3 hours ago, Dom Sullivan said:

It’s funny how when you were a kid, teachers names were always punctuated by eg the Wifie (Spence), the Mannie Gribble  

What era were you there MH?

Only if they didn't have a nickname that they were known by to an entire generation. 

Caveman Kennedy and Evil-eye MacKay stand out in my memory. 

9 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

"Hey, Jonny... how would you loik to come sit on da Parkeid bench for da next tree yors?"

"Dat souns torrafic!"

spacer.png

Absolutely spot on. 😄

The above picture must've been taken from the 2016 LC final. I may be wrong though.

The other occasion was Brendan Rodgers putting his arm around Jonny Hayes walking off Hampden Park after we were beat by Tom Rogic's winner in the 2017 SC final.

3 hours ago, KenDodd'sDad said:

Everybody knows there are no pubs in Inverurie.

RIP Spangles 😞

58 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Absolutely spot on. 😄

The above picture must've been taken from the 2016 LC final. I may be wrong though.

The other occasion was Brendan Rodgers putting his arm around Jonny Hayes walking off Hampden Park after we were beat by Tom Rogic's winner in the 2017 SC final.

You are wrong, that picture is from the Scottish Cup final.

6 hours ago, a don in oz said:

Hayes or the club need to post a picture of his leg after that tackle online. Since the entirety of Scottish football and the media are ignoring it put the fucking thing right in their face. I'm still hacked off that it's just been glossed over.

6 hours ago, a don in oz said:

Hayes or the club need to post a picture of his leg after that tackle online. Since the entirety of Scottish football and the media are ignoring it put the fucking thing right in their face. I'm still hacked off that it's just been glossed over.

Pretty sure Shinnie would have been sent off for that..and banned till Christmas...

7 hours ago, a don in oz said:

I'm not entirely sure what the ref gave him a yellow for. He seemed to give it about 5 minutes after the tackle while talking to the player and Hayes was getting treatment, which would suggest it was dissent or something rather than the tackle.

Given that ridiculous decision by the ref and even worse by Collum not to flag it for VAR I decided to watch the Sportscene highlights to see what they said:

Commentator says it was more clumsy than malicious and pretty much nothing else. No mention of him being lucky, it could even be a possible red or VAR might have a look.

Back in the studio and not one mention of it. Incredible. Shinnie got banned for 4 games against this same team for something completely innocuous!!!

Oh the hun cunt McCulloch did seem to suggest that Jensen didn't mean the overhead kick, although to his credit Michael Stewart corrected him

• 2 weeks later...

Dont know if this has already been covered but it’s absolutely mental that our only width is him and Devlin, both of which are very poor going forward.

Was Devlin a wing back at Livingston? If not it seems very strange that we have signed two out and out right backs then proceeded to build our whole team around a formation that relies heavily on wingbacks to provide any sort of width.

4 minutes ago, Willo flood said:

Dont know if this has already been covered but it’s absolutely mental that our only width is him and Devlin, both of which are very poor going forward.

Was Devlin a wing back at Livingston? If not it seems very strange that we have signed two out and out right backs then proceeded to build our whole team around a formation that relies heavily on wingbacks to provide any sort of width.

Or Dadia? The lesser spotted? Isn’t he a supposed right wing back?

Devlin was probably happy to sign for us in the knowledge that he’d be played out of position, given he probably tripled his wages.

Hayes has been a magnificent player for Aberdeen for over 8 seasons now and if McGarry had remained fit, I don’t think we’d be seeing much of the Dubliner but it’s sad to see how much he’s regressed.

Stands to reason though, he’s 36, FFS. A return to ICT probably more in keeping with his current skillset