merkland Rd pie stall? Deary fuckin me. What lengths will you go to to drag the manager's name through the mud?
Scales is a known quantity - a very decent left sided centre half and is miles better than what we have there at present. I'd go as far to say that every team out with the bigot bros, would take him if he was on a free.

Just now, Tinyweelad said:

Oooh, oooh, is this same guy that doubts the double sessions? Some at the club. Aye, the lad from the Merkland Rd pie stall? Deary fuckin me. What lengths will you go to to drag the manager's name through the mud?
Scales is a known quantity - a very decent left sided centre half and is miles better than what we have there at present. I'd go as far to say that every team out with the bigot bros, would take him if he was on a free.

Are you really that dense?  If people at the club didn't have doubts on Scales and the valuation, we'd have signed him already, use your brain T min.

13 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

His defensive display up at Ross County was epic. And his performance (overall) against the huns when we beat them, was very impressive. Several others where along with Pollock and MacDonald, they we went above and beyond.

I get it. You don't rate him. Your opinion might be different to other mind.

I don’t think he’s a bad player and if we could get him for no more than £250k then it’d not be a bad deal. He’s not worth taking on loan again or spending extortionate amounts of money on.p though.

2 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

I don’t think he’s a bad player and if we could get him for no more than £250k then it’d not be a bad deal. He’s not worth taking on loan again or spending extortionate amounts of money on.p though.

Not in favour of a loan, but that's one of 3 games gone where he'd be unavailable. Dare I say it, but the 2 at Porkheid, wouldn't make much odds if he plays or not. So if a loan is the only way of getting him and it leads to us finishing 3rd, getting into EL and having some good games and even chance of a cup win, then fuck me sideways.... who are we to pour cold water over that.

As for purchase - it's his budget - if he wants/feels that Scales is a major part of the 1st team set up then fair doos. Again, who are we to judge?

1 minute ago, Tinyweelad said:

Not in favour of a loan, but that's one of 3 games gone where he'd be unavailable. Dare I say it, but the 2 at Porkheid, wouldn't make much odds if he plays or not. So if a loan is the only way of getting him and it leads to us finishing 3rd, getting into EL and having some good games and even chance of a cup win, then fuck me sideways.... who are we to pour cold water over that.

As for purchase - it's his budget - if he wants/feels that Scales is a major part of the 1st team set up then fair doos. Again, who are we to judge?

If we’re going to win a cup there’s a berry good chance that at some point we’d need to beat Celtic and he’d not be available to play against them.

5 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

Unfortunately it's more than double that. 

which is way too much.

2 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

Really? So Cormack and Gunn have reservations and are sat on the fence over his purchase, all the while, pissing off the manager? Come on, if you have proof that there's someone who has put a hold on the transfer, shit or come off the pot. Otherwise, it just gets filed along with your other inept destructive pattern of Barry Bashing (chairman of the BB's that you are of course).

The club have known Scales' price since last summer, the club have their value and it's no where near Celtics value hence why a deal hasn't been made and Burrows has told plenty of folk that it will most likely be a loan move even though they know it will piss off the fans. 

I don't know if Robson is pissed off by that or not, he knows his budget and how many players we need, spunking a large amount on it would cause some issues.

I'm also not bashing Barry, I'm making the point that if those making the final decisions felt Scales was worth what Celtic wanted, he'd have been here over a month ago.

33 minutes ago, minijc said:

We made some profit on Ramadani who was 2 years older, why wouldn't we on scales?