I should add that I like Barron and that he’s clearly talented. For whatever reason, we’ve seen that in spits and spats. I’ve no doubt he could be a key player for us. But as far as I can see, he’s following the football agent playbook: 

1. “I’m just concentrating on my football”

2. “My situation will take care of itself”

trotting out the tropes and cliches to keep the fans off his back while he selects his next destination. If that is the case then we should be concentrating on playing guys that want to be here and will develop with game time. Not rewarding want away juniors who’ve played a handful of good games. The time is rapidly approaching that we’ll find out where he’s heading. 

5 hours ago, TerryMcDermott said:

I believe we are doing everything we can to to keep him. I don’t recall ever….and I mean ever…..a young player that went into the last six months of a contract with us, having numerous suitors and then signed the contract we offered. He’s away. He wants away. It’s almost certainly a given. He’ll be added to the rat and the snake if he rocks up at Ibrox to collect his horns and hooves. 

Yeah, I am pretty much resigned to the fact that he'll be gone. I really can't see him going to Ibrox though - I'd be mega shocked if that happens. I could see him going abroad though, Holland, Italy, Germany, France, Belgium or something. Time will tell - hopefully he bags a cup winners medal first!

1 hour ago, Don_Corleone said:

Yeah, I am pretty much resigned to the fact that he'll be gone. I really can't see him going to Ibrox though - I'd be mega shocked if that happens. I could see him going abroad though, Holland, Italy, Germany, France, Belgium or something. Time will tell - hopefully he bags a cup winners medal first!

Just the one dear?

2 minutes ago, RUL said:

I can’t understand why they’d think he’d sign by never playing him 😂

Laughable to suggest he’s signing. As soon as he starts speaking to other clubs and they offer him more for playing in second/third tier of England we are fucked. He’s rightly going to wait and speak to other clubs now. We all know he’s already speaking to other clubs so he probably knows the scoop already. We have seen this a number of times now the player never ends up signing. 

43 minutes ago, slippers said:

Laughable to suggest he’s signing. As soon as he starts speaking to other clubs and they offer him more for playing in second/third tier of England we are fucked. He’s rightly going to wait and speak to other clubs now. We all know he’s already speaking to other clubs so he probably knows the scoop already. We have seen this a number of times now the player never ends up signing. 

Aye he's long gone. Was never even a close thing I don't think.

14 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

Funny if he ends up playing under Steve Cooper. Be like looking into a mirror in 30yrs time for him.

I take it Tagart was on the sesh & had a wee one nighter in Aberdeen 20 odd years ago?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=mark+mcmanus+taggart&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari#vhid=4JPrUimt-KfbyM&vssid=l

ok he died in 94 but maybe Barrons actually older than we think 🤔 

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I take it Tagart was on the sesh & had a wee one nighter in Aberdeen 20 odd years ago?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=mark+mcmanus+taggart&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari#vhid=4JPrUimt-KfbyM&vssid=l

ok he died in 94 but maybe Barrons actually older than we think 🤔 

Similarities. Its possible.

Bet Barron wishes he could smash the back doors clean aff Blythe Duff like Taggart did. 

• Haha 1

Where’s he off to then? Surely rule oot the Tims and huns, but if that’s the level their after, I’d be happy enough with that.

Hearts or Hibs? I think there’s been fewer than 5 players made the switch from Dons to Hearts and vice versa. He’d be a good fit at Hibs, especially with their new wealth. He wouldn’t be frozen out for moving abroad?

Just now, milne_afc said:

Where’s he off to then? Surely rule oot the Tims and huns, but if that’s the level their after, I’d be happy enough with that.

Hearts or Hibs? I think there’s been fewer than 10 players made the switch from Dons to Hearts. He’d be a good fit at Hibs, especially with their new wealth. He wouldn’t be frozen out for moving abroad?

I don’t think he’s decided where he’s going, other than not here.

4 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Hearts or Hibs? I think there’s been fewer than 5 players made the switch from Dons to Hearts and vice versa. He’d be a good fit at Hibs, especially with their new wealth. He wouldn’t be frozen out for moving abroad?

He’s going to Celtic.