25 minutes ago, Donscanada said:

I suspect it was north of 1mm probably a recored fee for the dons and likely the turkish club offered a higher wage too.  Guessing mgmt did not think he was the messiah for that risk.  However 4mm in transfers and addons for mecorie, ram and mckenna plus euro group stage money it was feasible

Trabzonspor having a Croatian manager helped as well. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Awayfromhomered said:

Do we pay a fee and a percentage of wages when we get someone on loan?

Depends on the club but Celtic have a history of charging a fee+wages so I wouldn't rule it out, even if they don't charge a fee I would expect them to want as much of the wages as possible.

4 hours ago, minijc said:

What we paid for a player and got for another is totally irrelevant to the value of Scales, also last I checked Ten Caat or any other fans value means fuck all, for all we know Ten Caat might think Richardson is only worth 50k.

For me, 350k up to about 500k for a push would be fine for him, I think some don't realise the wages and signing on fee that would be required when signing a player for around £1m.

Im not saying I’d pay £1million for scales but hes pretty comparative to ramadani through last season. 

If Celtic did pay £500,00 for scales you can see why they would want their money back after a relatively successful season at us 

7 hours ago, thurso said:

Im not saying I’d pay £1million for scales but hes pretty comparative to ramadani through last season. 

If Celtic did pay £500,00 for scales you can see why they would want their money back after a relatively successful season at us 

The figure I heard was Celtic wanted north of £700k not £500k - no idea if that is correct or not.

Pollock doesnae want to come back. He made it clear he wanted to be at and give a go at Watford..

Scales it would seem is keen,otherwise there's no way this would've dragged on as long. I think it's more Celtic wanting money back on him. 

Pollock ain't coming anytime soon. I'd have both,but with Williams and Rubi I don't see the club going for Pollock unless he makes noises. 

Need to shift this Scales deal,I would take him no fuss. He's an upgrade on what we have. I want central defender to be that not full backs. 

• Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

The figure I quoted may be absolute made up nonsense, it may be near the correct Celtic valuation - I genuinely don't know. It was what I was told about 6 weeks ago. 

I'm certainly "not in the know" 🧐

£100 grand max.  I reckon it will be another loan but again not keen when we have to play them possibly 3 or more times without him in the side.  Just more disruption for the starting 11.