Parity for Women's Football

I think the winners and runners up of the WPL should be allowed to enter the men's FA cup at R1, similar like they do in darts for the world's. 

I think this will quickly determine whether the parity between men's and woman's football is justifiable. I suspect I know the outcome as the winners of the WPL will get absolutely horsed by a non league entity from the home counties. 

• Dildo 1

4 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

I think the winners and runners up of the WPL should be allowed to enter the men's FA cup at R1, similar like they do in darts for the world's. 

I think this will quickly determine whether the parity between men's and woman's football is justifiable. I suspect I know the outcome as the winners of the WPL will get absolutely horsed by a non league entity from the home counties. 

Yeah. And let's get female athletics gold medalists to run against the men so they lose. 

Then we can all point and laugh at them and enjoy putting the women down. 

6 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Yeah. And let's get female athletics gold medalists to run against the men so they lose. 

Then we can all point and laugh at them and enjoy putting the women down. 

The point I am making is why should there be parity for a product that is quite clearly of far poorer quality. 

Just now, Geoff_Tipps said:

The point I am making is why should there be parity for a product that is quite clearly of far poorer quality. 

Same goes for women 100m runners? Why should they get the same praise/kudos/medals/prizes when they're fucking slower? 

Get them against the men and we can all go "Hahaha. Women are shit, right?" 

44 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Same goes for women 100m runners? Why should they get the same praise/kudos/medals/prizes when they're fucking slower? 

Get them against the men and we can all go "Hahaha. Women are shit, right?" 

I am not saying woman are shit I am just making the point that there is some sports parity is possible (Darts, snooker etc.), but football (& athletics) its difficult to make a case for it as the it's impossible for woman to compete at the same level as men. 

The higher quality the higher the price, it's not fucking hard to understand. 

1 minute ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

I am not saying woman are shit I am just making the point that there is some sports parity is possible (Darts, snooker etc.), but football (& athletics) its difficult to make a case for it as the it's impossible for woman to compete at the same level as men. 

Why is competing "at the same level as men" relevant? 

1 minute ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

The higher quality the higher the price, it's not fucking hard to understand. 

I understand. It's just a fucking stupid comment. Are athletic Olympic gold medals lesser for women than for men? 

Hopefully you've not got any daughters because, given your antipathy towards women, they'll undoubtedly hate you. 

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I understand. It's just a fucking stupid comment. Are athletic Olympic gold medals lesser for women than for men? 

Hopefully you've not got any daughters because, given your antipathy towards women, they'll undoubtedly hate you. 

I don't have any issue with woman competing at the highest possible level, I think it's a great thing. Especially when you see woman playing against men in the world darts championship, even better when they beat them as well.

Do you think Lauren Gordon should be paid the same as Bojan Miovski?

17 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

I don't have any issue with woman competing at the highest possible level, I think it's a great thing. Especially when you see woman playing against men in the world darts championship, even better when they beat them as well.

Do you think Lauren Gordon should be paid the same as Bojan Miovski?

I don't know who that is, so cannot comment. 

Do you think parsnips are the kings of root veg? 

5 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

Wants parity but doesn't even know who the number 9 is at Aberdeen Woman FC. Ignorant bastard. 

I don't really follow woman's football, bud. 

The difference between me and you though is that I don't see the need to jump in and slag them off at every opportunity. 

You're not interested? That's fine. Leave them to it then. No need to jump in and slag them off. 

The issue is that the whole premise of your argument is dumb. How good they are in relation to the men isn't relevant. It's a different game. 

You never answered re the parsnips. Very rude. 

12 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I don't really follow woman's football, bud. 

The difference between me and you though is that I don't see the need to jump in and slag them off at every opportunity. 

You're not interested? That's fine. Leave them to it then. No need to jump in and slag them off. 

The issue is that the whole premise of your argument is dumb. How good they are in relation to the men isn't relevant. It's a different game. 

You never answered re the parsnips. Very rude. 

How is womens and mens football a different game? I always thought the rules were exactly the same. The only difference is the quality. If you're saying it's a different game, is it right to assume you believe it's not possible to bring parity?

IMO I'd probably say the carrot is the king of root veg, never been a fan of parsnips. 

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

why would he hate women ….. 

On 1/8/2024 at 2:17 PM, Poodler said:

I see Sam Kerr has done her ACL and there’s record numbers of women in football getting this injury. 

one commentator says it’s because women are afraid to bulk up muscle because of their perceived image whilst another says it’s because football boots aren’t made for women and they’re causing the injuries. 

If that’s the case, why do you have to play football then? Go back to dancing and stuff.

I wonder she took the vaccine?

• 1 month later...
On 1/11/2024 at 8:15 PM, maryhilldon said:

The thing is, wummin aren't just slower and weaker, they're just dreadful at the basics. A real lack of 'eye/foot' co-ordination.

It's like Tennis...McEnroe said Serena Williams for all her Power wouldn't beat the guy ranked 700 in the world.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Roberto said:

See that little fat dwarf took the huff at the final whistle after losing to Arsenal in the final.

Pleasing to see.

She tried to make out he was the one that was out of order, 'toxic masculinity' blah blah. He looked genuinely bemused.😄