Holidays 2023

The Buzzard

3 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Going to Iceland for 3 days next month with some mates, for anyone who's been, how much would you recommend taking? £500 be ok?

Depends how much you're boozing? Booze is a fortune. 

I didn't spend much there because we made our own food and were out exploring in the car all day every day. Only had a few beers when back in the digs at night. 

Fucking incredible scenery though. If you go to Sejlalandfoss, make sure you go to the second waterfall further along too that's totally enclosed within the cave. Smart as fuck. 

13 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I didn't spend much there because we made our own food and were out exploring in the car all day every day. Only had a few beers when back in the digs at night. 

Fucking incredible scenery though. If you go to Sejlalandfoss, make sure you go to the second waterfall further along too that's totally enclosed within the cave. Smart as fuck. 

Aye, we've got an apartment so probs be mostly boozing indoors, also have a car rented to cut about in, probs hit the pubs in Reykjavik one night. Probs go duty free. 

I'll keep that in mind, cheers.

Just now, CCB III said:

Aye, we've got an apartment so probs be mostly boozing indoors, also have a car rented to cut about in, probs hit the pubs in Reykjavik one night. Probs go duty free. 

I'll keep that in mind, cheers.

Aye. Def get some duty free on the way out. Wasn't in Reykjavik at all, so dunno how dear pubs there are. The Vimbudin(sp?) was dear enough for a carry oot. 

I'd read loads about driving being a pain but we went south coast as far as the black sand beach at Vik and it was a piece of pish. Hundreds of cool spots. That was in November and there was barely a car on the roads, will be busier noo. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Iceland is fucking ace. I was there in December and it’s cold like you’ve never known. I think temperature wise they only get about 14 degrees in their summer. £500 should be ok for three days but it is an expensive place. The hire car is a great thing to have over there as well. 
I’ll get a couple of photos up later ( if anyone gives a fuck[which I doubt😂])

I'd like to see them.

8 hours ago, Parklife said:

sounds dreadful parklife