15 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Banned from driving for a year, caught doing 125mph, overtook the Old Bill 😂😂

I wonder what was said by his defence brief in mitigation of the indictment....🤔

"My client had uncharacteristically slept in on the morning of the alleged offence, as normally he is the first employee to turn up for training with his employers, Aberdeen Football Club at Cormack Park. AFC have a policy in place whereby if you turn up late for training or matchdays without good cause or reason, an employee's wage is quartered and they forsake any bonuses that they may be entitled to, which are incorporated into their contract of employment, for the club's next match. Naturally, he did not wish for these eventualities to happen, hence his actions but imbalanced judgement.

Mr. Hayes commendably turned up for training on time on the day in question although, on reflection, he knows he drove in an unnecessarily reckless manner, putting himself and others at risk and in danger, due to driving at speeds well in excess of designated permitted speed limits on his route. He wishes to express his profound remorse to the Court and to his credit, since the misdemeanour occurred, he has purchased and acquired a Westclox alarm clock with state-of-the-art wind-up mechanism, in order for this situation to not recur again in the future.

Furthermore, Mr. Hayes does a lot of selfless work in our community, including annually dressing up as one of Santa's elves at Royal Aberdeen Children's Hospital during the festive season. This naturally reflects he is an upstanding individual of outstanding character.

I would appreciate it, M'Lud, if you could take these mitigating factors into consideration when assessing all of the evidence provided and aired, and passing judgement."

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

I wonder what was said by his defence brief in mitigation of the indictment....🤔

"My client had uncharacteristically slept in on the morning of the alleged offence, as normally he is the first employee to turn up for training with his employers, Aberdeen Football Club at Cormack Park. AFC have a policy in place whereby if you turn up late for training or matchdays without good cause or reason, an employee's wage is quartered and they forsake any bonuses that they may be entitled to, which are incorporated into their contract of employment, for the club's next match. Naturally, he did not wish for these eventualities to happen, hence his actions but imbalanced judgement.

Mr. Hayes commendably turned up for training on time on the day in question although, on reflection, he knows he drove in an unnecessarily reckless manner, putting himself and others at risk and in danger, due to driving at speeds well in excess of designated permitted speed limits on his route. He wishes to express his profound remorse to the Court and to his credit, since the misdemeanour occurred, he has purchased and acquired a Westclox alarm clock with state-of-the-art wind-up mechanism, in order for this situation to not recur again in the future.

Furthermore, Mr. Hayes does a lot of selfless work in our community, including annually dressing up as one of Santa's elves at Royal Aberdeen Children's Hospital during the festive season. This naturally reflects he is an upstanding individual of outstanding character.

I would appreciate it, M'Lud, if you could take these mitigating factors into consideration when assessing all of the evidence provided and aired, and passing judgement."

He should have taken Robson as a witness to explain how tired he was.

17 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

He should have taken Robson as a witness to explain how tired he was.

😄😄. I can hear Barry Robson say it now...."Mr. Hayes was extremely fatigued on the morning, in question, due to the number of games we have played in December and January. Perhaps, that explains why his brain wasn't corresponding clearly with his right foot, which he uses on his car's accelerator pedal, hence he never knew what speed he was actually travelling at, at the time of apprehension".

1 hour ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

😄😄. I can hear Barry Robson say it now...."Mr. Hayes was extremely fatigued on the morning, in question, due to the number of games we have played in December and January. Perhaps, that explains why his brain wasn't corresponding clearly with his right foot, which he uses on his car's accelerator pedal, hence he never knew what speed he was actually travelling at, at the time of apprehension".

Is his car allowed on the pitch on thursday night.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   against the Greeks. That’s the only thing that will wipe them out.  

• Dildo 2
19 minutes ago, shooftahmooftah said:

Is his car allowed on the pitch on thursday night.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   against the Greeks. That’s the only thing that will wipe them out.  

If he asks the stewards who have been assigned to the gate between the King Street End and Main Stand nicely, I'm sure that could be arranged.

One minor detail though, he's banned fae driving for a year.

On 10/24/2023 at 7:07 PM, RAZOR said:

Aberdeen FC star Jonny Hayes has been banned from driving after racing past police at more than 125mph on his way to training.

The former Celtic footballer left police in an unmarked BMW “for dead” and he overtook them on the AWPR and accelerated away at eye-watering speeds – despite a yellow weather warning being in place at the time.

Famed for his lightning pace at the height of his career, the 36-year-old sprinted down Union Street at the conclusion of the case after being allowed to leave court via a side door by social workers.

What a last paragraph that is 🤣

He was running to catch his bus back to Inverurie.

7 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

And "he did at least attempt to hit the brakes some 26 times"