Parity for Women's Football

4 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

She tried to make out he was the one that was out of order, 'toxic masculinity' blah blah. He looked genuinely bemused.😄

Chelsea player squared up to arsenal manager... male aggression though.

Emma Hayes pushed Arsenal manager... male aggression though.

However it won't be talked about.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Roberto said:

Most, not all but most of those involved in women's football are lesbians so have testosterone coursing through their misandrist veins. So it stands to reason they'll be rather manly in behaviour. 

• Dildo 1
10 hours ago, Parklife said:

Men really are so persecuted. 

Should get Geldof to do a concert in aid of MAWM. 

Did you see the situation?

Now, flip the situation round - Arsenal manager squared up to the Chelsea player. Arsenal manager pushed Hayes.

You know the headlines and over the top criticism that would come the way of Arsenal manager.

It was a storm in a teacup granted but it makes me chuckle how if roles were reversed. I suspect given you're not thick, you know that however.

On 4/1/2024 at 8:22 AM, Roberto said:

Cunts talking about it right here, min

I happened upon a match the other day. To be fair it wasn't that bad. I'm not anti women's football. I'm just not a fan of the women's game leaching off the real game. 

It should be entirely standalone. Women only employed at every level from the physio to the club presidents. Also absolutely give them their own Sky Women's Football channel so we don't get reports on their games and results forced upon us on the normal channels. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Roberto said:

Did you see the situation?

Nah. I'm not that interested in women's fitba. I just like to mock all the folk who claim not to care about it yet can't stop talking about it and slagging it off.  

Mainly sad wee men who want to put women down for now reason, just to make themselves feel better about themselves. 

6 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Nah. I'm not that interested in women's fitba. I just like to mock all the folk who claim not to care about it yet can't stop talking about it and slagging it off.  

Mainly sad wee men who want to put women down for now reason, just to make themselves feel better about themselves. 

I’m no interested says the person on the woman’s thread 😂😂

Just now, The Gee Man said:

I’m no interested says the person on the woman’s thread 😂😂

The primary sad wee man responds in rapid time. Stick to the dildos and leave the debates to those with the cognitive abilities to contribute. 

17 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I speak shite when it comes to it tbh.

I coached a young girls team before Covid and realised then the difficulties with getting funding. Good wee players but then Covid.

So I was interested as such.

What annoys me is pushing it to hard like they do in the media before they can even walk... they are trying to run.

Noticed the Partick against Hearts wummins match was on yesterday whilst flicking through the channels. You're lucky if there were 50 spectators, and most of them were probably staff and friends. Not sure it deserves national live coverage, it's more of a hobby than a proper spectator sport. The interest just isn't there in this country, no matter how hard the media push it.

1 hour ago, The Gee Man said:

What! Park dildos me I aubergine them. It’s the same. Except park thinks they are better than everyone else and no one else should have an opinion. 

You can have an opinion if you like, just don't expect not to be told it's stupid. Too often  these days folk don't get called out for talking shit. 

I trace it back to when Gordon brown backed down and apologised for calling a bigoted old woman a "bigoted old woman". 

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Parklife said:

You can have an opinion if you like, just don't expect not to be told it's stupid. Too often  these days folk don't get called out for talking shit. 

I trace it back to when Gordon brown backed down and apologised for calling a bigoted old woman a "bigoted old woman". 

Dildo’ing someone when you are not involved in the conversation is not “telling them they are stupid “. It’s hiding in the background. 

• Dildo 1
40 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Dildo’ing someone when you are not involved in the conversation is not “telling them they are stupid “. It’s hiding in the background. 

I've got more posts in this thread than you, dingus. 

• Confused 1
On 4/2/2024 at 3:56 PM, Roberto said:

I coached a young girls team before Covid and realised then the difficulties with getting funding. Good wee players but then Covid.

So I was interested as such.

What annoys me is pushing it to hard like they do in the media before they can even walk... they are trying to run.

As you know, I coach in girls/womens football and can say that this is true.

The national governing body in grassroots girls football makes the ADJFA look like MENSA. I could tell lots of tales about how dim-witted they are but I'd be here all day.  I've come to a certain conclusion recently about why that is as well and while I won't put it down in black and white, it wouldn't look out of place in this thread...

It comes from a good place though; the problem is that they need to be patient.  The womens football we see now is based on a limited participation pool.  The numbers in girls football has been growing by about 30% each of the last 5 years.  What I see is better adults beginning to get involved in coaching and in turn making the players better.  It's a cyclical process and my opinion is that when the girls of say between 2010-2013 dob start to get into the adult game in 4-8 yrs time the womens game in this country will improve massively.

Goalkeepers are a problem because there's just so few that actually want to be goalies, so again  a limited participation pool.

The national team is regressing because we had a very good crop of players 4-5yrs ago and haven't supplemented the squad with better players; all the while the national team manager is trying to coach them like a club, which just isn't working.  He hasn't been sacked because the decision makers in girls & womens football are too soft (see my second paragraph).

So while it isn't the great spectacle we would all like it to be (I think the English Women's Super League is a good standard; I spent an evening flicking between Man Utd v Arsenal and Dundee v Morton and the women's game was far better to watch), I think when it professionalises itself (bear in mind there are only three full time clubs in Scotland) it'll be a more level playing field and a better overall standard.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
On 4/3/2024 at 6:19 PM, The Hulk said:

Goalkeepers are a problem because there's just so few that actually want to be goalies, so again  a limited participation pool.

There's some interesting points in your post here Hulk but this one stood out.  Is there a reason they don't want to be goalies?

The poor quality of goalkeeping is something that really stands out whenever I've tried watching women's football, even the world cup.  Whereas in men's football the goalies are often the two tallest people on the pitch, with the women a lot of the goalkeepers seem short, even in relation to their team mates.  Any shot just inside the post, under the crossbar or aimed at the top corner is a guaranteed goal because they'll never reach it.

1 hour ago, RabidGiraffe said:

There's some interesting points in your post here Hulk but this one stood out.  Is there a reason they don't want to be goalies?

Quite a few. Participation pool for one; you might not have a willing goalie.

Secondly, a sweeping generalisation but based on learned experience; young girls don’t like the idea of getting footballs battered at them and this in my view is just down to girls being of a different mindset to boys.

Thirdly, in boys football, and again based on experience, you can usually sacrifice a good outfield player if he is the best goalie, because you’ll more likely still have a pool of players to pick from; the boy that runs and runs will also likely want to dive about like a daftie.  A lot of the time (not always) it might be a struggling outfielder that gets stuck in goals in a girls team; that same way that dinosaur coaches stick the worst footballers at the back. She might not stick at it.

So mostly it’s about character. We all know a big daft goalie. Well boys are more daft for it than girls. I once had a goalie so daft she turned up to a game with two-inch fake nails and still played. A tailor-made goalie right there. Show me a daftie and I’ll make her a goalie.