Summer 2023 Transfer Window - the next overhaul

Should get Robson on a 2 year contract now so we can start seriously talking with transfer targets. With coulson scales pollock and Clarkson going back to parent clubs, and McCrorie and Barron set to be sold, looks like there could be a big rebuild. First steps should be signing shinnie and macdonald on new contracts and asking the question on Clarkson loan extension. I think it’d be worth making a bid for pollock, maybe around the £1m mark.

Probably needing a couple centre backs if we don’t get pollock back, along with both a left and right back.

Need a new central midfielder to add squad depth for ramadani and shinnie.

An attacking midfielder if Clarkson doesn’t return.

Probably an actual decent winger considering we’ve got hundreds of average/shit ones on the books - (Besuijen, Morris, Roberts, Kennedy, Hayes)

A striker, preferably someone who offers a little more than watkins who I’d imagine will be released at season end.

This is all assuming miovski and Duk don’t leave and it’s a very real possibility that either could - but cross that bridge etc. 

Looking at at least 8 new signings initially.

1 hour ago, Dave Bus said:

Should get Robson on a 2 year contract now so we can start seriously talking with transfer targets. With coulson scales pollock and Clarkson going back to parent clubs, and McCrorie and Barron set to be sold, looks like there could be a big rebuild. First steps should be signing shinnie and macdonald on new contracts and asking the question on Clarkson loan extension. I think it’d be worth making a bid for pollock, maybe around the £1m mark.

Probably needing a couple centre backs if we don’t get pollock back, along with both a left and right back.

Probably an actual decent winger considering we’ve got hundreds of average/shit ones on the books - (Besuijen, Morris, Roberts, Kennedy, Hayes)

A striker, preferably someone who offers a little more than watkins who I’d imagine will be released at season end.

This is all assuming miovski and Duk don’t leave and it’s a very real possibility that either could - but cross that bridge etc. 

Think there needs to be some perspective brought back into things. With the amount of players we have to sign there's not a hope in hell we shell out £1m on 1 player. Just not going to happen. 

Pollock wouldn't cost £1m anyway imo. If we are still going after Idez you'd imagine we are already to be without Scales/Pollock or even both. 

19 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Think there needs to be some perspective brought back into things. With the amount of players we have to sign there's not a hope in hell we shell out £1m on 1 player. Just not going to happen. 

Pollock wouldn't cost £1m anyway imo. If we are still going after Idez you'd imagine we are already to be without Scales/Pollock or even both. 

9 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

If we could sell mcrorie for the rumoured 2m it would be great if cormack just let us reinvest it on our preferred choices between scales/pollock/macdonald/Idzes.

Surely Pollock is more likely a loan than a buy?

McDonald yes, Idzes yes and presumably we'll ask about Scales

11 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Surely Pollock is more likely a loan than a buy?

McDonald yes, Idzes yes and presumably we'll ask about Scales

12 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

Couldn’t Aberdeen get all four for that and even a right wing back as well

Yeah didn't necessarily mean all permanent. Just meant a combo of fees/wages could be covered with that money.

16 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Yeah didn't necessarily mean all permanent. Just meant a combo of fees/wages could be covered with that money.

Suspect Pollock would be later in the transfer window if Aberdeen did get him back as he’d want pre season to try and impress the next Watford

20 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I think the most important signing this summer might need to be the Clarkson replacement. He's really pulling the strings. 

I think we can safely say its not going to be myslovic

Yea I can see that. But I can also see how there is a lot of replacements that will be key all over. I can see Shinnie and Ramakamakazee paired together next year. But the rest is wide open. 

13 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

We should seriously be thinking of signing Van Veen. Great hold up play and a right thorn in the arse for defenders. Now added a good amount of goals to his game.

Certainly a better option than Watkins (the floundering fish)

I'd take Van Veen but not realistic if we are holding on to Miovski and Duk.

42 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

He could be a damn good third choice striker Tord.

Would be very surprised if Van Veen would want to come here as a back up. He's 31 and probably has 1 more big move in him, doubt he'd make that move to sit on the bench especially considering that the way he's going he could still potentially finish top scorer in the league this season.

13 hours ago, Dave Bus said:

Myslovic would be the obvious Clarkson long term replacement. Granted wedont know how good he actually is though.

If we finish 3rd and sell McRorie and Barron that's a fair bit of cash coming into the club for a rebuild.  Could be substantial add ons for Ferguson as well if he's sold.

Hopefully can keep McDonald and Shinnie, possibly get Pollock and Clarkson back on loan also.  Don't agree we need a striker if we keep a hold of Duk and Miovski, far rather spend the cash elsewhere and give Bavidge the minutes.

Would love nothing better for one of our youth forwards to make it and I  don't know how good Bavidge is,  but when was the last time our youth set up produced a top class forward.

I guess it's a case of stick or twist. Personally, I  would have bavidge and Van Veen in our squad, especially if we qualify for Europe. Nothing wrong with a strong pool of players over a season. 

McCrorie was shocking for a large spell this season and has done far better under Robson. The player to replace him is a no brainer, Ryan Strain from St Mirren. Probably take 500k to get him but an Australian international RWB or RB at 26 years old. Been the best performing right back in the league outside the top two. 

Baccus would be another to try and get from St Mirren. 

Josh Ginnelly at hearts out of contract, if we get third then we should be making an offer to him. 

3 hours ago, Johnnyred1 said:

Would love nothing better for one of our youth forwards to make it and I  don't know how good Bavidge is,  but when was the last time our youth set up produced a top class forward.

I guess it's a case of stick or twist. Personally, I  would have bavidge and Van Veen in our squad, especially if we qualify for Europe. Nothing wrong with a strong pool of players over a season. 

Probably Scott Booth or Jess, whichever was the later. I can't think of another that's gone on to do anything much, unless you include Darren Mackie.