Parity for Women's Football

3 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Loved "Chewin' The Fat".

Ps are you 100% sure that the Banff Academy episode is not true.

My daughter is a teacher and obviously knows teachers who work elsewhere if you catch my drift.

https://www.grampianonline.co.uk/news/online-claims-of-banff-academy-students-identifying-as-cats-301328/

https://news.stv.tv/north/claims-banff-academy-pupils-are-identifying-as-cats-branded-false-rumours-by-aberdeenshire-council

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/5344960/readers-ombudsman-cat-pupils-hoax/

Pick your fave. 

You can blame Government, as is your right, but society is changing regardless what the predominantly useless politicians say or do, and it's not for the better in general. 

Yeah, the ways in which it's not changing for the better is due to our governments ideological austerity policies. Hence why todays kids are expected to be poorer than their parents, something unheard of in modern history. 

Hee haw to do with woman's fitba or trans people. Not sure why you think these things impact your life in any way at all. 

Mon the right to moan about it😉.

You can moan about whatever you like. However I can also say I think you're talking nonsense. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Parklife said:

https://www.grampianonline.co.uk/news/online-claims-of-banff-academy-students-identifying-as-cats-301328/

https://news.stv.tv/north/claims-banff-academy-pupils-are-identifying-as-cats-branded-false-rumours-by-aberdeenshire-council

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/5344960/readers-ombudsman-cat-pupils-hoax/

Pick your fave. 

Yeah, the ways in which it's not changing for the better is due to our governments ideological austerity policies. Hence why todays kids are expected to be poorer than their parents, something unheard of in modern history. 

Hee haw to do with woman's fitba or trans people. Not sure why you think these things impact your life in any way at all. 

You can moan about whatever you like. However I can also say I think you're talking nonsense. 

Fair doos min, everyday's a school day. If you pardon the pun.

Whole heartedly agree with you regarding the damage that Tory austerity has/is causing. Poverty, and the affects of poverty, should be reduced not increased.

Still not a fan of the quality of woman's football, albeit if it makes them happy who am I to moan too much.

Regarding trans? Perhaps a larger subject worthy of a separate thread one day.

I really don't get it but perhaps a strong, considered debate may influence my opinion, or not.

12 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Fair doos min, everyday's a school day. If you pardon the pun.

Whole heartedly agree with you regarding the damage that Tory austerity has/is causing. Poverty, and the affects of poverty, should be reduced not increased.

Still not a fan of the quality of woman's football, albeit if it makes them happy who am I to moan too much.

I'm not a big fan of it either. In the same way I'm not a big fan of a lot of sports. 

I just find the desperation many folk have to slag it off for no reason bizarre/sad. 

12 minutes ago, Parklife said:

No one is asking you to do that, bra. It's easy to just ignore stuff you don't like, rather than go out of your way to put it down. 

Shut it you uppity little pygmy.

Women's football is negatively impacting on the real game. Take the Dons for example. Every penny spent on that shite is a penny less spent on the real team. So yes we are quite right to speak out against it.

It's getting forced upon us just like gay blacks on telly and women with cocks.

Enough. Just one more utterance of shite comes out of your flappy lips and you're on the list. 

• Haha 2
Just now, Roger Ramjet 62 said:

Shut it you uppity little pygmy.

Women's football is negatively impacting on the real game. Take the Dons for example. Every penny spent on that shite is a penny less spent on the real team. So yes we are quite right to speak out against it.

It's getting forced upon us just like gay blacks on telly and women with cocks.

Enough. Just one more utterance of shite comes out of your flappy lips and you're on the list. 

Shhhh. The adults are talking. 

3 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

Do you always just ignore stuff you don't like Parky?  Never form a critical opinion or make a negative comment?

When the options are either ignoring or going out of my way to ignorantly put down women and girls for absolutely no reason, I'd always choose the former. 

Guys who feel the need to compare women's football to men's in order to put it down just come across as pathetic. Their behaviour is akin to calling women 100m runners shit and slow because they'd get beaten by Usain Bolt. It's nonsensical. 

No one is making you watch the women's game if you're not interested. Leave the birds to it and focus your energy on something you do like, rather than slagging off lassies. 

10 hours ago, Parklife said:

When the options are either ignoring or going out of my way to ignorantly put down women and girls for absolutely no reason, I'd always choose the former. 

Guys who feel the need to compare women's football to men's in order to put it down just come across as pathetic. Their behaviour is akin to calling women 100m runners shit and slow because they'd get beaten by Usain Bolt. It's nonsensical. 

No one is making you watch the women's game if you're not interested. Leave the birds to it and focus your energy on something you do like, rather than slagging off lassies. 

I meant in general.

The original title for this thread was "Parity for Women's Football."

The quality of the Women's game is not nearly high enough to merit parity.

Surely parity should be phased to improvement as the Women's game evolves.

However the sums being discussed for Ronaldo playing, and Messi potentially playing, in Saudi are completely obscene and determine that, even if parity was the ultimate goal, it will never happen.

There isn't even parity in the various countries and leagues on the Men's game. 

• 2 weeks later...

Double whammy today for the arse cheeks, with any one of Glasgow Women, Rangers or Celtic in a position to win the title in the last game of the season.

Celtic crusing 2-0 in pole position while GW and Rangers played out a nil nil that suited neither of them.

However, GW pop up with a last minute injury time winner to sink Rangers, deny Celtic the title and lift the trophy themselves.

Don't care who it is or whos playing it, but seeing both of the arse cheeks (both playing in front of decent crowds at home) being left with a skelpt face is brilliant in my book 😆

It was Glasgow City that won the league.

Glasgow Women are a totally different side that finished rock bottom and relegated with a record of P32, L32 GD -141 Pts 0. Hamilton Accies wifies relegated alongside them on 27 points

Aberdeen wifies finished 9th on 30 points with a goal difference of only -38. Pipped DABS split-arses by a point to finish there.

• Dildo 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2023 at 6:09 PM, Roger Ramjet 62 said:

Caught few minutes of the Dons v Motherwell game on Sportscene last night or was it the night before don't remember. 

I do however remember being shocked by just how shite the football was. It was schoolboy level. Far worse than I'd imagined in my worst nightmares. Aberdeen have got this lassie, think she's called Patterson. Fucking hell she is some size. How she can run around for 90 minutes without bursting I've no idea. It's miraculous. 

Donna Patterson? I know her better behave yourself chief and nae lifted some night!

On 5/6/2023 at 7:27 AM, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

The original title for this thread was "Parity for Women's Football."

The quality of the Women's game is not nearly high enough to merit parity.

Surely parity should be phased to improvement as the Women's game evolves.

However the sums being discussed for Ronaldo playing, and Messi potentially playing, in Saudi are completely obscene and determine that, even if parity was the ultimate goal, it will never happen.

There isn't even parity in the various countries and leagues on the Men's game. 

The equation is fairly simple, they should and will get paid in accordance with the commercial value of the product. Same reason Mbappe is rolling in it while playing for Albion Rovers means you need a second job.

• 1 month later...

Australia women calling out FIFA for only offeering a quarter of the prize money that the mens team got at the last World Cup.

The last womens World Cup in 2019 generated $750 million in revenue, the last mens world cup in 2022 generated $7.5 billion in revenue. 

They're extremely fortunate to be getting a quarter of the prize money of the men.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12922375/womens-world-cup-australia-women-call-out-fifa-over-prize-money-with-figures-a-quarter-that-of-men