Alan Burrows

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The ceo should appoint the DOF who should in turn appoint the manager. 

I see this appointment as Cormack stepping back from direct day to day involvement which is what a lot of people were asking for. 

I was about to post and ask what a ceo will be doing.
I take it he will now be rob wicks and Steven gunns boss and the kind of go between to cormack who will let him run the place day to day. 

Was that his roll at motherwell 

12 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The ceo should appoint the DOF who should in turn appoint the manager. 

I see this appointment as Cormack stepping back from direct day to day involvement which is what a lot of people were asking for. 

Wouldn't have Gunn appointing the manager

Guest milne_afc
9 minutes ago, ERNIE said:

Burrows was a huge Motherwell fan who got taken on to do the website then over the years got promoted and eventually took over from Dempster.

Sounds like a successful career progression. Must have something about him. About 0.1% of people involved with AFC ever move to a bigger club or achieve greater success.

Guest findlay_1903
1 hour ago, afc_blockhead said:

Life also isn't a depressing slog in which everything that happens is shite. 

Well .. yours seems to be unfortunately.

It’s little Saturday so humour picking up. Pints, Bells and a 8 ball to collect. 

I'm not qualified to comment on whether Burrows is a good ceo but the feedback from Motherwell supporters is almost universally positive which is a rare thing. 

From our own point of view appointing someone into a position where they have tangible previous experience in the same role is a step forward. 

Will be interesting to see what his views are on how the current football operation is currently headed up and whether we see any change in that department as that's where we really need to see significant change.

1 hour ago, dazzy_deff said:

Did he shag your wife?

No but he stood back and watched, indeed was complicent as Doncaster under sold our game to sponsors and broadcasters,  he said fuck all when sevco tried to get into the SPL , he made no attempt to make voting structure fairer and indeed he sat on the board of the shithouse that is the SPFL, and never put his cowardly head above the parapet, nae doubt though the cunt happily took the nice hotel stays, the free entry to games, and any other freebie the hoor could wangle out of it.

33 minutes ago, Dal Riata Don said:

Seems clear to me at least that Craig Brown will be the DoF.

Not my choice but stands to reason. 

The only thing preventing this would be his death.

Some new CEO from the likes of Motherwell is not going to have any say in it. 

Fuck have you seen the GWT lately, he's on my 2023 death pool squad for a reason

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I'm not qualified to comment on whether Burrows is a good ceo but the feedback from Motherwell supporters is almost universally positive which is a rare thing. 

From our own point of view appointing someone into a position where they have tangible previous experience in the same role is a step forward. 

Will be interesting to see what his views are on how the current football operation is currently headed up and whether we see any change in that department as that's where we really need to see significant change.

Do Motherwell have a dof?