January Transfer Window 😂

Toondon

People talk of signing wingers but aren’t they largely redundant? Teams don’t play 442 anymore and so the days of “chalk on the boots” wingers like Hayes or GMS,  are very very rare. Opposition coaches simply attack the space that wingers leave.

I think it’s more attacking players who can play down the sides of the sole striker, is what’s required. Lets us play 433 or 4231

2 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

People talk of signing wingers but aren’t they largely redundant? Teams don’t play 442 anymore and so the days of “chalk on the boots” wingers like Hayes or GMS,  are very very rare. Opposition coaches simply attack the space that wingers leave.

I think it’s more attacking players who can play down the sides of the sole striker, is what’s required. Lets us play 433 or 4231

Wherever they play they need to have speed, our entire team last night was so slow 

9 minutes ago, ahead on alphabet said:

You remind me so much of another poster on here 😂 pretty sure I'm right

Ditto with you

You constantly speak with an undeserved confidence in which you think you always know best/what you are talking about

You also have delusions about your level of intelligence (you are in Shooftas class in reality)

Its pretty clear who you are too  .... rocket

40 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Should be doing the same for Clarkson. Fine anyone passing to him in our half and fine Clarkson for being in our half.

I cant be fucked looking just now but was he the same player that went to Warnock and said he needed to go to France urgently because his friend passed away? But the dopey cunt had left his passport in changing rooms or something and it was handed to warnock.

When he got back Warnock asks him how it went in France bla bla bla he says yes very good thank you boss, then he pulls his passport out of his pocket and says Im amazed you got there without this😂

• Haha 2
7 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Agree with this. You don’t need wingers to have width. Duk, in my opinion, is perfect for that role. He absolutely fucking tortures players when he gets them one and one his strength means he so often gets into that wide left channel and gets in a foot race to get behind a defender.

He’s clearly not an out and out central striker and whoever comes in should be looking at Clarkson as an attacking midfielder that plays in behind Miovski with Duk a forward leaning left. Ironically I always felt Vinny could have been useful on the right of that shape but he’s offksi. 

This could go one of two ways and the guy coming in highlights that these guys were only good on paper, or he organizes them and proves what a talented crop we have. I think it’ll be the latter. Too many good players.

It will always be Robsons biggest failing that he could strategically drill this team to really cause better tougher teams to struggle to break us down and consistently hurt them but couldn’t get a fucking note out of these players when we had possession and were expected to dictate. I honestly don’t ever recall us having a team that was so polarized. Bizzare really.  

• Upvote 2
6 hours ago, CCB III said:

Fuck it. 

Get him up here. 

4-4 fucking 2. 

Oh the memories. 

Out and out wingers, full backs attempting leg breakers every 5 minutes and getting the fear if they hit the half way line. Quick footed artists hugging the touchline and rattling in 30 yarders for fun but beating their man once every ten attempts and two tough tackling monsters snapping shins in midfield like mental patient violent offenders.  

It was simpler time. 

8 minutes ago, TerryMcDermott said:

Oh the memories. 

Out and out wingers, full backs attempting leg breakers every 5 minutes and getting the fear if they hit the half way line. Quick footed artists hugging the touchline and rattling in 30 yarders for fun but beating their man once every ten attempts and two tough tackling monsters snapping shins in midfield like mental patient violent offenders.  

It was simpler time. 

It was peak Jimmy Calderwood. 

Free kick anywhere near the halfway line? 

Load that fucking box. 

6 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Right @Dandys1983 you've got our hopes up for today now saying to expect exclusives and movement today. This day better not disappoint 😂

I agree!

I'm hoping for a battle between the two itk guys both trying to get the credit for the huge influx of players that will surely arrive! 

16 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Right @Dandys1983 you've got our hopes up for today now saying to expect exclusives and movement today. This day better not disappoint 😂

🤣 Just fit I was told last night, I'll get an update later, but if I'm being honest I expecting more on the manager front this morning, then we would see some movement in the market. 

It's going to be a quiet day in general though across the UK. 

2 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

🤣 Just fit I was told last night, I'll get an update later, but if I'm being honest I expecting more on the manager front this morning, then we would see some movement in the market. 

If the club have got their shit together and appoint a manager today (whether permanent or interim) then i hope its not been done in panic and its been worked on for the past couple of weeks.

I suppose we'll find out what the script is with Duk aswell. But if he goes then we need at least 2 wide players to come in. And probably another centre back depending on Gartenmann's injury. 

I reckon we'll bring in a defender and winger / creative midfielder on loan today. 

Main think though is to hold on to Duk and Barron. A new manager will realise straight away who the real players are in the squad. It's a shame Besoujin is away already or he might've got a chance under a decent manager too.

1 hour ago, Dandys1983 said:

Is it warnock or we actually got our ducks in a row and the papers are well off? Surely you would just say if it’s warnock as it’s everywhere with the papers. You’re getting my hopes up that we aren’t a massive cluster fuck after all. 

It's now becoming obvious to the guys that were happy with Robson that our squad is so imbalanced it's frightening. It's a squad full of CB CM CF no width at all. 

Tbh we should be playing one sitting mid and 2 attacking mids against everyone we have the players, to attack sides if we can get a couple of wingers in, 2 many twitter posts about bloody centre halfs, bugger off, we need width. 

*Latest update is their working on manager contract and at least 1 loan deal, markets very difficult is the what I've been told. 

It'd be fantastic if we were to bring in a couple of players today. Whoever the new manager is, they need options to be able to change things which the current squad doesn't afford.

But above all else, i just hope we don't see any key departures. Young lads or fringe players going out on loan is no bad thing, but i'd be gutted to see the likes of Duk heading out.

12 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

It's now becoming obvious to the guys that were happy with Robson that our squad is so imbalanced it's frightening. It's a squad full of CB CM CF no width at all. 

Tbh we should be playing one sitting mid and 2 attacking mids against everyone we have the players, to attack sides if we can get a couple of wingers in, 2 many twitter posts about bloody centre halfs, bugger off, we need width. 

*Latest update is their working on manager contract and at least 1 loan deal, markets very difficult is the what I've been told. 

Those words give Cormack a proper hard on in January. Tippex teeth fucking loves hearing that. About time he took a long look in the mirror and finally realised he's the cause of all of this. 

If they are working on the managers contract then it has to be an out of work manager. Step forward Mr Warnock.

5 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

If they are working on the managers contract then it has to be an out of work manager. Step forward Mr Warnock.

Wouldn't be so sure, maybe clubs happy to let the press run with that. 🤔 He just doesn't strike me as very 'Cormack' 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

Wouldn't be so sure, maybe clubs happy to let the press run with that. 🤔 He just doesn't strike me as very 'Cormack' 

I hope we are going to get a good surprise here but very much doubt it. I did suspect their would be more in the papers regarding warnock this morning though.