Leighton Clarkson

3 hours ago, CCB III said:

Yeah, it's definitely better to secure targets early, rather than later in the window. 

What a fucking observation. 

I really hope barry etc are reading these pages, just in case they weren't aware of that type of idea...

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, Granite95 said:

Article in the Athletic say Liverpool are "open to offers" and he's expected to secure a permanent transfer, says other SPFL clubs interested (Huns + Tims really) and championship clubs

Not really anything new but hopefully can sign him on a permanent

https://theathletic.com/4588697/2023/06/07/liverpool-transfers-fabio-carvalho-leighton-clarkson/

Not good, I imagine the highest we’ll go is about £6k a week and most Chamoionship clubs are willing to go higher.

No doubt this lad is technically gifted, but for me he doesn't do it enough in matches to get to the next level. For instance, he didn't show up versus darvel and has been anonymous in several other matches. Wouldn't waste a high wage on him but for the right price, I would definitely sign him.

• Haha 4
33 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

No doubt this lad is technically gifted, but for me he doesn't do it enough in matches to get to the next level. For instance, he didn't show up versus darvel and has been anonymous in several other matches. Wouldn't waste a high wage on him but for the right price, I would definitely sign him.

Wow. If he's no good enough I can't wait to see our new signings.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

OK so since he was shite in 89 minutes of a game just tell him to fuck off. Very good.

Sorry if I offended you Leighton, but I did say you were technically gifted and I would be happy if you signed. If you bossed games more with the undoubted ability you possess then you would deserve a bigger slice of the pie. Hope this clarifies things. Enjoy your break.

Given Celtic’s position, I’d say rangers could be our closest competition for the lad.  He’s only young, so any comments he made in his interview could have been premature.  I find it hard to imagine he’d go to them based on those comments but a fair bit of it may rely on who’s staying/leaving.  He did feel part of a team here.  I’d be throwing everything we have to get him personally.  Even just out of spite for the huns 😂

10 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

Sorry if I offended you Leighton, but I did say you were technically gifted and I would be happy if you signed. If you bossed games more with the undoubted ability you possess then you would deserve a bigger slice of the pie. Hope this clarifies things. Enjoy your break.

No worries Johnny. Just stop shiting in my shoes you ugly irish prick. 

• Haha 3
Just now, Dandys1983 said:

30/70 is what I was told today, has a decent offer elsewhere supposedly. Hopefully he goes for a look and don't like what he sees 

It’ll be sevco or a championship club I’d think, we can’t offer him anything to compete with that sadly. 

1 minute ago, The Gee Man said:

Playing time has to be high on his agenda I hope

I would hope so too. Come to the Dons and be our main player and start 50 games.

Risk going elsewhere and being on the bench for the full season.

He's 21 and only has one season as a first pick under his belt.