Aberdeen 2 - 3 Sevco

Guest findlay_1903
3 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Well it's a lot bloody better than any manager since, so, yeah, pretty good.

Won 2, or 3 times in Glasgow too?

So, yeah , pretty good 

Won’t see us win at ibrox 3 times in the next 20/30 year. 

3 minutes ago, Millertime said:

No I know, I share your pain

We are basically arguing on here over the last few days about the best way to lose :(

Like watching 2 losers arguing over who is the least worst loser

If you were both bald I would throw a comb in between yous just for extra confusion & entertainment 

I suspect JG has put himself in a no win (No pun intended) situation after Saturday's embarrassment

Whilst a win against the Huns would be nice it'll simply lead to, and quite rightly in my opinion, even more finger pointing

Lose, more so heavily, and I think it sadly becomes a race to the bottom for him, and the current perpetual cycle continues for us

The last game against Sevco we basically left so much space everywhere that they were running through us constantly and had about 500 shots on goal, could easily have been 10 goals against. We also hardly posed any threat going forward.

The game against Celtic we parked the bus on the 18 yard line for the entire game and let them have about 99% possession and they still had about 200 shots on goal, and inevitably scored one. We once again posed zero threat going forward.

There must be some kind of happy medium surely. Neither of these approaches is effective. The last Sevco game where Goodwin seemed to think we "had a go" was a total shambles, possibly the biggest shambles I've ever seen from us, so bad it was almost like watching a comedy. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Goodwin ends up going 1 up front for this game and brings Hayes in for Duk. Maybe even goes 4231. Not saying it's what I would do, but got a feeling he might try it.

Roos

McCrorie Stewart Scales Coulson

Barron Ramadani

Hayes Clarkson Kennedy

Miovski

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

The last game against Sevco we basically left so much space everywhere that they were running through us constantly and had about 500 shots on goal, could easily have been 10 goals against. We also hardly posed any threat going forward.

The game against Celtic we parked the bus on the 18 yard line for the entire game and let them have about 99% possession and they still had about 200 shots on goal, and inevitably scored one. We once again posed zero threat going forward.

There must be some kind of happy medium surely. Neither of these approaches is effective. The last Sevco game where Goodwin seemed to think we "had a go" was a total shambles, possibly the biggest shambles I've ever seen from us, so bad it was almost like watching a comedy. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Goodwin ends up going 1 up front for this game and brings Hayes in for Duk. Maybe even goes 4231. Not saying it's what I would do, but got a feeling he might try it.

Roos

Barron Ramadani

Hayes Clarkson Kennedy

Miovski

Get McCrorie to fuck out the team.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
5 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Roos

Barron Ramadani

Hayes Clarkson Kennedy

Miovski

Worryingly from his interviews it appears Goodwin doesn't seem to think the happy medium exists.  It's either gung ho shambles like Ibrox or the cowardly shitshow witnessed on Saturday

Just now, NEM said:

Worryingly from his interviews it appears Goodwin doesn't seem to think the happy medium exists.  It's either gung ho shambles like Ibrox or the cowardly shitshow witnessed on Saturday

The thing is his "gung ho" approach posed just as little attacking threat as the cowardly approach from Saturday. It wasn't gung ho in the sense we were actually pouring forward in attack, just that we were leaving players up, meaning our LCB and RCB were covering their wide players meaning only Stewart was left defending centrally, and only Ramadani was providing cover. Ridiculous approach. Not sure what he was hoping to achieve with that. Who knows what we'll end up getting tomorrow night!

Just now, Don_Corleone said:

The thing is his "gung ho" approach posed just as little attacking threat as the cowardly approach from Saturday. It wasn't gung ho in the sense we were actually pouring forward in attack, just that we were leaving players up, meaning our LCB and RCB were covering their wide players meaning only Stewart was left defending centrally, and only Ramadani was providing cover. Ridiculous approach. Not sure what he was hoping to achieve with that. Who knows what we'll end up getting tomorrow night!

Exactly - it was a complete shambles obvious to everyone in the ground apart from Goodwin

4 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Tactically inept.

The alarm bells are definitely ringing. 

13 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

I believe

I

I Believe

I Believe That

I Believe That Rangers

I Believe That Rangers Died

I Believe That Rangers Died! I Believe That Rangers Died! I Believe That Rangers Died! I Believe That Rangers Died! I Believe That Rangers Died!.... and so and and so forth.

16 hours ago, NorfolkDandy said:

I suspect JG has put himself in a no win (No pun intended) situation after Saturday's embarrassment

Whilst a win against the Huns would be nice it'll simply lead to, and quite rightly in my opinion, even more finger pointing

Lose, more so heavily, and I think it sadly becomes a race to the bottom for him, and the current perpetual cycle continues for us

This ⬆️ although you know if we win he will try and justify Saturday by saying Celtic are a better team than the dead club.

3 minutes ago, thurso said:

Not asking for the team to be gung ho tonight but we can’t sit as deep as Saturday and our midfield has to engage with theirs and press them giving them no time on the ball 

Aye, just fire into them and make some crunching tackles early on. MacKenzie put in a proper crunching tackle at the weekend - need more of that, win the ball and send the man flying in the process - bit of aggression that we seem to lack. We should just play the same setup and system we have been playing at home previously which seems to work. Roll up the sleeves, go toe to toe with them, go to war and we'll see if we're good enough on the night. No need to dramatically change the whole system and setup for a game against this lot - just get the players fired up for it and go at them. Oh and find a way to get Hayes into the starting line up as he's the kind of character we need for games like this.

• Upvote 2