Leighton Clarkson

14 hours ago, thurso said:

At least we have been offered £2m for him the day we get offered even a quarter of that for ramadani ill be very surprised and pay £100 to afc charity 

So you're willing to bet on something that's almost completely unverifiable by anyone on this forum? 😂

4 minutes ago, Helmet said:

So you're willing to bet on something that's almost completely unverifiable by anyone on this forum? 😂

Hey Fridge, you are a man of means so please contact the club and offer £500,000 for Ramadani. Obviously the transfer won't be completed but I just want to see Thurso forced into handing over a ton. 

• Haha 3
14 hours ago, donswin1983 said:

Really? Ramandani, in my view, has been one of our stand out players this season. We all see things differently of course, but I think he does a really good job. Certainly does a better job than you give him credit for…

How can ramadani be a stand out this season. Has he been msn of the match in any matches. He has been shit in more matches than he has been good.
He was even schooled by fucking darvel 

13 hours ago, NEM said:

He’ll finish his career with ten times the number of international caps the hun donkey will muster that’s for sure 

Of course he will get more caps it’s easier to get a game for Albania than it is Scotland. If mccrorie was Albanian he would have 100 caps 

• Dildo 1
28 minutes ago, thurso said:

How can ramadani be a stand out this season. Has he been msn of the match in any matches. He has been shit in more matches than he has been good.
He was even schooled by fucking darvel 

Of course he will get more caps it’s easier to get a game for Albania than it is Scotland. If mccrorie was Albanian he would have 100 caps 

So was McCrorie. 

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, thurso said:

That was meant to be his job. When wingback pushes forward to attack, defensive midfield goes over to cover and ramadani did a piss poor job of doing it 

McCrorie is very good at finding himself out of position and not putting the effort in to get back, Ramadani was shit for the goal and poor throughout, as was McCrorie and every other cunt that night.

14 hours ago, Tord31 said:

of course a transfer down there would be more hence mckenna will be between £10m and £20m when he moves

True, but in the McKenna example, he’s now a ‘premier league player’! My point is, we should be holding out for more (RM) and looking to set a precedent! He’s built to play in that league. 
Not that I’m suggesting any similarity in ability, but Villa got John McGinn for about 2m and whoever bought Andy Robertson (hull?) from the Arabs spent about 3m, from memory! Nae saying we should be getting loads of millions, but let’s nae shit the bed and sell in demand players below value! In my opinion 2m for RM is a great deal for the buyer! 

17 minutes ago, donswin1983 said:

True, but in the McKenna example, he’s now a ‘premier league player’! My point is, we should be holding out for more (RM) and looking to set a precedent! He’s built to play in that league. 
Not that I’m suggesting any similarity in ability, but Villa got John McGinn for about 2m and whoever bought Andy Robertson (hull?) from the Arabs spent about 3m, from memory! Nae saying we should be getting loads of millions, but let’s nae shit the bed and sell in demand players below value! In my opinion 2m for RM is a great deal for the buyer! 

It's important that players see a pathway. We cant be holding them back especially when they have already gave us 3 or 4 years of their career. I think 2m rising to 3m is perfectly reasonable. It actually shows how far we have came when a player of no star quality is still worth over 2m. 

• Upvote 6
14 hours ago, donswin1983 said:

It's not though, McCrorie has played in England and wasn't rated in the slightest, by the sounds of the things the total deal for him is very good from our point of view. 

He'll never, ever be the next John McGinn and he certainly won't be the next Robertson, McCrorie is 25, jack of all trades master of none, he lacks the technical ability required for midfield, his best position is probably as a right back yet he runs into trouble quite a lot and loses the ball cheaply. I wish him well but I think given his age and lack of ability we are getting a great deal here.

• Upvote 6
9 hours ago, minijc said:

It's not though, McCrorie has played in England and wasn't rated in the slightest, by the sounds of the things the total deal for him is very good from our point of view. 

He'll never, ever be the next John McGinn and he certainly won't be the next Robertson, McCrorie is 25, jack of all trades master of none, he lacks the technical ability required for midfield, his best position is probably as a right back yet he runs into trouble quite a lot and loses the ball cheaply. I wish him well but I think given his age and lack of ability we are getting a great deal here.

Fair play, mate! Not sure I agree, ‘it’s a great deal’ but i concede that it’s isn’t a bad deal. My point was about the pillaging of our league at a lower cost and looking to hold out for more. However, if the deal is 3m and not 2m, we’ve clearly bartered well and as a club, we deem that to be a fair price.

i agree that RB is his best position and I hope that Devlin does the job better than RM. I Still maintain he’s not as technically limited as you suggest. 
Good luck to the loon! I think he’s been good, in the main. 

• Upvote 1
On 6/3/2023 at 5:32 PM, slippers said:

It's important that players see a pathway. We cant be holding them back especially when they have already gave us 3 or 4 years of their career. I think 2m rising to 3m is perfectly reasonable. It actually shows how far we have came when a player of no star quality is still worth over 2m. 

True. But European football and competing against the old firm is also a legit opportunity. The chairman needs to figure out how to retain and pay a few quality players a competitive wage. Otherwise the entire team continues to leave. Hard to build chemistry.

• Upvote 3
10 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Would love him to come back but thinking we'll be very lucky if he does. Hopefully it doesn't drag on for months and a decision is made one way or the other sooner rather than later so that if he doesn't come we can move on to other targets.

Yeah, it's definitely better to secure targets early, rather than later in the window. 

What a fucking observation. 

• Haha 3
  • Dildo 1