Hearts 5 - 0 Aberdeen

10 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

I’m sure it was.

Was in the Hospitality Lounge so tickets for RDS padded seats. There was folk complaining at some of our group for having the audacity to go for a piss during the 1st half. I had to use a bit of diplomacy at halftime.

How can anyone who has been to more than one football match in their lifetime not realise this is part and parcel of the day? They were really livid 😂

There has always been some right pricks in amongst the corporate.

1 hour ago, CCB III said:

Sound like a bunch of utter freaks tbh. I chugged a few pints and had 2 pisses in the first half alone. 

Haven't sat in RDS since I was a kid. Where all the happy clappers sit, tbf. 

I always thought that was an Americanism. Never heard a Scottish person use that in relation to drinking. 

Chugging = wanking 

• Upvote 1
On 1/8/2023 at 2:52 PM, Wester Hailes Skins said:

the Glasgow pair. But, i applaud us looking up the way and making the right noises to challenge

You got humped 4-0 not too long ago to a bang average RIFC team. Not worthy of applauding in the slightest.

The pinnacle of your season, and each and every season provided both of you two are in the same league and neither of you have been relegated, is pumping the HIVs.

You've still got to avenge your 7-0 pumping at home to Hibs on New Year's Day 50 years ago. Once you eventually do that, then you can start thinking ahead. 

16 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

You got humped 4-0 not too long ago to a bang average RIFC team. Not worthy of applauding in the slightest.

The pinnacle of your season, and each and every season provided both of you two are in the same league and neither of you have been relegated, is pumping the HIVs.

You've still got to avenge your 7-0 pumping at home to Hibs on New Year's Day 50 years ago. Once you eventually do that, then you can start thinking ahead. 

Think I've shared enough stats about our dominance of Hibs but I'm sure since then 4 0 and 5 1 at the national stadium plus 22 consecutive games undefeated outstrips that one league game.

• Dildo 1
2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Surely their prices are a good thing though?  Can't exactly criticise them for that. 

£528 for a seat behind a goal is a bitty steep imo 

Aye, their prices are excellent, especially £19 a ticket.

But the argument was their season ticket sales v Aberdeen, but Tynecastle still being well short of capacity on match day. Those prices are a big factor in their increased season ticket sales.

Take note Aberdeen. Reduce the season tickets by £100 and maybe add 2,000 extra season ticket holders.

7 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Who?

Old firm. 

Celtic and Rangers. That's what they'll always be referred to for convenience. 

Not referring to them as such doesn't change the fact Rangers were allowed a slap on the wrist for financial cheating over a period of decades. 

You being pedantic about how they are referred to as a pair doesn't change that. It's tedious, min. A few other posters do it. 

Mon. 

• Dildo 4
30 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Think I've shared enough stats about our dominance of Hibs but I'm sure since then 4 0 and 5 1 at the national stadium plus 22 consecutive games undefeated outstrips that one league game.

You're a boring cunt. I very much doubt that anybody on here gives two fucks about your record against hibs. You need to get yourself some pals who also support hearts to sit in a room with and wank each other off over how many times you have beaten them at the meadows or wherever else. For what it's worth, both Edinburgh teams have, for the vast majority of my life, and indeed their own existences,have been nothing but absolutely shite to varying degrees. Fucking jambos man, pfff!

• Haha 2
22 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

You've still got to eclipse that tesult before your club can move on. 

Albert Kidd further emphasised that notion. You need to overcome certain events/games before you can reasonably advance with your perceived ambitions.

8 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Old firm. 

Not referring to them as such doesn't change the fact Rangers were allowed a slap on the wrist for financial cheating over a period of decades. 

You being pedantic about how they are referred to as a pair doesn't change that. It's tedious, min. A few other posters do it. 

Mon. 

You say pedantic, I say stating fact. Next you'll be saying that the rangers have 55 titles!

• Upvote 2
  • Dildo 1
3 hours ago, CCB III said:

Precisely why their chat of attendances is funny. 

HoM and HIBS have the most fair weather fans you'll get. Their attendances can drop drastically week to week. 

We've got an absolutely solid core of 12-15K who go no matter how shit. 

Granted that dissipated under McGhee etc, but certainly atm our support is very much sticking by this project or whatever.

Very good player, so unlucky not to make the 1988 FA Cup winning Wimbledon side due to a broken leg. 

5 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Been trying to tell you this. Tynie is bursting. The fact we'll possibly have Oda, Kuol, Paterson and Hill in place by then. We could have sold out to 25k+ Hearts fans alone for this game. New signings and vs our nearest challenger. Not gonna give away huge swathes of seats to Aberdeen at expense of our own fans. Hibs only get the full Roseburn to prevent them being petty and cutting our ER allocation if we limited them. However they wouldn't sell the excess home tickets. We can. We even limit the Glasgow pair now to 1,264 in the Roseburn. Taking 2,400 tickets off them.

The reality is we're in a stadium with a capacity of 19,800 or so if no tarpaulin for segregation. We have 15.5k STs and 2.5 waiting. Including walk ups we could fill the whole stadium for nearly every home game with only Hearts fans.

Tbf got to add I do always admire the Aberdeen away support at Tynie. But you'd do the same in this situation.

Hearts have a core support of about 18k Skins. It's a good support but talk of 25k+ is pie in the sky. Remember when you played 4 home league games at Murrayfield only 5 years ago when you had just reappointed Levein? You had 24k against Aberdeen (7k Dons fans) and 32k fans against Sevco (14k huns). You also had 16.5k vs Killie and 18.5k vs St Johnstone. Where were all these additional thousands and thousands of fans only a few short years ago in that 67k capacity stadium? Were they all washing their hair? That was a unique one off opportunity for Hearts to prove to everyone about this huge support they had always shouted about. The games were in the first half of the season with a new manager (a club legend) in place playing in a huge historic stadium in their own city just around the corner from Tynecastle. And all these additional fans who are apparently locked out somehow didn't show up for any of those games? 🤔 

• Upvote 1
46 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Old firm. 

Mon. 

Rangers don't exist. They were liquidated. Done. Finito.

• Upvote 2
24 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

Hearts have a core support of about 18k Skins. It's a good support but talk of 25k+ is pie in the sky. Remember when you played 4 home league games at Murrayfield only 5 years ago when you had just reappointed Levein? You had 24k against Aberdeen (7k Dons fans) and 32k fans against Sevco (14k huns). You also had 16.5k vs Killie and 18.5k vs St Johnstone. Where were all these additional thousands and thousands of fans only a few short years ago in that 67k capacity stadium? Were they all washing their hair? That was a unique one off opportunity for Hearts to prove to everyone about this huge support they had always shouted about. The games were in the first half of the season with a new manager (a club legend) in place playing in a huge historic stadium in their own city just around the corner from Tynecastle. And all these additional fans who are apparently locked out somehow didn't show up for any of those games? 🤔 

Because they were sitting around 6th in the league, and only 18 months away from another relegation.

44 minutes ago, shut up meg said:

Because they were sitting around 6th in the league, and only 18 months away from another relegation.

The game against Aberdeen was their first home game of the season (game 5). They had a brand new manager in place that day who was a club legend playing in a huge iconic stadium in their home city and these thousands upon thousands of additional fans never showed up.