Alan Burrows

The recruitment strategy from Mowbray onwards certainly isn't in profit (yet) 

Of the players brought in we've sold one, Ramadani for c£1m profit if you believe reports. All the other sales were either through the youth or brought in pre Mowbray. 

We'll probably take a big hit on Morris, Richardson and Gueye and the jury is out on whether we'll make any money on any of the others we've paid a fee for outside Miovski and Duk, who haven't been sold yet.  We might make money on Rubi if he develops in the way I think he should. 

We're clearly paying a lot of these guys big wages though as our wage to turnover is up to 76% and counting so I'm not sure it's as successful yet as some think. Especially when you see how shit our team is. 

1 hour ago, ERNIE said:

No don't agree with that at all.MCinnes didn't get them all right but he signed Ferguson McLean  Rooney Shinnie Christie Lewis Logan.And he wasn't leaving in the summer anyway..he was sacked by Cormack.Sure we went through a bad spell after we lost a few players and Cormack wouldn't back Mcinnes to replace them.First half of season we were doing pretty well and playing some good stuff and indeed still finished 4th that season.I think most people realise Mcinnes was arguably our best manager since Ferguson and he seems to be proving himself again now at Kilmarnock.

Some cracking signings. 

however, there was plenty of shite and money wasted -  stevie may, the fat waster that we signed on a free from Ipswich, forester, Ojo (!), McGinn second time around, Calvin zola, that waster that used to play for the dead rangers (wylde?)…

17 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The recruitment strategy from Mowbray onwards certainly isn't in profit (yet) 

Of the players brought in we've sold one, Ramadani for c£1m profit if you believe reports. All the other sales were either through the youth or brought in pre Mowbray. 

We'll probably take a big hit on Morris, Richardson and Gueye and the jury is out on whether we'll make any money on any of the others we've paid a fee for outside Miovski and Duk, who haven't been sold yet.  We might make money on Rubi if he develops in the way I think he should. 

We're clearly paying a lot of these guys big wages though as our wage to turnover is up to 76% and counting so I'm not sure it's as successful yet as some think. Especially when you see how shit our team is. 

Exactly 

5 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Some cracking signings. 

however, there was plenty of shite and money wasted -  stevie may, the fat waster that we signed on a free from Ipswich, forester, Ojo (!), McGinn second time around, Calvin zola, that waster that used to play for the dead rangers (wylde?)…

So what?

He made good signings and bad signings?

Well, I NEVER!!!

WHY DIDNT HE JUST SIGN GOOD PLAYERS!!!

1 minute ago, Millertime said:

So what?

He made good signings and bad signings?

Well, I NEVER!!!

WHY DIDNT HE JUST SIGN GOOD PLAYERS!!!

Remember when you hated derek, MT, and wanted him out? 

also, the point was to address what was made in the post I replied to.

5 hours ago, RedRevolution said:

You've obviously got a chip on your shoulder about Cormack. Is it because he's successful? It's ridiculous to be blaming Cormack for picking the signings. It's not so long ago he was being slaughtered for allowing Goodwin "carte blanche' as Goodwin put it to sign who he wanted and play who he wanted and run everything the way he wanted. 

Strange response. Nobody cares how much money Cormack has in the bank. 

We care about his custodianship of the club. And he's made an arse of it so far. 

Plus you're looking at things the wrong way. 

The support put in far far more money into the club than Cormack has or ever will through tickets, merchandise, red tv, dna etc. None of the folks who contribute about £1m per year into dna get anything back from that investment.  Plus, he's wasting our money by constantly appointing unsuitable managers and having to pay them and their staff off as a result of his poor decision making. 

And none of the support get any equity of the club for their investment like Cormack and his partners have done.  They're not donating their money to the club.  It's either to buy shares or loans to the club which then get converted into shares at a later date. 

They are using their funds to buy power and influence in the club in the hope they can build the club up and get a return further down the line. 

