Alan Burrows

Guest milne_afc
2 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

With him not starting (officially anyway) till Feb 27th, does that mean no movement in new managerial appointment till after that? 

Gives Robson the Tim’s and Livi game which to make his pitch. Seems to all tie in quite well imho.

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Just coincidence that Burrows resigned a few weeks ago or has this been planned for a wee while? 

It is quite a coincidence

I'm not too concerned about the ins and outs though. He'll be an excellent CEO. Assume that any managerial appointment will now be put on hold until he's in post. 

1 minute ago, findlay_1903 said:

Motherwell bottom on the league. Abdy stop smoking crack. If we don’t beat Celtic, this won’t make a difference.

Surely you can take some positive from this? Cormack has at least realised he needs to work on the structure and has addressed the very top of the tree in terms of day to day operations by appointing a very well respected name in Scottish football

3 minutes ago, Patty said:

Budgets, expectations and personnel on the board will be completely different. Unfair to judge the CEO entirely on the performance of the team. Maybe there were obstacles put in his way that lead to team budgets being constrained etc. 

fan ownership would have been a tad difficult too I imagine 

This is a fantastic appointment from the club.  Can’t remember the last time there was a thread that had the vast majority of posters in agreement.   Many fans asked for a change in structure within the club and this is just the start.  A really positive move.   Probably hit a ceiling with Motherwell and obviously sees huge potential in us..   He did also seem to be a bit of a darling with Glasgow media.. They will be seething which makes it all the sweeter 

• Upvote 1
Just now, TheRedPrawcess said:

Aye probably not right into the nuts and bolts of that sort of thing. Certainly not in normal circumstances anyway. Ideally a CEO would have people they trust to carry out tasks like that

Just looking at Motherwell when they appointed hammell and sacked Alexander it wasn’t burrows name attached to the press statement. I don’t think he’s been brought in to improve football matters but to give the club better day to day running and improve relations with fans etc. 

Guest findlay_1903
25 minutes ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

Surely you can take some positive from this? Cormack has at least realised he needs to work on the structure and has addressed the very top of the tree in terms of day to day operations by appointing a very well respected name in Scottish football

Nope. I’m not a happy clapping fud. The club humiliated the city and north east in January. Will be years to recover the pain. 

Clap away though, 🫣

31 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

It is quite a coincidence

I'm not too concerned about the ins and outs though. He'll be an excellent CEO. Assume that any managerial appointment will now be put on hold until he's in post. 

Not sure how much say he’ll have in a managerial appointment.

If I mention Graham Alexander & Stevie Hammell, you might hope not too much.

A great appointment as CEO though. 

Guest findlay_1903

4 dildo’s already, I’m ashamed of the red army. Whooping and cheering already. 
You guys do remember the previous few weeks right?! 

Right?