Alan Burrows

Guest milne_afc
Just now, Andy_123 said:

What will Burrows do that’s different to what Wicks currently does? 

It’s an entirely different job for a start.

14 minutes ago, findlay_1903 said:

Nope. I’m not a happy clapping fud. The club humiliated the city and north east in January. Will be years to recover the pain. 

Clap away though, 🫣

I'm certainly not a happy clapping fud. I am also aware of the humiliation, believe me.

Sorting the structure (or probably more realistically Cormack realising that the structure needed addressing) was a huge hurdle. It's a positive sign for our club that this has been addressed. It's a shitter that it's taken some real low points for that to happen but in the circumstances this can be seen as positive without it being happy clapping.

For those saying Motherwell are bottom of the league and questioning this appointment, having a good structure in place and competent people running the club doesn’t guarantee success on the pitch but the lack of it makes it very unlikely. 

Surely first thing on Burrow’s to do list is to get a competent DOF in the door.

6 minutes ago, Proud Dandy said:

For those saying Motherwell are bottom of the league and questioning this appointment, having a good structure in place and competent people running the club doesn’t guarantee success on the pitch but the lack of it makes it very unlikely. 

Surely first thing on Burrow’s to do list is to get a competent DOF in the door.

It’s a fair shout though if his job involved first team affairs. If he’s going to run us properly it’s a worrying sign that the worst team I’ve seen at pittodrie this season, other than us, is his team.

20 minutes ago, findlay_1903 said:

4 dildo’s already, I’m ashamed of the red army. Whooping and cheering already. 
You guys do remember the previous few weeks right?! 

Right? 

We all want to forget the scudding we got off the Edinburgh sides and the Darvel fiasco sandwiched between them but St Mirren result aside, at least we’re starting on an upward trajectory now. It looks like Cormack has taken on board the fans concerns on the setup of the club and made a strong appointment. Hopefully Robson & Agnew will stabilise things on the pitch. We at least look motivated and organised now which is a start. Don’t think anyones under the illusion things are rosey again, still a lot to sort out but it won’t be done overnight.

9 minutes ago, thedandydon said:

We all want to forget the scudding we got off the Edinburgh sides and the Darvel fiasco sandwiched between them but St Mirren result aside, at least we’re starting on an upward trajectory now. It looks like Cormack has taken on board the fans concerns on the setup of the club and made a strong appointment. Hopefully Robson & Agnew will stabilise things on the pitch. We at least look motivated and organised now which is a start. Don’t think anyones under the illusion things are rosey again, still a lot to sort out but it won’t be done overnight.

This poster (@findlay_1903) is clinically depressed, as much as admitted it.

He sees everything in the world as black or white.. all of it black in his world.

• Dildo 1
Guest findlay_1903
3 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

This poster (@findlay_1903) is clinically depressed, as much as admitted it.

He sees everything in the world as black or white.. all of it black in his world.

Life isn’t a fairytale. Wake up and smell the coffee. 

1 hour ago, RUL said:

Just looking at Motherwell when they appointed hammell and sacked Alexander it wasn’t burrows name attached to the press statement. I don’t think he’s been brought in to improve football matters but to give the club better day to day running and improve relations with fans etc. 

Agree 100%. He is very receptive to the fans and this can only be a good thing.

Is taking a CEO from a diddy club not akin to taking a manager from a diddy club? They might do great at a club with no expectation but struggle at a big club?

Was this guy not off with stress at Motherwell? Is a role at a bigger club not more stressful?

Anyway good luck to the guy and well done to Cormack if thats him taking in someone to run the club while he steps back.

• Dildo 1
4 minutes ago, Dal Riata Don said:

No idea who the bloke is.

So we signed a manager from St Mirren who was shite.

Now we've got a CEO from another small team; Motherwell and this is supposed to be the making of us?

Genuinely don't get the enthusiasm.

After you dildo this post, can you take a bit more time to actually explain it?

Thanks in advance. 

Pretty much what I just asked above.

Seems a smart appointment. 

People reading into Motherwells predicament at the moment are maybe a bit misguided.

A club with a budget of Motherwells is going to have seasons like so, where they struggle. He's been part of a process that's had them more or less punching above their weight for years. And fair play to them.

Hoping he can make a positive difference.  

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, findlay_1903 said:

Life isn’t a fairytale. Wake up and smell the coffee. 

Some things in life are bad
They can really make you mad
Other things just make you swear and curse
When you're chewing on life's gristle
Don't grumble, give a whistle
And this'll help things turn out for the best
And
Always look on the bright side of life
Always look on the light side of life!

maybe this will help 👍