Next Manager

2 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Aye, so did away with the DoF role altogether? I’ll buy that.

Are we big enough to even require a DoF? Seems like a job created for…..fuck knows. Cormack trying to make him Aberdeen relevant? 

As you say, if there is no continuity in playing style, then what’s the point of a DoF? We either don’t actually have one, or we do, and he’s failing spectacularly

All falls at Colgates door. He is meddling fool hence a non qualified DOF & managers he’s appointed. No way he is giving full control to any manager & the likes of Mowbray would most likely command that, and rightly so.

20 minutes ago, Dons21 said:

All falls at Colgates door. He is meddling fool hence a non qualified DOF & managers he’s appointed. No way he is giving full control to any manager & the likes of Mowbray would most likely command that, and rightly so.

Glass and Robson were subservient fools, equally stunned and delighted to be given the opportunity to manage the Dons.

Goodwin probably knew he was entering a lions den that he had no hope in succeeding in, but engineered a good wage, as he probably knew he’d be fucked with Colgate pulling the strings, so took the job on anyway.

Remember Colgate’s tearful plea at Easter Rd in Jan? His promise to fix it? He’s actually made it worse.

27 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Aye, so did away with the DoF role altogether? I’ll buy that.

Are we big enough to even require a DoF? Seems like a job created for…..fuck knows. Cormack trying to make him Aberdeen relevant? 

As you say, if there is no continuity in playing style, then what’s the point of a DoF? We either don’t actually have one, or we do, and he’s failing spectacularly

Imagine Mowbray, a football man of good experience, & respected in the game, being told his line manager is Steven Gunn?

Shambolic. 

20 games in, and Stockport still 5 points clear at the top of the English 2nd Division, ahead of Deadpool's Hollywood Wrexham Billionaire Soccer XI. 

"Come and get me, Aberdeen!" says experienced multi-promotion and trophy winning boss, Dave Challinor.

This is not fucking rocket science. 

spacer.png

• Downvote 1
11 minutes ago, Millertime said:

You know it was

I do now, because I checked, sir! I’m an ageing chap MT and memory not what it was. Most of the Ebbe S years have banished to the far recesses of my small brain

this was the season that we had a minus 36 goal difference after a third of the league campaign!  

for some reason, fans loved this guy! 

10 minutes ago, donswin1983 said:

I do now, because I checked, sir! I’m an ageing chap MT and memory not what it was. Most of the Ebbe S years have banished to the far recesses of my small brain

this was the season that we had a minus 36 goal difference after a third of the league campaign!  

for some reason, fans loved this guy! 

Maybe if Robson came out with some decent quotes about minis stats then folk would like him too 🤔

8 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

What has he done that’s got you so excited about him?

Also pretty sure he just got sacked for failing as a manager. FaNnY

Mowbray's renowned for developing young players and sides that play attacking, attractive football. I find that possibility pretty exciting.

He's just been sacked, but it wasn't for failing as a manager. Sunderland are 9th in a notoriously tough 24 team division and sit just 3 points off the playoff positions. The board gave him no money and then sacked him for a short run of bad results, while essentially still overachieving.

Sunderland fans aren't at all happy that he's gone and we'd be making a fantastic appointment if we moved for him.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
35 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

What has he done that’s got you so excited about him?

Also pretty sure he just got sacked for failing as a manager. FaNnY

He's spent the majority of his career in the English championship and spent 3+ years at Blackburn, Middlesbrough, Sunderland, WBA & Hibs - so he can't be that shite if he's holding on to these jobs for that long.

They are 3 points off the play offs and all their fans are not happy he was sacked. Uber Fanny. 

5 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Neither up nor down on the Wilder boy  but his first interview about playing Liverpool first up is illuminating.  Bring it on.  Get the atmosphere going.  Right at them etc etc.  didn’t hear the word respect once.

They will of course get humped but I liked his style regardless.

He's a guy who may just find that a certain club suits him. He has went to others and just not cut it.