Next Manager

7 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

Id put a large chunk of money on the next manager not being Uk based, but at present what I was told yesterday is that its not even been spoken about removing Barry from his position, unfortunately he seems to be getting the season unless things really go south. 

Problem with this is we really need European football every season.

We ain’t getting that under Robson I suspect.

14 minutes ago, Helmet said:

Problem with this is we really need European football every season.

We ain’t getting that under Robson I suspect.

After next season, we’re highly unlikely to get European (group stage) football regardless.

Scotland’s co-efficient is plummeting & after 24/25, we revert to having to go through qualifiers. 

Next season is the last for 3rd (or Cup winners) to guarantee group stages. 

12 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

After next season, we’re highly unlikely to get European (group stage) football regardless.

Scotland’s co-efficient is plummeting & after 24/25, we revert to having to go through qualifiers. 

All the more reason we shouldn’t have gambled on an utter novice as manager.

A decent manager would have this team around the 3rd place spot imo.

• Upvote 1
51 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Do you never tire of coming on every thread and disagreeing with the majority of the other posters just for the sake of it?

That’s a very lazy post, I don’t come on every thread and disagree for the sake of it. I have agreed with people on many, many things. I disagreed that McGrath was a lazy panic signing though.

I said I think it would be a boring and insipid appointment, which is my opinion. I’m sorry if it hurts your feelings but that’s your problem not mine.

What is it about Mowbray that excites you so much? 

17 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

We just have to do better in qualifiers. We need to be better prepared by the time we get a tough playoff game etc. 

• Upvote 1
40 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

Id put a large chunk of money on the next manager not being Uk based, but at present what I was told yesterday is that its not even been spoken about removing Barry from his position, unfortunately he seems to be getting the season unless things really go south. 

If true, that’s incredible & a reflection of how weak, pathetic & unambitious our Board are.

All this nonsense about aspiring to be a “top 100” club, yet we appoint, and stick with, a football managerial simpleton whose win ratio since being appointed is below 30%.

52 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

If true, that’s incredible & a reflection of how weak, pathetic & unambitious our Board are.

All this nonsense about aspiring to be a “top 100” club, yet we appoint, and stick with, a football managerial simpleton whose win ratio since being appointed is below 30%.

They missed out on targets and hope to get in the players / positions that were requested in Jan, I posted in the transfer window thread that we have been scouting wingers which took me by suprise as this would be a total change of direction to the current style of play. I personally believe that to be s*hite but fingers crossed it's not. As I'm a big fan of wingers. 

1 hour ago, Dandys1983 said:

I don't think for a minute they haven't discussed his position. I suspect they won't do anything until after the cup final. But should league results not improve over the course of the month then there's not a chance they cant act. 

2 categories:

1. An up and coming manager who has minimum 3 seasons of a high winning %, good style of football and has achieved something of note (Cup win, significant turnaround  taking). They would need to see Aberdeen as a bigger club and better platform for a bigger job...you want personal ambition (stay for 3 seasons, win a cup, progress in Europe, get close to the Old Firm....then they'll get the chance in a bigger league).

2. Manager who has successed with a club in the past but there last job did not go as well and they have a point to prove and a burning desire to get back to success.

Can't see anyone in Scotland that fits that criteria. It would have to be an overseas manager...a lesser league (e.g Scandinavia, Balkans, Australia, Japan ) and maybe there is a UK option that fits the bill. 

If the management at Pittodrie are doing there jobs right, the scouting for potential managers should be on going and ramped up in the current situation.

2 hours ago, Dandys1983 said:

They missed out on targets and hope to get in the players / positions that were requested in Jan, I posted in the transfer window thread that we have been scouting wingers which took me by suprise as this would be a total change of direction to the current style of play. I personally believe that to be s*hite but fingers crossed it's not. As I'm a big fan of wingers. 

Barry Robson’s been winging it since he was appointed 

It’s been clear for all to see, (apart from some of the happy clapping retards in our support) that this was only going to end one way since the start of the season.

Genuinely think we have a good squad this season who would excel under a good manager who is permitted to add to some positions we blatantly ignored in the summer.

No fucking about this time, no experiments. Get a manager in with some decent credentials in as well as appointing a competent DoF

• Upvote 3