Holidays 2023

The Buzzard

On 11/17/2022 at 1:13 PM, Edwin Starr said:

Used to drink 10 cups a day when I was 22 and would take a pot of the stuff before bed .🙄😬

Pea all night .

What about you Sooper?

Ah ha you got me 🙄😃

My mate just told me what that meant ,I really need to understand these sayings from you younger lads on here .

👍

Oops replied to myself 😃

That's a reply to you Sooper 🙄😆

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

How's Namibia?

was really good - even though i have been there around 4-5 times before -

Can hire a 4x4 with roof tents for around $100 a day and drive that around - we did following 

Sossuivlei 1 night  - Dunes as normal in morning

Swakopmund 3 nights  - Cessna Flight across the coast, and wifes cousin went on fishing boat, boaking all time

Damaraland - 1 night there and Xmas day was on a desert elephant drive, where they were basically all roaming about 2 miles up the dried up river

Etosha Park 2 nights - nae "lion King" Expereince this time, but seen around 17 elephants at the water hole at night arm wrestling with 9 rhino's to get best access to water

1 night Caprivi Strip (north strip above Botswana)

3 Nights Victoria Falls drving around 7 hours through Caprivi Strip/Botswana/Zimbabwe - loads of elephants on road, and wee chase from a bull one - Vic Falls is USA prices on activities - we crossed to Zambia to go to the "Devils Pool" on top of Vic Falls on that side 

1 night Caprivi Strip on way back - bit of driving at night, and elephants were roaming the roads, and another wee chase from some upset elephant   - Driving back through Botswana on the main road, had been raining so all elephants were out drinking water off road - must have seen around 30 over 50 km  

1 night around Grootfoentein, and visited the biggest meteorite in world - old school tourism, and they allow folk to clamber

not going back to Sossuvlei again - likely try and factor more time in Botswana although everyone says roads are terrible 

Caprivi Strip is full of small local villages which are well looked after, and very clean with no trash etc - ie 30-40 villages 

26 minutes ago, euan2020 said:

Can hire a 4x4 with roof tents for around $100 a day and drive that around - we did following 

Swakopmund 3 nights  - Cessna Flight across the coast, and wifes cousin went on fishing boat, boaking all time

Damaraland - 1 night there and Xmas day was on a desert elephant drive, where they were basically all roaming about 2 miles up the dried up river

Etosha Park 2 nights - nae "lion King" Expereince this time, but seen around 17 elephants at the water hole at night arm wrestling with 9 rhino's to get best access to water

3 Nights Victoria Falls drving around 7 hours through Caprivi Strip/Botswana/Zimbabwe - loads of elephants on road, and wee chase from a bull one - Vic Falls is USA prices on activities - we crossed to Zambia to go to the "Devils Pool" on top of Vic Falls on that side 

1 night Caprivi Strip on way back - bit of driving at night, and elephants were roaming the roads, and another wee chase from some upset elephant   - Driving back through Botswana on the main road, had been raining so all elephants were out drinking water off road - must have seen around 30 over 50 km  

1 night around Grootfoentein, and visited the biggest meteorite in world - old school tourism, and they allow folk to clamber

not going back to Sossuvlei again - likely try and factor more time in Botswana although everyone says roads are terrible 

Caprivi Strip is full of small local villages which are well looked after, and very clean with no trash etc - ie 30-40 villages 

Fuckin love yer elephants, Euan. 

46 minutes ago, euan2020 said:

In summary, you saw some elephants?

1 hour ago, maryhilldon said:

In summary, you saw some elephants?

Elephants, Rhino's, Giraffe's, just 1 lion, heaps of Zebra, Springbok, and loads  of Hippo's on the Okavango River - forget about them - ate some of the Kudu/Oryx   

4700 km in 14 days driving 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, euan2020 said:

Sounds epic. I'd love to do something like that. 

Is it safe enough? 

26 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Was in BA last September, yeah. 

Bash me a DM with any questions you have if you want and I'll do my best to assist. 

Cheers.

Me & 2 mates thinking about going in May. Buenos Aires & Patagonia maybe? 

One of them is the organiser. He can source flights/accommodation etc if that’s where we go.

Talked about taking in a Boca game, no idea of the practicalities of tickets etc. 

Lol, we’ll end up going somewhere in Europe & it’ll end up being “pub talk”.