Leighton Clarkson

Sky Sports scottish gadjee reporting that Liverpool happy to let him go on a permanent transfer.

Dons happy to take him on permanent transfer or loan.

Player* weighing up opportunities in English Championship.

*by player they obviously mean agent.

6 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Sky Sports scottish gadjee reporting that Liverpool happy to let him go on a permanent transfer.

Dons happy to take him on permanent transfer or loan.

Player* weighing up opportunities in English Championship.

*by player they obviously mean agent.

I noticed Idzes is also “weighing up his options” too.

Whether that’s waiting to see if we’re in European group football, or waiting for other offers, or a bit of both, fuck knows. 

12 hours ago, Jigsaw666 said:

Never thought we were in with a sniff of a permanent transfer for Clarkson. Given his quality I'm sceptical that we'd get him but if we do then kudos to all involved in making it happen. .

I remember the buzz when we managed to sign Aluko on a permanent after his loan deal.  I don't think anyone saw that happening.

Would be great to repeat that with Clarkson.

On 5/31/2023 at 9:38 PM, moray1903 said:

Exactly as I see it.

This might not be popular but I don't think we really want to be selling McCrorie this summer.

If we want to compete in Europe as well as both cups and the league, we will need a strong pool of players. McCrorie can play a few positions, and won't let us down. He is the type of player that will run all day and night for whatever club he plays for. I don't think this should be underestimate. 

I think keeping him would long term be worth more than 2 million to us. 

Popular with me, mate! Completely agree. I would love to see RM stay! Also, a player like him being traded between 2 English championship teams would be for way more than 2m. Ie 2m is a piss take. Sure that length of his current contract is a factor, or buy out clause and maybe he wants to go, but he’s the sort we want to be here going into next season and beyond. 

I think he’s technically better than he gets credit for too. Clearly not Cafu, but I’m sure I clocked a cheeky Maradona turn against St Mirren…

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, donswin1983 said:

Popular with me, mate! Completely agree. I would love to see RM stay! Also, a player like him being traded between 2 English championship teams would be for way more than 2m. Ie 2m is a piss take. Sure that length of his current contract is a factor, or buy out clause and maybe he wants to go, but he’s the sort we want to be here going into next season and beyond. 

I think he’s technically better than he gets credit for too. Clearly not Cafu, but I’m sure I clocked a cheeky Maradona turn against St Mirren…

He's offski it's 99.9% guaranteed.