Leighton Clarkson

16 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

He’s not coming back to AFC. 

If championship clubs involved I’d be stunned if he returned! Happy to be wrong though!

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Please don't draw that parallel. 

Aluko was fantastic, shame everyone around him was pretty poor. Proper player!

15 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I noticed Idzes is also “weighing up his options” too.

Whether that’s waiting to see if we’re in European group football, or waiting for other offers, or a bit of both, fuck knows. 

‘What have Dutch footballers or Dutch cubs ever done for us?’….

‘Ok, apart from Snelders and Gillhaus, what have Dutch footballer or clubs ever done for us?’

‘Paul Mason came from a Dutch club, Reg!’

‘Ok, apart from…………’

Taken directly from the ‘Aberdeen People’s Front’ or the ‘People’s Front of Aberdeen’. One of the two..

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, North east Cobian said:

If championship clubs involved I’d be stunned if he returned! Happy to be wrong though!

To be fair he's already been at Blackburn and barely got a sniff. If it's a team pushing for promotion fair enough but if its a team mid-lower half I can't see why that's more of an appeal than group stages football - obviously assuming celtic win tomorrow.

10 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

To be fair he's already been at Blackburn and barely got a sniff. If it's a team pushing for promotion fair enough but if its a team mid-lower half I can't see why that's more of an appeal than group stages football - obviously assuming celtic win tomorrow.

Maybe the weekly pay might be more appealing to him?

22 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Exactly what I’ve been thinking also.  Even his hometown club couldn’t make that stint a pleasurable one, he knows he is loved at Aberdeen and it could be argued ‘once bitten twice shy’ re championship.   There will be plenty of time in his career for a much bigger move after a season or two with us, European football will allow his experience to be pitched at a much higher level than being discussed now.   And remember there is now strong evidence of that progression with Ferguson, Ramsay and likely McRorie

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Average championship salary is 7k per week. We could beat that if required.

Depends what source you use

I googled it and this was top of the list

Figures for the average Championship salary vary considerably, from around £10,000 up to the £30,000 mark. Financial figures for Championship clubs are rarely made public. League One and League Two players earn considerably less per week. Only 15 players in League One earn more than the Championship average.12 Apr 2023

15 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Could probably work out averages based on their published accounts data. 

Would imagine there's a large number of assumptions and guesswork going on too though. 

Fairly easy to work out an average for each club and division by using published accounts. The 7k that is quoted repeatedly seems like a reasonable average.

19 minutes ago, moray1903 said:

Well if that turns out to be true, I think it's nuts.

He is our player and contracted to 2026. If he goes and we only get 2 million for him, I think that's a really poor bit of business 

We've sold less than a handful of players for more than that in our entire history. All with more to offer than McCrorie I'd say and younger when we sold them. 

How much do you think we should be asking for him? 

• Upvote 2
38 minutes ago, moray1903 said:

Well if that turns out to be true, I think it's nuts.

He is our player and contracted to 2026. If he goes and we only get 2 million for him, I think that's a really poor bit of business 

17 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We've sold less than a handful of players for more than that in our entire history. All with more to offer than McCrorie I'd say and younger when we sold them. 

Could easy be he has a release clause that we previously agreed to because we felt £2m was sufficiently pie in the sky value to slot in

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I dont want to sell him but if we do i would be looking for nearer 4million for him.

That's not to say his market value is 4 million, but him staying (in my opinion) is going to be worth more than 2 million to us. 

He is a really solid and proven player at our level, who can play in a few positions. Not to mention his experience, his ability to run and run and the fact he does not pick up many injuries. 

If we want to try and compete on all fronts he could be invaluable to us. A good League position and European qualification will pay back the 2 million we would get for him. We can then still sell him at the end of next season, once we have a more established squad. 

It just seems a big risk when we have so many positions to fill this summer, and at the level we are recruiting, not all the hew signings will work out.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, moray1903 said:

I dont want to sell him but if we do i would be looking for nearer 4million for him.

That's not to say his market value is 4 million, but him staying (in my opinion) is going to be worth more than 2 million to us. 

He is a really solid and proven player at our level, who can play in a few positions. Not to mention his experience, his ability to run and run and the fact he does not pick up many injuries. 

If we want to try and compete on all fronts he could be invaluable to us. A good League position and European qualification will pay back the 2 million we would get for him. We can then still sell him at the end of next season, once we have a more established squad. 

It just seems a big risk when we have so many positions to fill this summer, and at the level we are recruiting, not all the hew signings will work out.

😂

Have you seen the hun cunt play, genuinely? 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

He’s a squad player at best, can cover multiple positions but none to the required standard of starting eleven. 

Also you make it sound like Aberdeen are pushing him out the door, chances are he wants to go and experience playing in England whilst also making more money. 

6 minutes ago, moray1903 said:

Yes I have, and I still think he is worth keeping, with the cover he offers 

Tricky one as I don’t see him as a top player in any position. Who is going to pay £4m for him? If he was at another club would you be happy if we bought him for £4m? Not going to happen. 

He also wants away. Would you hold out for more than £2m and if not sold, end up with another huffy player on our hands (Ferguson didn’t take it too well, if you remember)? 

7 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

He’s a squad player at best, can cover multiple positions but none to the required standard of starting eleven. 

Also you make it sound like Aberdeen are pushing him out the door, chances are he wants to go and experience playing in England whilst also making more money. 

No for one minute do I think Aberdeen are trying to push him out the door. I think they would like to keep him, and I have no doubt McCrorie likes the idea of the bigger wages on offer in England 

I just think in the current situation we are in and the length of contract we have him on, that he should be told that he us staying for another season. I don't think he's the type of player to down tools.  

Also it's not the worst gig in the world staying with us for another year. It looking like being a very exciting season

No for one minute do I think Aberdeen are trying to push him out the door. I think they would like to keep him, and I have no doubt McCrorie likes the idea of the bigger wages on offer in England 

I just think in the current situation we are in and the length of contract we have him on, that he should be told that he us staying for another season. I don't think he's the type of player to down tools.  

Also it's not the worst gig in the world staying with us for another year. It looking like being a very exciting season

Don’t think he’d be overly happy staying another year even with European football, he’s hit his ceiling ability wise so won’t improve so Bristol is as high up the football ladder as he’ll get

8 minutes ago, Rico1903 said:

Tricky one as I don’t see him as a top player in any position. Who is going to pay £4m for him? If he was at another club would you be happy if we bought him for £4m? Not going to happen. 

He also wants away. Would you hold out for more than £2m and if not sold, end up with another huffy player on our hands (Ferguson didn’t take it too well, if you remember)? 

Not once did ferguson down tools do I think he took it ok even with the denied transfer request