Cormack would be fucked without the money the support put into the club.  And he shouldn't be allowed to forget that 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, minijc said:

Load of fucking shite, spewed out by folk who love Derek more than they do AFC.  It was agreed that we'd part ways in the summer, form was all over the place before the Jan window, actually really bad before we pulled the trigger early, why the fuck would you throw money at a failing manager who is leaving in the summer anyway?

McInnes' track record when spending money was appalling as well, he had been backed plenty throughout his time at the club, quite a lot of his signings were a complete and utter waste of money.

I like this version of Minijc. Speaking a lot of sense tonight. He can stay.

@Millertimeon the other hand is having an absolute nightmare.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
33 minutes ago, Millertime said:

I hated the cormack mcinnes, but that wasn't Derek's fault

I think some of it was his fault. He picked the players and the tactics we played. Bar 3 months, the football under McInnes post 2-1 cup final was pretty turgid. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
6 hours ago, Schapenneuker said:

Not wrong for him to leave, but he was made to go under the wrong circumstances. 

I've posted this before, but ideally he should have been given to the end of the season, then given the chance to leave with the thanks and respect of the club. Then an experienced manager should have been appointed. 

But no, that's not Cormack's way. The naivety, arrogance and hubris in the way he handled McInnes' sacking was merely an indicator of the complete fuck up he was going to continually make in his running of the club. 

The way the club and team have degenerated can be traced directly back to Cormack's influence over the club and his sacking of Mcinnes. 

Remind me, was it 9 or 10 games McInnes went without a goal? The form was in the dirt, he had given up. 

I appreciate it’s been a circus since but there’s no way at that time, you wanted that shitshow to continue to the end of the season. 

if you did, you are a deeply misguided man and I suspect you’d be pretty dangerous for women to be around 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
6 hours ago, Poodler said:

Remind me, was it 9 or 10 games McInnes went without a goal? The form was in the dirt, he had given up. 

I appreciate it’s been a circus since but there’s no way at that time, you wanted that shitshow to continue to the end of the season. 

if you did, you are a deeply misguided man and I suspect you’d be pretty dangerous for women to be around 

The urban myth about '9 or 10 games without scoring'. The worst run we had without scoring was 5 games, and we only actually only lost 2 of these.

And as pointed out, that period coincided with us losing Hedges, Wright and Cosgrove, and McInnes getting fuck all support from the Chairman to replace them. 

Sacked, while 4th in the league. Jeez. 

These were weird times. No crowds because of covid, which just encouraged the swivel-eyed nutters in our support to ramp up their lunatic posting on social media. Sadly, Cormack was easily influenced by them......and here we are. 

P.S. I'm not sure about how my opinions on this thread have anything to do with my interactions with the female species. What a very strange thing to say. 

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

The urban myth about '9 or 10 games without scoring'. The worst run we had without scoring was 5 games, and we only actually only lost 2 of these.

And as pointed out, that period coincided with us losing Hedges, Wright and Cosgrove, and McInnes getting fuck all support from the Chairman to replace them. 

These were weird times. No crowds because of covid, which just encouraged the swivel-eyed nutters in our support to ramp up their lunatic posting on social media. Sadly, Cormack was easily influenced by them......and here we are. 

P.S. I'm not sure about how my opinions on this thread have anything to do with my interactions with the female species. What a very strange thing to say. 

It was 6 games with no goals, losing 3. 

9 games in 10 without scoring, losing 5 (winning 1). 

If you're gong to counter a myth at least get it right.  

• Upvote 4
18 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

Shut the fuck up you imbecile.

Are you from Glasgow by any chance?

1 hour ago, Schapenneuker said:

Bang on 

McInnes' squad when he left was one of the worst teams I have seen playing in red. They were woeful. He looked lost and disinterested. I remember hoping we could just avoid relegation and rebuild the next season. They never dominated any game. Eye bleeding stuff. Oh, how some forget.

