3 hours ago, Simply Red said:

Is winning domestic things as an OF player that much of an achievement? 
Its a given you’ll win something playing for them but will it make him a better player? No

Have Ferg/Mclean/Mcginn improved as players and enhanced their value and standing in the game, yes. Has the rat or Wright. Have they fuck.

Barron could be a squad player at the huns, decent money, few sub appearances, get the odd medal despite playing very little against mainly shite opposition and never get any better as a player and just eventually end up at hearts or dundee or some shit.

Or he could be part of a Championship squad in a better league and compete for a place against better players and play against better players, ultimately making him better. And be on better loot than with the OF. 

I think joining the OF is a lazy/easy option for young Scottish players with ability. Thats why the likes of Ferg/Mclean/Mcginn chose not to join them. Im sure they might at one point but theyve definitely made the best decision so far.

Thats a pretty simplistic one sided view. As much as I don’t like either side of the arse cheeks but players have gone there and improved. Scott brown became a better player, Callum McGregor probably isn’t that bothered he’s never left them. 

2 hours ago, Ramandu said:

Folk assuming he's going to the orcs, but hopefully he has more sense than that. Posters on here were going crazy because they were sure that McLean was off there, when he was actually on his way to become mayor of Norwich.

Yes the same was always said about McLean and Ferguson by a good few posters on here until they both moved to other teams. 

19 minutes ago, thurso said:

Thats a pretty simplistic one sided view. As much as I don’t like either side of the arse cheeks but players have gone there and improved. Scott brown became a better player, Callum McGregor probably isn’t that bothered he’s never left them. 

If hes got belief in his own ability, ambition and a pair of balls he goes anywhere but glasgow imo. 

He’s still at a good age to head south and get a good crack at it.

4 hours ago, Simply Red said:

Is winning domestic things as an OF player that much of an achievement? 
Its a given you’ll win something playing for them but will it make him a better player? No

Have Ferg/Mclean/Mcginn improved as players and enhanced their value and standing in the game, yes. Has the rat or Wright. Have they fuck.

Barron could be a squad player at the huns, decent money, few sub appearances, get the odd medal despite playing very little against mainly shite opposition and never get any better as a player and just eventually end up at hearts or dundee or some shit.

Or he could be part of a Championship squad in a better league and compete for a place against better players and play against better players, ultimately making him better. And be on better loot than with the OF. 

I think joining the OF is a lazy/easy option for young Scottish players with ability. Thats why the likes of Ferg/Mclean/Mcginn chose not to join them. Im sure they might at one point but theyve definitely made the best decision so far.

I agree mostly with this. I think the Rat has improved as a player a bit and has definitely got more Scotland caps as he is playing for them although, he does just get put on as a token sub. I can't see him playing in the English championship or if he does he'll be bang average. 

Only bonus of staying with OF is playing in Europe 

1 hour ago, Simply Red said:

If hes got belief in his own ability, ambition and a pair of balls he goes anywhere but glasgow imo. 

He’s still at a good age to head south and get a good crack at it.

The "Firm" was never an actual registered company. The liquidation of Rangers makes no discernable difference to it.

6 hours ago, The Gee Man said:

Tbh if football is about winning things it’s not necessarily the worst option. If you sign for then it’s likely you get a title or cup win. Of the 3 named above have they won anything since their moves? Not sure but don’t think so. However I definitely don’t want another Rat situation and hope he’s sold in January either way

Barron has the look of a Hun Mink, tbh. 

• Dildo 1
1 hour ago, englishred said:

I agree mostly with this. I think the Rat has improved as a player a bit and has definitely got more Scotland caps as he is playing for them although, he does just get put on as a token sub. I can't see him playing in the English championship or if he does he'll be bang average. 

Only bonus of staying with OF is playing in Europe 

I wonder if its anything to do with the make up of the rest of the squad :sherlock:

Don't see Barron being of interest to the very top level clubs in the Championship that are expectant/realistically hopeful of getting promoted into the EPL.

Might be of interest to middle ranking Championship clubs. Sadly, however, if one or both of the arse cheeks show an interest, he's going to go there you'd imagine. He'll get a contract at least as good, probably slightly better than at the likes of Coventry or Bristol City. What would swing it is he'd be picking up medals and guaranteed European football along the way at either of the Weegie clubs. Do well there and better clubs down south might become interested at the end of his contract, alongside possible full international recognition. If it doesn't go well, he'd at least have made himself financially secure for life and still should be able to get a contract at the likes of St Johnstone or Dundee as he hits his mid 20s.

8 hours ago, ullevi said:

Didnt McInnes take the captaincy off Jack for the 2017 final as he had lied to him about signing for them? sums up the prick for wanting to go up and lift the cup then sign for them, he really has nothing going on between those ears at all.

If Barron has any real ambition he would be trying to get a move abroad or down to England, various players have gone down there and flourished from Scotland and made a real career of it rather than being dazzled by the lights of the old firm only to sit on a bench.

Aye and the sleekit cunt Hun DMC said he didn't know there was going to be a pre contract with the Huns,

Lying bastard 

8 hours ago, Simply Red said:

There is no alternative to OF for convenience sake when referencing them on here. I will continue to do so in absence of an alternative. 

Thanks

Totally agree with you. Who cares how people refer to them. Too many on here get all hung up on names etc. It really is not important.

The game last night shows why we should be doing everything we can to keep Barron. Class act who has the ability and self-belief to play at a higher level - not afraid to go toe to toe with the bigger teams. We've seen it in how he's stood out in the Scotland U21 team for the past 2 or 3 years. Always willing to take the ball under pressure and looking to play through the lines and keep things moving quickly. We should be looking to build a team around him and Polvara with Clarkson in the no10 role and guys like Duk, McGrath and Miovski - all proper footballers.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 4
13 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

The game last night shows why we should be doing everything we can to keep Barron. Class act who has the ability and self-belief to play at a higher level - not afraid to go toe to toe with the bigger teams. We've seen it in how he's stood out in the Scotland U21 team for the past 2 or 3 years. Always willing to take the ball under pressure and looking to play through the lines and keep things moving quickly. We should be looking to build a team around him and Polvara with Clarkson in the no10 role and guys like Duk, McGrath and Miovski - all proper footballers.

Sorry chief i just didn't see it that way last night.

On 12/15/2023 at 3:04 AM, Don_Corleone said:

I believe we are doing everything we can to to keep him. I don’t recall ever….and I mean ever…..a young player that went into the last six months of a contract with us, having numerous suitors and then signed the contract we offered. He’s away. He wants away. It’s almost certainly a given. He’ll be added to the rat and the snake if he rocks up at Ibrox to collect his horns and hooves. 

• Upvote 1