Hearts 5 - 0 Aberdeen

No-one has said the League Cup is as prestigious or as historic as the Scottish Cup. It isn't. But you try and make out as if the Scottish Cup is somehow tougher to win. Newsflash it isn't because in Scotland (mostly due to compete Glasgow domination and bragging rights between the two i.e quadruple trebles etc etc) they go all out to win both domestic cups as history proves. Both are major trophies you have to beat the same teams to prevail yet you try and make out the League Cup isn't a major trophy which is very disingenuous of you so no wonder you often get treated with contempt. Hearts fans turned up in their droves to the League Cup semi at Murrayfield against Celtic the other year so they were obviously desperate to win it. So spare us all with the "it's not a significant trophy" bullshit. It's one of only 2 major trophies Hearts can win. You know it and I know it. You've only won 3 in 60 years. So stop talking shite. We have won a major trophy more recently than Hearts. That is a stone cold fact.

I'm not knocking you or Hearts' ambition I couldn't give a flying fuck I concentrate on Aberdeen hence why I post on an Aberdeen forum and not on a Hearts one. I'm calling you out on the sheer utter hypocrisy of you saying you hope Hearts can somehow win the league (despite Celtic having on average around 1 million more fans through their gates for home games every season than what Hearts have) yet in the same breath you are saying clubs with 2k or 3k less fans per week than Hearts can no longer compete with them? If you can't see the utter hypocrisy in what you are saying you are beyond help.

• Upvote 9

4 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Do You Remember The Fergie Years FC

You've won a Sponsors Cup since 1990. Over 30 years of meh. Even with seasons with no Rangers, Hearts, Hibs in the top league you did nothing.

Arguing against that summary is like saying you accept it.

We're bursting out our stadium. Sold all 15.5k STs available and a waiting list of 2.5k. How's the 16k stadium plans?

We're profitable. Aberdeen loss making.

If you can't see a gulf opening up between us and Aber-Hibs, you're not paying attention.

Sorry you are not profitable at all. Every set of accounts you need money from Anderson to help balance the books

Some geek on kickback looked up stats.

Nice way of describing a fellow fan whose "stats" you're happy to use on another forum.

Is that why you spend so much time on here? Because people on Kickback don't like you?

If we beat St Mirren at home before this game, a win v Aberdeen will see us go 9 points clear. We won't blow that chance and will also want to go into the cup game vs Lochend Celtic on a high.

Your entire history is basically just you bottling it at the finish line.

3 hours ago, Shinniesta said:

I know. It's almost like you don't . On one hand Hearts fans eventually expect to compete with Celtic and Sevco despite respectively having 40k and 30k less fans per home game yet on the other hand they think that clubs with maybe 3k less home fans than them won't be able to compete with them? 🤷🏻 

Yep, it is astonishing how detached from reality they were.

One third place finish and they've convinced themselves they need a 30,000 capacity stadium and that there's now a gap with the rest that will now remain forever.

40 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Every major league set up in Europe has a league title competition and a national football association cup. Any additional cups are historically late introductions, usually from sponsors, and are therefore traditionally valued less by clubs, and fans. As we see in England with teams and players selected, and attendances.

Do you actually believe the shite you write? Hearts fans try and belittle the League Cup to detract from your failure to win it. You're not fooling anyone.

You lost a cup final to St Mirren (imagine losing a final to Jim Goodwin). You could have met us in the 2014 final if you hadn't conspired to lose a semi-final in your home city against 9 man Inverness. Knocked out by Alloa two years ago. Couldn't even get out of the group stage a few years ago after losing to Peterhead. Are you still having sleepness nights over Brora Rangers?

Hearts - bottlers since 1874.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Just like the Scottish Cup. We keep knocking. We've been in 3 of the last 4 finals, losing only to the Glasgow two in all 3. You've been in one final since your last final previous in 1999-2000. One. In the last 22 finals. We can all band stats about.

Nah it’s only hearts fans really that claim runners up spots as success 😂

Tinpot 

• Upvote 3
  • Dildo 1
1 hour ago, Dunty said:

Do you actually believe the shite you write? Hearts fans try and belittle the League Cup to detract from your failure to win it. You're not fooling 

Hearts - bottlers since 1874.

