Bojan Miovski

He's been absolutely brilliant thus far. A proper striker. Link-up play still a bit dodgy at times and he can completely drift out of the game for spells but by fuck he more than makes up for that. Lovely finish for the second goal yesterday. 

Great team mate too by the looks of it. Him giving Vinnie that penalty was classy stuff. 

It just seems like he brings confidence to the team. I'm maybe getting carried away and imagining it but players seem more likely to attempt a pass in behind the defence now in the knowledge that Miovski has a decent chance of doing something with it, rather than us just firing it wide in an attempt to create a crossing opportunity. He doesn't stand waiting for the pass to be made either, he often starts the run, then players see it and react. He allows us more options and it's great to see. Really good player

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

He's been absolutely brilliant thus far. A proper striker. Link-up play still a bit dodgy at times and he can completely drift out of the game for spells but by fuck he more than makes up for that. Lovely finish for the second goal yesterday. 

Great team mate too by the looks of it. Him giving Vinnie that penalty was classy stuff. 

Yep him and Vinnys bromance is lovely to watch 

Wee Duk is in on that too

I don't think we'll hang onto Miovski for too long so let's enjoy him while he is here and hopefully he can help us win a trophy. Absolutely the type of signing we should be looking to make on a regular basis one who will make a big impact whilst he is here and then be sold on for a very tidy profit. 

I don't think anyone cares that we missed out on the Norwegian striker earlier in the window (his name escapes me) due to the impact Miovski has made. He is quality and a big change from last summer when we signed JET, Watkins and Ramirez who are forwards at the tail end of their careersE with no potential sell on value. 

40 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

I don't think we'll hang onto Miovski for too long so let's enjoy him while he is here and hopefully he can help us win a trophy. Absolutely the type of signing we should be looking to make on a regular basis one who will make a big impact whilst he is here and then be sold on for a very tidy profit. 

I don't think anyone cares that we missed out on the Norwegian striker earlier in the window (his name escapes me) due to the impact Miovski has made. He is quality and a big change from last summer when we signed JET, Watkins and Ramirez who are forwards at the tail end of their careersE with no potential sell on 

Absolutely

They aren't all going to be winners, as long as a good percentage are

I am still sure Duk will be a revelation too

I love him, not felt this way about a dons player since Zerouali; he reminds me of him

34 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Absolutely

They aren't all going to be winners, as long as a good percentage are

I am still sure Duk will be a revelation too

I love him, not felt this way about a dons player since Zerouali; he reminds me of him

Exactly we will get some signings wrong every club does as long as the model remains trying to bring in young hungry players with raw talent who we can potentially sell on. 

Duk has the potential to be a huge fans favourite would like to see him paired with Miovski up front in some games. I'm sure he will frustrate and excite in equal measures which is exactly what Zerouali did. Opposition players won't enjoy playing against him as he is so unpredictable. He is young, hungry, quick and clearly has talent hopefully he keeps on improving the more he plays competitive first team football. 

1 hour ago, Shinniesta said:

Exactly we will get some signings wrong every club does as long as the model remains trying to bring in young hungry players with raw talent who we can potentially sell on. 

Duk has the potential to be a huge fans favourite would like to see him paired with Miovski up front in some games. I'm sure he will frustrate and excite in equal measures which is exactly what Zerouali did. Opposition players won't enjoy playing against him as he is so unpredictable. He is young, hungry, quick and clearly has talent hopefully he keeps on improving the more he plays competitive first team football. 

Haha yeah, a lot of what he does in a game is actually funny

He plays like a cartoon character 

3 hours ago, Captain Caveman said:

Its the market we should be looking in, the english lower league is full of crap

Absolutely. Very much untapped as well.

English lower Leagues and the nonsense we've had from the collegiate system in America just won't cut it.

Still think he could be doing with support up there to really bolster the attack.

54 minutes ago, RAZOR said:

Absolutely. Very much untapped as well.

English lower Leagues and the nonsense we've had from the collegiate system in America just won't cut it.

Still think he could be doing with support up there to really bolster the attack.

No coincidence that we have a proper structure in place, with a recruitment expert who's came from a well financed club(by most standards) and will have a network to be tapped into to help us uncover these players and hopefully the expertise to properly evaluate.

It's not like we haven't signed foreign players in the past they just tend to have been a bit shite the past while. 

It also helps that we've had an academy production line starting to come to fruition - McKenna then Ramsay - and bringing in millions, allied to, let's be fair, some good McInnes era signings that were turned into enormous profits in Cosgrove and Ferguson.

The direction is positive imo.

• 3 weeks later...