Summer 2023 Transfer Window - the next overhaul

1 minute ago, Durrant Dived said:

He's fucking rotten. Vinny is 3 goals behind him and has been gone half the season.

True, forgetting about Vinny coming back into the team. Would have Vinny over him. He's not rotten though, averages a goal every 169 minutes, which is the same as Jota and only bettered by a few with over 25 appearances this year. 

12 hours ago, GDON21 said:

True, forgetting about Vinny coming back into the team. Would have Vinny over him. He's not rotten though, averages a goal every 169 minutes, which is the same as Jota and only bettered by a few with over 25 appearances this year. 

Goal every 208 mins on BBC. Don't let doubles against poor teams that hearts have romped to victory over (us at tynecastle, Ross County, well) fool you into thinking he's a good player. For every good game he's anonymous for the 4 after. GMS vibes.

19 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

Interested to see how Vinny gets on if he comes back next season. I reckon we'd get more out of him having him floating around beside Duk and Miovski up top rather than stuck out on the wing

Definitely, said this all along - doesn't have the pace to play out wide, but he takes up good positions and finds space in the middle and chips in with a decent number of goals. Definitely got a part to play so I hope he stays.

2 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Definitely, said this all along - doesn't have the pace to play out wide, but he takes up good positions and finds space in the middle and chips in with a decent number of goals. Definitely got a part to play so I hope he stays.

Assuming Robson gets the gig and continues with the 3-4-1-2 formation, Vinny would be a good fit for the "1" currently occupied by Duncan.

20 minutes ago, Willo flood said:

He would be perfect for that Duncan position in my opinion 

Would need to up his work rate and get himself more involved, no doubt the boy has talent and that he'd be better in a more central role but often he doesn't want to do the hard yards.

7 minutes ago, minijc said:

Would need to up his work rate and get himself more involved, no doubt the boy has talent and that he'd be better in a more central role but often he doesn't want to do the hard yards.

Robson might bring that out of him in the way he seems to have done with Clarkson (and even Duncan himself to an extent). He's got everyone working harder for the team. 

12 minutes ago, minijc said:

Lets see what foreign delights the recruitment team deliver this summer eh.

Looking forward to seeing this.

I wonder if we take the option up on the Slovak. Robson been very impressed in training but seen very little minutes which is odd. Hopefully gets to start a game or 2 before the end of season if we are home and hosed for third. 

15 minutes ago, slippers said:

Looking forward to seeing this.

I wonder if we take the option up on the Slovak. Robson been very impressed in training but seen very little minutes which is odd. Hopefully gets to start a game or 2 before the end of season if we are home and hosed for third. 

I can't see Myslovic getting any look in even given the hordes of players leaving. 

1 hour ago, minijc said:

Lets see what foreign delights the recruitment team deliver this summer eh.

scouring europe for full internationals that are relatively young and earning next to fuck all at their current club has to be a no brainer model to use going forward.

4 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

I'd still like to see van veen yeah he's 31, but he's worth punt, 

A wee £400k purchase looks a no brainer if we are selling one of Duk or Miovski but probably silly otherwise and should just be taking a free transfer as Watkins replacement and using a fee to get a player in a different position.

45 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

A wee £400k purchase looks a no brainer if we are selling one of Duk or Miovski but probably silly otherwise and should just be taking a free transfer as Watkins replacement and using a fee to get a player in a different position.

Fuck that - Bavidge should be replacing Watkins else what's the point of the youth system?

Provided we keep Duk and Miovski of course

14 minutes ago, NEM said:

Fuck that - Bavidge should be replacing Watkins else what's the point of the youth system?

We are going to need a bigger squad if we do make the group stages. Arguably we'd need 3 if not 4 strikers. We don't need to putting pressure on Bavidge by having him as 3rd choice and the fans getting on his back cause duk/miovski need rested after a European game and he isn't cutting it.

25 minutes ago, NEM said:

9 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

We are going to need a bigger squad if we do make the group stages. Arguably we'd need 3 if not 4 strikers. We don't need to putting pressure on Bavidge by having him as 3rd choice and the fans getting on his back cause duk/miovski need rested after a European game and he isn't cutting it.

Probably need 4 strikers regardless of europe really. Watkins gets on every game and thats been without any injuries.

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

If Nottm Forest go down reckon that McKenna has done well enough, when playing, to attract the interest of other top league sides.

Assume we have a decent sell on % incorporated into the original deal to Forest?

Not been featuring regularly and is now injured and out for the season.  Canna see him getting a move tbh.

Cash for Ferguson moving a more likely scenario