Next Manager

13 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

This is my fear. A Cormack special. Done it with Glass and would've done it with Goodwin aswell if he got the chance. the 6-0 forced his hand. 

He has always been very vocal about how difficult it is to sign players in January. Knowing our luck, he'll sack Robson at the end of this month and announce a new manager at the start of Feb. 

A successful businessman but a clueless football club chairman unfortunately.

I don't think he'd need to give a new manager all that much, though. There is a decent enough squad there, it's just that we have a tactically ignorant clown trying to set up a team. It wouldn't be too difficult to get a solid back four from what we have, we've enough options in the centre, struggling a bit for width in the middle but fine up front. The blame for the current shambles lies at Robson's door, the players don't appear to know what they are doing. 

8 hours ago, RedRevolution said:

I'm convinced that 75% of the posters on here are Arab or Hun infiltrators out to sabotage anything and everything and another 5% are manic depressives. If you can't see the team being rebuilt and slowly coming together, if you can't give credit for the amazing turnaround last season, then I have to wonder about your motives. Let's remember a performance under Goodwin at Easter Road last season when we didnt look like we could beat a dusty carpet. We have come a long way and we have the basis of a good side. It still needs tweaking. We've produced some good performances and some decent results two wins and a draw against the Huns goes a long way towards showing what is evolving. If you can't support the team with constructive criticism and you really are a fan - think about it. But I think a lot of you are imposters.

Aye aye Gunner.

8 hours ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

Pefer anyone who continally does not scatch his ears and neck and head throughout an interview 

Thats so disgusting and off putting :nono:

Dont they get media training at the club 

It's because he's lying or uncomfortable speaking.

If he's like that when speaking to the players then no wonder he can't suitability motivate them.

4 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

If he's like that when speaking to the players then no wonder he can't suitability motivate them.

Aye, he’s fucking hopeless in an interview. 
Semi-literate, rambles half a sentence then stops, & treats us like we’re as thick as he is with the rubbish he spouts. 

However, that wouldn’t matter if he was a good coach/manager. 

Unfortunately, he’s clearly shite at that too. 

9 hours ago, RedRevolution said:

I'm convinced that 75% of the posters on here are Arab or Hun infiltrators out to sabotage anything and everything and another 5% are manic depressives. If you can't see the team being rebuilt and slowly coming together, if you can't give credit for the amazing turnaround last season, then I have to wonder about your motives. Let's remember a performance under Goodwin at Easter Road last season when we didnt look like we could beat a dusty carpet. We have come a long way and we have the basis of a good side. It still needs tweaking. We've produced some good performances and some decent results two wins and a draw against the Huns goes a long way towards showing what is evolving. If you can't support the team with constructive criticism and you really are a fan - think about it. But I think a lot of you are imposters.

Your post suggesting progress instantly made me think you are a hun and a maniac combined. 

1 hour ago, King Street Loon said:

Do you think they are motivated? 

There’s a lot of issues with Robson but think that one isn’t true whatsoever. 

13 hours ago, RedRevolution said:

012-FD2-B8-7637-417-F-BD08-7-F3786-B3-DB

2 hours ago, DelMonte said:

Do you think they are motivated? 

There’s a lot of issues with Robson but think that one isn’t true whatsoever. 

Inclined to agree but in KSL's defence I wonder if the key word there is "suitably".

I read an article a few years back that came from an interview with our very own Lee Richardson who at the time (don't know if he still is) was in the building at Liverpool doing psychology stuff with the players.

He mentioned this concept of "arousal". From memory it revolved around this idea that to turn the players into raving lunatics before a game is counter-productive.

I read and hear all these public comments from Robson about "this is an Aberdeen team", "this is what it means to be an Aberdeen player" and think he's saying it too much. He means well but he's putting too much on a pedestal.  It could be that he is "over-motivating" the players to the detriment of performance.

I've dug out an article that has some soundbites (it's not the actual thing I read); judge for yourself:

Why Liverpool's success is founded on Jürgen Klopp's new signing, arousal, and Goldilocks - Liverpool.com

1 hour ago, The Hulk said:

Inclined to agree but in KSL's defence I wonder if the key word there is "suitably".

I read an article a few years back that came from an interview with our very own Lee Richardson who at the time (don't know if he still is) was in the building at Liverpool doing psychology stuff with the players.

He mentioned this concept of "arousal". From memory it revolved around this idea that to turn the players into raving lunatics before a game is counter-productive.

I read and hear all these public comments from Robson about "this is an Aberdeen team", "this is what it means to be an Aberdeen player" and think he's saying it too much. He means well but he's putting too much on a pedestal.  It could be that he is "over-motivating" the players to the detriment of performance.

I've dug out an article that has some soundbites (it's not the actual thing I read); judge for yourself:

Why Liverpool's success is founded on Jürgen Klopp's new signing, arousal, and Goldilocks - Liverpool.com

Not countering on your post or disagreeing. But this bit always bugs me now. What does it even mean "this is what it means to be an Aberdeen player" or "this is what it means to be an Aberdeen team". We're a team with no identity. Haven't had one for some considerable time.

Theres also that di Stefano quote gets wheeled out all the time, but it's not even relevant anymore. 

Last time we had an identity, Fergies team for sure. Under Alex Smith and for a while under Willie Miller, then early in McInnes era. Since then we've just drifted churning through players and managers and generally being pish.

5 hours ago, The Gee Man said:

How has he not been Sacked by now. 

He’ll get to the cup final 

If we don’t win that + no dramatic improvement in league form we’ll make a change during the winter break 

If he achieves one of those objectives he’s probably safe until at least the summer which he may deserve, particularly if we win the cup

IMO

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

Not countering on your post or disagreeing. But this bit always bugs me now. What does it even mean "this is what it means to be an Aberdeen player" or "this is what it means to be an Aberdeen team". We're a team with no identity. Haven't had one for some considerable time.

Theres also that di Stefano quote gets wheeled out all the time, but it's not even relevant anymore. 

Last time we had an identity, Fergies team for sure. Under Alex Smith and for a while under Willie Miller, then early in McInnes era. Since then we've just drifted churning through players and managers and generally being pish.

The general consensus is that we’re a long ball team.

That’s our identity.

And we’re not even good at that. 

3 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

He’ll get to the cup final 

If we don’t win that + no dramatic improvement in league form we’ll make a change during the winter break 

If he achieves one of those objectives he’s probably safe until at least the summer which he may deserve, particularly if we win the cup

IMO

He should be binned before the cup final.  If he gets binned after losing the cup final it will be end of January before they find the right manager, or any manager.