January Transfer Window 😂

Toondon

30 minutes ago, Gilhaushans said:

Pollock will never come here. Possible potential if he hadn’t played so well at weekend and has Watford fans now wanting him to stay. 

shows short sighted nature and problems within our club we now scrabbling for who may be free a day before the window closes. 

the soon to be leaving head of recruitment has done a sterling job!! 😂😂

New 1 starts 1st of feb so let’s hope he contributes more. Data analyst also joining. 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

I'm not sure we'd be in for centre half if it wasn't for injuries to Ruby and the Danish pastry.

Kill-All-Ians' isn't a straight replacement for Rama but he at least sounds like he has a bit of energy and dig about him, which we've missed.

It's the lack of attacking width that's giving me the fear we're either returning to a back 5 or our current narrow shape.

Yeah if we don’t get a winger or 2 in we are putting the next manager in a shite situation. As what formation can you even play? 

2 hours ago, slippers said:

Do we think we will sign any players we badly need to make any formation actually work? We need a winger more than anything. Assuming we don’t see a Rama replacement as needed when we have went and signed an attacking centre mid. Surely couldn’t go and sign another 1.

Robson was banging on about Phillips bringing the sort of quality that we've not had since Rama left. Not entirely sure a player who can't nail down a position is going to fill the void left by Ramadani but then again im a fucking idiot. 

3 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The signings of Phillips and Kerr/Pollock and no wingers would suggest we're possibly returning to a back 5?

Would like to see a winger signed ASAP to allay these fears!! 

2 hours ago, RabidGiraffe said:

I'm not sure we'd be in for centre half if it wasn't for injuries to Ruby and the Danish pastry.

Kill-All-Ians' isn't a straight replacement for Rama but he at least sounds like he has a bit of energy and dig about him, which we've missed.

It's the lack of attacking width that's giving me the fear we're either returning to a back 5 or our current narrow shape.

Did we ever REALLY stop playing a back 5? I think only the last County game has been only game this season where we didn’t play a back 5 at some point. 

Robson thinks he’s being sneaky 

1 hour ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Evening Express says we are looking at another attacker aswell. Hopefully a winger. Knowing Robson it'll be a 5th striker that'll sit and pick splinters out of his arse for the next 5 months. 

Unless Papa Joe is getting binned, can’t be another striker, has to be a winger. Markanday, probably 

20 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Unless Papa Joe is getting binned, can’t be another striker, has to be a winger. Markanday, probably 

It won't be Markanday. Robson signed him last Jan and never played him. He won't make the same mistake....oh wait a minute. 

Welcome Dylan!! 

• Haha 2
25 minutes ago, RedRichard said:

hehe cept i want 11 Duks in our team for real

I would say 10 duks in the team as we would still need a keeper but he’s probably better at catching the ball than Roos so you never know could be 11

• Upvote 1
48 minutes ago, davieb said:

Better formation than anything Robson would set up!

0-0-11, ok being realistic, need more height and skillset for keeper and 2 central defenders, so let's go with just the 8 Duks. I think the best formation would be 4-3-3 given his pace and strength. Would do fine at full back, probably 2 footed enough, so can handle the wing on either side.