16 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Extremely boring Alan Gow situation going on here.

I am at the point I hate myself every time I click this thread now.

I'd actually prefer if we signed Gow. At Least he would be free.  And even though about 50 he's probably better if squarepegged in at the back 🤣

9 hours ago, dj_bollocks said:

Of course if Scales really is that good and a left footed CB is such a prize the likes of Rotherham, Huddersfield, Sunderland would be able to shell out £800k and £10k wages with out blinking an eyelid... So there's the next issue if he's made available... Celtic might get a much better offer...

fingers crossed

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, davieb said:

fingers crossed

Fingers Crossed ,you must be a Catholic that won’t work,  you will need to be down on your knees praying to the Holy Spirit to change Roy RODGERS mind set to sell scales to us.   If that doesn’t work send him an  email to jump on TRIGGER and ride off into the sunset, where he will be reunited with TONTO 

8 minutes ago, Arthur FN Shelby said:

If Scales does sign it will be the biggest anti climax this transfer window. Waiting on a Celtic reserve woo hoo. Sure he did ok last season but there MUST be similar players out there. Just don’t get the waiting for Scales saga tbh.

Especially when we could be close to breaking our transfer record on him. 

• Upvote 2
10 minutes ago, Arthur FN Shelby said:

If Scales does sign it will be the biggest anti climax this transfer window. Waiting on a Celtic reserve woo hoo. Sure he did ok last season but there MUST be similar players out there. Just don’t get the waiting for Scales saga tbh.

Couldn’t agree more. Get Robson likes him etc but there surely is a better player out there that’s more affordable etc 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Arthur FN Shelby said:

Celtic reserve but behind muti million transfers CBs.  He would be first team for us. Once again it is about getting someone who has kicked the ball in anger in spfl and worked well in our system.  Ie less risk especially if paying a king randsom

Just now, thurso said:

How do you know that his wage would be 7k 

Basing it off what I've been told by people who do these sorts of things, when a substantial fee is involved, a decent percentage of the total fee is then involved for the signing on fee and wages. 

I also don't think we would be signing someone from Celtic, a player who knows how much we want him and not have to pay a good wage.

28 minutes ago, minijc said:

Easily afford but this deal will take a massive amount out of the budget, if the total deal is around £1m, his wages will be at least 7k a week basic.

Signing Scales ( including other players fees so far) will likely pretty much wipe out any profit made on Ramadani, or McRorie leaving us having to dip into Euro cash (which we won’t receive until next year) to source a Ramadani replacement.

12 minutes ago, minijc said:

Basing it off what I've been told by people who do these sorts of things, when a substantial fee is involved, a decent percentage of the total fee is then involved for the signing on fee and wages. 

I also don't think we would be signing someone from Celtic, a player who knows how much we want him and not have to pay a good wage.

I thought the signing on fee comes out of the fee we pay them not on top of it, that’s why clubs ask for more. Or it used to anyway. 

I don’t think he’s on anywhere near 5k at Celtic if he is his agent got him a great deal. 

12 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Signing Scales ( including other players fees so far) will likely pretty much wipe out any profit made on Ramadani, or McRorie leaving us having to dip into Euro cash (which we won’t receive until next year) to source a Ramadani replacement.

Care to explain your working?

I don't see how we're coming close to spending £3.6M this window. I don't think we're even close to £2M.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Arthur FN Shelby said:

I'd love to know your definition of ok. I'd be reluctant to sign a player that was more often than not poor for the duration of the season. Yes he improved, but that wasn't difficult given the standard he set.

The beauty of loans it gives you the option to try before you buy. If he does sign it would be a similar scenario as James Wilson. Loaning a player, discovering they were shit and then signing them permanently.

• Upvote 1
46 minutes ago, Dandyesque said:

I don't see how we're coming close to spending £3.6M this window. I don't think we're even close to £2M.

My (rough) workings also includes fees paid for both McCrorie & Ramadani (that’s why I said ‘profits’  plus the sell on (however minimal) % we would have had to pay their previous clubs.  Also did we even receive as much as £3.6m for both players?

We’ve also spent fees on Rubi, Sokler, McGary & even Williams. All before you add in Clarkson/Shinnie fees also but even without the latter two players  we’ve probably not far off broke even when signing fees are taken into account. 
Also be a small loan fee for Or 

56 minutes ago, Dandyesque said:

13 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

My (rough) workings also includes fees paid for both McCrorie & Ramadani (that’s why I said ‘profits’  plus the sell on (however minimal) % we would have had to pay their previous clubs.  Also did we even receive as much as £3.6m for both players?

We’ve also spent fees on Rubi, Sokler, McGary & even Williams. All before you add in Clarkson/Shinnie fees also but even without the latter two players  we’ve probably not far off broke even when signing fees are taken into account. 
Also be a small loan fee for Or 

A simple no would have sufficed 

• Haha 2