Dunty didn't Skins tell you that the years Hearts won the Scottish Cup the likes of Barcelona, Juventus, Man United and Real Madrid all entered? And the years we won the League Cup Rangers, Sevco and Celtic all didn't actually try and played their under 12's teams instead? The clear belief of Skins that the Glasgow ugly two don't try as hard in the League Cup as they do in the Scottish Cup is unfortunately for him not backed up by the stats...Rangers, Sevco and Celtic they have won 24 of the the last 40 Scottish Cup finals whereas they have won 28 of the last 40 League Cup finals 😁😁😁 

• Upvote 1

Hearts have been very lucky that the rest of the league has been dreadful (mainly us) and the 3rd european cup competition arrived for them with a bye to the groups.

Fans will turn on Neilson. He is another Mcinnes type manager with a team that can currently bully the rest of the league but do fuck all against the other two.

Let’s see what happens when they continue to not win cups and European group stages are once again out of reach…

Got to say hearts fans are getting under my skin at the moment. Very up themselves after one good season in about 10. 

Suddenly they are "the third force" after one season. They we're playing in the championship 18 months ago or so 😂

Fair play their fans have responded well to them qualifying for Europe, and the season ticket sales are impressive. That isn't the norm, though. They are going through a good spell. Like we did, albeit, I suspect for less time.

I also notice there's plenty empty seats at Hearts home games. It's almost like they buy the tickets for games they fancy. 

They love to make a big deal about support numbers but conveniently ignore their pitiful away support for the supposed "third force." 

I'd love to fucking humble that's bald orc Neilson and their deluded fans here. 

On balance though, I can't see it. A draw with where we're at right now would be acceptable. 

• Upvote 2
7 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Got to say hearts fans are getting under my skin at the moment. Very up themselves after one good season in about 10. 

Suddenly they are "the third force" after one season. They we're playing in the championship 18 months ago or so 😂

Fair play their fans have responded well to them qualifying for Europe, and the season ticket sales are impressive. That isn't the norm, though. They are going through a good spell. Like we did, albeit, I suspect for less time.

I also notice there's plenty empty seats at Hearts home games. It's almost like they buy the tickets for games they fancy. 

They love to make a big deal about support numbers but conveniently ignore their pitiful away support for the supposed "third force." 

I'd love to fucking humble that's bald orc Neilson and their deluded fans here. 

On balance though, I can't see it. A draw with where we're at right now would be acceptable. 

They only sell so many season tickets because it guarantees them tickets for the local derbies. If the didn’t have Hibs as rivals to play with & take piss out of they would be selling similar amounts of ST’s as us. 

I know plenty Jambo ST holders that cannot be arsed going to most home games & give their tickets away to mates, or even randoms in pub most weeks & only attend the ‘bigger’ games. Some only go to about a dozen games a season 

• Dildo 1

Most hearts fans I know are reasonably realistic however, for those that are not, let them have delusions of grandeur. Recent history does not bode well.  

I'am not convinced they will get 3rd, they have a good spl team but nothing I'am hugely concerned about. Our squad, player for player is stronger for me however we all know the issues that we still have.  The league is so tight that there is probably 4 or 5 teams that will be in there or thereabouts.

Anyway, 1-1. 

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We've only got ourselves to blame. Blaming the quality of the league is missing the point. 

We opened the door when we appointed Glass and to be fair to Hearts they walked right through that open door.  We made it easy for them. 

I suspect we'll still be lamenting the Glass appointment for years to come, as everything that has happened post that decision, has been playing catch up to the destruction caused. 

2 hours ago, Kent_red said:

Hearts have been very lucky that the rest of the league has been dreadful (mainly us) and the 3rd european cup competition arrived for them with a bye to the groups.

Fans will turn on Neilson. He is another Mcinnes type manager with a team that can currently bully the rest of the league but do fuck all against the other two.

