Summer 2023 Transfer Window - the next overhaul

It’s like sweetie money to them, they have made a billion quid in ten years directly from their youth squad, they won’t be caring about leftovers probs

they should be waiving any fee owed and help out the smaller clubs, lavish them with praise should be enough.

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, jamiesd said:

Hayes, model pro but unfortunately well past it.  Not sure about a one year deal unless its from the subs bench.  Handy to have as a coach as his work ethic and fitness look second to none.

Given he's working as a coach and with the trust an offer was a no brainer. Should be a sub next season though

1 hour ago, Dandyesque said:

That'd be another position to fill considering his main rival for his position is here on loan. 

Yes we need a LB or LWB dependent on what formation we are going to play. 

Unfortunately none of Mackenzie, Hancock, Towler and Ngwenya have stepped up this season. 

On 4/20/2023 at 2:43 PM, Johnnyred1 said:

Thoroughly deserved. What a great servant to the club he is. So energetic and a great example to Robson's ethos of 'first, they just need to run'. Although Johnny can do a lot more than that.

He fucked off to Celtic and scored the winner against us.

I like him but “great servant”, nah.

6 hours ago, KenDodd'sDad said:

At least he did it the correct way. Signed a new contract with us to ensure we got a large transfer fee, repaid anyone who had put his name on the back of their AFC top, rejoined and deferred his wages for a year because no crowd was paying to watch fitba. 
Not sure moving to Celtic for a few years and him personally pocketing a lot of cash and winners medals is much of a black mark against him. 

• Upvote 11
4 hours ago, sheepcrooky said:

At least he did it the correct way. Signed a new contract with us to ensure we got a large transfer fee, repaid anyone who had put his name on the back of their AFC top, rejoined and deferred his wages for a year because no crowd was paying to watch fitba. 
Not sure moving to Celtic for a few years and him personally pocketing a lot of cash and winners medals is much of a black mark against him. 

I don't hold Hayes moving to Celtic against him. It was a great opportunity for him to probably treble his salary and play for the club he grew up supporting we'd have all done exactly the same thing in those circumstances.

The difference with Hayes and someone like Ryan Jack is Hayes has a genuine love for AFC and has never been disrespectful to the club. By the time his contract ends next season he will have spent close to a decade here as a first team player and he gives 100% every time he puts on that red shirt. He's definitely been one of our best players over the last decade. Once he retires he will be on the club's coaching staff he's definitely the right sort of character you want around the place he will be a very positive influence on young players with his work ethic and sheer enthusiasm.

• Upvote 4

Nicky Devlin will be available from Livi in the summer.

A Mcinnes type signing. Club captain. Knows the league well. He must be bordering on Scotland squad. I assume Hearts will be after him too as Michael Smith is ageing.

No offence to Livi but I doubt their captain is well paid. We have done really well with European signings last year but proven league players are pretty desirable. I think this would be a good move for us.

• Upvote 1
21 hours ago, KenDodd'sDad said:

“The winner” in a 3-0 Celtic win 🤣

absolutely a great servant. Signed for free twice and been absolutely superb pretty much every single season.

only season he struggled was when he was kept out the team by a wee 18 year old who we offered a £400 contract to to keep on 

• Upvote 1
50 minutes ago, Sheep Shagger said:

A Mcinnes type signing. Club captain. Knows the league well. He must be bordering on Scotland squad. I assume Hearts will be after him too as Michael Smith is ageing.

No offence to Livi but I doubt their captain is well paid. We have done really well with European signings last year but proven league players are pretty desirable. I think this would be a good move for us.

You'd think him and Fitzwater will be on the radar for Hearts, Hibs, United and Dons?

On 4/20/2023 at 7:41 AM, Dandyesque said:

He's still very useful at this level and we'll need a couple of players that can cover more than 1 position of we get to the group stages of any European competition 

As a reserve maybe. But plenty of youth could also fill out the bench

10 hours ago, Sheep Shagger said:

Depending on whether we are still after the lad from Tranmere? 

10 hours ago, Sheep Shagger said:

“Bordering on the Scotland squad”

Nowhere near. 

• Upvote 1
On 4/21/2023 at 9:38 PM, aberdeen1970 said:

Probably accepted a similar type of offer that Considine turned diwn

Yep. Hayes made the correct decision and big Andy has made the wrong decision.

I suspect that he will have very limited game time at St Johnstone under new management next season.

Reckon it is a motorhome as opposed to a caravan he is towing these days.

As a fan in the past seeing Andy struggling is not nice to see.

Just had a look at Devlin's past career. Played plenty but apart from Livi, really all at a much lower level than we are. On the other hand, he's certainly better than Richardson and would also give us a much needed bit of nastiness that our squad has lacked for a while.

Even offering a 3 year deal, he'd still be well short of his 33rd birthday when it ran out. And he'll be on relative peanuts at Livi so he'd be fairly cheap for us, even giving him a £1k per week rise on his current wage.

I suspect if Hearts make him an offer, that's where he'll go as he wouldn't have the cost and hassle of moving house but I'd be at least asking the question. We've got a big squad turnover coming in summer and he'd be a decent acquisition whilst leaving more funds to spend on quality elsewhere.

• Upvote 1