18 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

My (rough) workings also includes fees paid for both McCrorie & Ramadani (that’s why I said ‘profits’  plus the sell on (however minimal) % we would have had to pay their previous clubs.  Also did we even receive as much as £3.6m for both players?

We’ve also spent fees on Rubi, Sokler, McGary & even Williams. All before you add in Clarkson/Shinnie fees also but even without the latter two players  we’ve probably not far off broke even when signing fees are taken into account. 
Also be a small loan fee for Or 

After I read "rough workings " I moved straight onto posting this 

Absolutely zero point reading the rest, for multiple reasons

• Haha 7
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, slippers said:

Especially when we could be close to breaking our transfer record on him. 

This is why I reckon he'll only be back here on loan.

I'd certainly prefer him to MacKenzie there all season, but we shouldn't be paying anything north of £400k for him. Thankfully the club seem to be in agreement with that.

Seems like we haven't really bothered looking for any other left sided centre half to suit Robsons formation because we know that, at worst, we can just get Scales back on loan.

1 hour ago, minijc said:

Easily afford but this deal will take a massive amount out of the budget, if the total deal is around £1m, his wages will be at least 7k a week basic.

If we even consider paying that we've lost the plot. I am genuinely flabbergasted over our dogged pursuit of Scales. 

I was told £700k was the figure which is crazy IMO - however if the now reported £1M + figure is correct it would be lunacy to consider paying that!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4
10 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

If we even consider paying that we've lost the plot. I am genuinely flabbergasted over our dogged pursuit of Scales. 

I was told £700k was the figure which is crazy IMO - however if the now reported £1M + figure is correct it would be lunacy to consider paying that!

We should easily be able to find at least two players that are of similar quality to Scales or better for half of that rumoured fee.

I like Scales but if we’re even thinking about paying 1 million great british pounds for him then the board have gone insane.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Millertime said:

After I read "rough workings " I moved straight onto posting this 

Absolutely zero point reading the rest, for multiple reasons

Well pretty sure his (£3.6m) was rough workings also & totally ignoring what I said in the post he questioned, as I said we’ve more or less spent all the ‘profits’ from RamaCrorie sales 🤷

• Haha 1

Scales has made it known he would come back but he wont walk away from a much higher salary to come here, so unless Celtic get a fee for him he isn't going to come here this year, so we will no doubt get him back on loan with an option to buy at the end of the season.

Scales liked living in Aberdeen and I had heard he had bought a flat up here, not sure if that was jsut a rumour though.

2 hours ago, dj_bollocks said:

He was on a rumoured £8k a week... As was discussed many times last season...

Yes it was rumoured to be 8k on here but that’s hard to believe when he came from Ireland where the average wage is £700-£800 pound a week and Celtic are paying a guy they bought for £3.5 million is in £5k a week. 

If his agent got him a deal 10x more than he was probably on in ireland he deserves a trophy and every footballer would want him as an agent 

• Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, thurso said:

Yes it was rumoured to be 8k on here but that’s hard to believe when he came from Ireland where the average wage is £700-£800 pound a week and Celtic are paying a guy they bought for £3.5 million is in £5k a week. 

If his agent got him a deal 10x more than he was probably on in ireland he deserves a trophy and every footballer would want him as an agent 

We'll be paying £2m for him and 15 grand a week by the time this thread finishes. Folk making up numbers left, right and centre and then other dafties actually believing it.

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Not really sure why folk lose their shit about  transfer fees and wages for Scales cos nobody outside AFC will ever know what they are. 
Especially when compared to what we allegedly paid for Ramirez, both the fee and his wages.

It's a fair point but say in 5 years time the club goes under and we look back to see we paid an extremely daft amount for Scales and a few others, would be a real sickener. 

• Haha 1
42 minutes ago, minijc said:

Very funny post.

Wasn't meant to be funny. It's indicative of the sad trajectory this thread has taken. Delightfully illustrated by this gem

27 minutes ago, minijc said:

It's a fair point but say in 5 years time the club goes under and we look back to see we paid an extremely daft amount for Scales and a few others, would be a real sickener. 

14 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

Wasn't meant to be funny. It's indicative of the sad trajectory this thread has taken. Delightfully illustrated by this gem

It's a bit extreme of course and obviously unlikely to happen but I'd much rather we broke the bank for a player who could make a difference in a game with  his creativity over a defender.  Also some of the numbers mentioned on here are very accurate.

4 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

My (rough) workings also includes fees paid for both McCrorie & Ramadani (that’s why I said ‘profits’  plus the sell on (however minimal) % we would have had to pay their previous clubs.  Also did we even receive as much as £3.6m for both players?

We’ve also spent fees on Rubi, Sokler, McGary & even Williams. All before you add in Clarkson/Shinnie fees also but even without the latter two players  we’ve probably not far off broke even when signing fees are taken into account. 
Also be a small loan fee for Or 

All bollocks.

Mental way to consider it.

We're well in profit on this window's fees.

5 minutes ago, Dandyesque said:

All bollocks.

Mental way to consider it.

We're well in profit on this window's fees.

You know how much outlay we’ve had for Clarkson, Shinnie, Rubi, Sokler, McGarrie plus loan fees for Williams & Or like? 

Not to mention the £3.6m ‘profits’ for RamaCrorie 🤣

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

You know how much outlay we’ve had for Clarkson, Shinnie, Rubi, Sokler, McGarrie plus loan fees for Williams & Or like? 

Not to mention the £3.6m ‘profits’ for RamaCrorie 🤣

I'd estimate £1m tops in fees. Maybe slightly over.

All set off by the £1.2m we're supposed to have received for Ramadani.

We should still have the McRorie transfer clear - we've not yet spent the rumoured £1m we were going to spend on Teklic.

4 minutes ago, Dandyesque said:

I'd estimate £1m tops in fees. Maybe slightly over.

All set off by the £1.2m we're supposed to have received for Ramadani.

We should still have the McRorie transfer clear - we've not yet spent the rumoured £1m we were going to spend on Teklic.

So we got Clarkson Shinnie free? & no signing on fee for Devlin etc. 

Come on ffs. We’ve spent a fk load more than £1m