Let’s see what happens when they continue to not win cups and European group stages are once again out of reach…

It's nothing to do with luck 

They have done better than everyone else

That's how a league works

6 minutes ago, Millertime said:

It's nothing to do with luck 

They have done better than everyone else

That's how a league works

They have done better than everyone else since the start of last season that's 100% true. Where they definitely have had a bit of luck is the change of landscape in european football. In the many the seasons we qualified for europe it was far harder to get to the lucrative group stages we generally had to get through 4 rounds whereas Hearts got guaranteed group stage football without playing any qualifiers. That was down to two things the first being the creation of the new European Conference League which didn't exist when we were playing in europe under McInnes and the other being the performance of the huns in europe pushing the Scottish coefficient much higher. 

1 hour ago, CarrotCake said:

Most hearts fans I know are reasonably realistic however, for those that are not, let them have delusions of grandeur. Recent history does not bode well.  

I'am not convinced they will get 3rd, they have a good spl team but nothing I'am hugely concerned about. Our squad, player for player is stronger for me however we all know the issues that we still have.  The league is so tight that there is probably 4 or 5 teams that will be in there or thereabouts.

Anyway, 1-1. 

Their defence is better,  no doubt about that. They also have a more physical side to their game and steel about them to gain more away points. 

8 minutes ago, Glass half full said:

Their defence is better,  no doubt about that. They also have a more physical side to their game and steel about them to gain more away points. 

Agree they get more points on the road than we do they fully deserve to be in third place. Shankland has also done very well for them he's much improved from his time here. They still lose every time to the Glasgow twins but they have been more consistent against the rest of the league. I don't think they are that physical I actually think they are far easier on the eye than some of their hammer thrower predecessors they play some decent stuff to be fair to them. 

26 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

They have done better than everyone else since the start of last season that's 100% true. Where they definitely have had a bit of luck is the change of landscape in european football. In the many the seasons we qualified for europe it was far harder to get to the lucrative group stages we generally had to get through 4 rounds whereas Hearts got guaranteed group stage football without playing any qualifiers. That was down to two things the first being the creation of the new European Conference League which didn't exist when we were playing in europe under McInnes and the other being the performance of the huns in europe pushing the Scottish coefficient much higher. 

Well, yeah

But the reason they got there is they finished higher than us in the league

Simple as that

4 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

Agree they get more points on the road than we do they fully deserve to be in third place. Shankland has also done very well for them he's much improved from his time here. They still lose every time to the Glasgow twins but they have been more consistent against the rest of the league. I don't think they are that physical I actually think they are far easier on the eye than some of their hammer thrower predecessors they play some decent stuff to be fair to them. 

Yeah they used to be more physical, I was more referring to them not being as soft as we have been (pre Shinnie)

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We've only got ourselves to blame. Blaming the quality of the league is missing the point. 

We opened the door when we appointed Glass and to be fair to Hearts they walked right through that open door.  We made it easy for them. 

Exactly this

27 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

The two teams who’ve conceded the least fouls so far this season are Hearts  & Aberdeen.

We’ve conceded the fewest followed by Hearts.

According to Pie & Bovril on Twitter anyway. 

30 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Well, yeah

But the reason they got there is they finished higher than us in the league

Simple as that

No issue with that the fact they finished 3rd in the league as you say that was nothing whatsoever to do with luck. However the fact they benefited from a much improved Scottish coefficient that they played no part in achieving and a new third tier european competition is down to a bit of luck. 

1 minute ago, Shinniesta said:

No issue with that the fact they finished 3rd in the league as you say that was nothing whatsoever to do with luck. However the fact they benefited from a much improved Scottish coefficient that they played no part in achieving and a new third tier european competition is down to a bit of luck. 

To be fair, what part did we play in the coefficient!?

3 hours ago, NEM said:

Rumour going these hun cunts have cut our allocation to 600? Would explain the extremely high points threshold for tickets tomorrow 

It's not a rumour, if you go to the Hearts website and go to the ticket page, you can see Aberdeen have only been given one section for the game. Hearts are selling tickets for the section next to it. 

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/heartofmidlothian/EDP/Event/Index/1753?position=4

Edit: Actually, it looks like it's sold out. Which I guess justifies cutting our allocation.

Apparently they have 2500 on the waiting list for season tickets.