• Upvote 5
  • Dildo 1
11 hours ago, RabidGiraffe said:

For the love of fuck, can we please stop doing the McInnes argument? 

It's this forum's own version of Godwin's Law.  Sooner or later on any given thread someone will mention McInnes and how we wouldn't be in this mess if he hadn't been punted/sacked/left/whatever and the same points/counterpoints are trotted out again and again.  

Honestly, it's like the girlfriend who keeps going on about that time five years ago you said "Hi" to that hot girl you used to go to school with in the queue in Starbucks. 

Fucking give it a rest.  Move on. Stop being such a fucking crazy bitch obsessed with the past.  Nothing you're gonna say is going to change what happened, it's only going to make me think you're getting even more fucking mental by the day.

100% . It's fucking mental this is still being mentioned. Pointless.

1 hour ago, Schapenneuker said:

- 1 win in Mcinnes last 9 games
- 5 goals in his last 13 games (1 goal in the last 9 games!)
- Beaten 4-1 by Ross County / 2-0 at home to Livingston in this run.

But yeah , "weird times". All was still well with Mcinnes in charge.
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3
16 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Surely it should be a combination of the two.

Use the data to produce a list of alternatives.

THEN, your scouts look at the players in games over a period of time. 

Perhaps you're correct but some of the recent signings would suggest we never once watched them in the flesh. 

12 hours ago, davierobb said:

McInnes was handed a strike force of Kamberi , Hornby and Callum Henry . Scott Wright who was coming onto being half decent in combination with Hedges was punted to Rangers on last day of transfer window. Now try and get goals from that lot. That's why McInnes knew his time was up. Cormack was playing silly buggers. 

Time to move on from McInnes era for us but more importantly for a successful business man Cormack needs to stop playing silly buggers . This team is not equipped for a relegation dogfight.

He really wasn't. Scott wright seems to get better and better as time passes. Another 10 years and some will be comparing him to messi. 

he had amassed the grand total of 2 goals and 1 assist (in the league) that season. Lolz

3 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

He really wasn't. Scott wright seems to get better and better as time passes. Another 10 years and some will be comparing him to messi. 

he had amassed the grand total of 2 goals and 1 assist (in the league) that season. Lolz

And he's a stinking hun bastard.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Dynamo said:

It was 6 games with no goals, losing 3. 

9 games in 10 without scoring, losing 5 (winning 1). 

If you're gong to counter a myth at least get it right.  

Seems strange though to judge Mcinnes on his last few games with us when he and Cormack obviously didn't agree and Cormack wanted to take in his own manager and not with Mcinnes record over 8 years which in my book said he was a good or very good manager for Aberdeen if not a great one.Then after that take a look at what Mcinnes has achieved at Kilmarnock and what Cormack s chairmanship has achieved at Aberdeen since he sacked Mcinnes..

• Upvote 2
52 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

McInnes' squad when he left was one of the worst teams I have seen playing in red. They were woeful. He looked lost and disinterested. I remember hoping we could just avoid relegation and rebuild the next season. They never dominated any game. Eye bleeding stuff. Oh, how some forget.

If you were worried about relegation in the season Mcinnes left you must be absolutely terrified this one.

Things definitely had gone stale at the end that’s for sure. He was without question our best manager in the last 30 years, of which there have been many. I don’t think many were disappointed when he left as there was a naive assumption that solid foundations had been built that would only be improved upon. 
That was so very wrong and now we would love a boring 1-0 hard fought win that he excelled at. 

He’s not coming back but I don’t see any point in people denying that he is a good manager, both for us and since. 

Our demise since he left has been stark and for me the buck stops with Cormack. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

Scott Wright had 2 goals and 1 assist in the league  in the lead up to him leaving

hedges - 2 goals and 4 assists in the league before leaving 

cosgrove - 3 goals

i can see how losing them made all the difference…

we played well for about 3 months that season, before returning to the clueless long ball pish that mcinnes had decided was the future for some reason.

• Upvote 1