Next Manager

Shocked to read of Tony Mowbray's sacking. He was working with no budget in a highly competitive league, developing young players, delivering attractive football. And despite a poor run of late, they're still within touching distance of the playoffs.

Excellent manager, out of work, not an unrealistic target. Not often that scenario arises, we'd be crazy not to move for him.

1 hour ago, slippers said:

Yeah it’s getting to the point where I’d give up the cup final for us to change our manager before the next game. Another season completely ruined having spent a small fortune in Aberdeen terms. 

We've giving up on the cup final anyway by keeping the thick cunt in post

• Upvote 6
2 hours ago, slippers said:

Yeah it’s getting to the point where I’d give up the cup final for us to change our manager before the next game. Another season completely ruined having spent a small fortune in Aberdeen terms. 

I cannot believe any Dons fan would give up winning a cup final just because they want the manager binned. Be careful what you wish for.

• Upvote 2
9 minutes ago, Russell said:

So you'd want to lose the final if it meant getting rid of Robson? Crazy talk

Personally I'd prefer not to lose the final, would be extremely funny if we repeated what we done in the Semi as that lot would lose their mind, I'd just stop watching us after that as am I fuck coping with that clown as manager for another 12months.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, minijc said:

Personally I'd prefer not to lose the final, would be extremely funny if we repeated what we done in the Semi as that lot would lose their mind, I'd just stop watching us after that as am I fuck coping with that clown as manager for another 12months.

I want Robson binned too but I'm not going to start wanting us to lose games or stop watching. I'm an Aberdonian and I've paid for my redtv, I'm watching those fucking games!

12 minutes ago, Russell said:

I want Robson binned too but I'm not going to start wanting us to lose games or stop watching. I'm an Aberdonian and I've paid for my redtv, I'm watching those fucking games!

I don't want us to lose either, it's just the reality that we will lose more often than not with that neep in charge.

Anyways, slightly relevant, I see dinosaur tactics manager with only one way of playing is away to get a job in the EPL again, that's after some on here said he wasn't good enough to manager Aberdeen, great stuff. 

7 minutes ago, minijc said:

I don't want us to lose either, it's just the reality that we will lose more often than not with that neep in charge.

Anyways, slightly relevant, I see dinosaur tactics manager with only one way of playing is away to get a job in the EPL again, that's after some on here said he wasn't good enough to manager Aberdeen, great stuff. 

I think most here said he wouldn't fancy coming here

3 hours ago, a don in oz said:

Robson only maybe gets sacked if he loses every game from here on including the cup final. So December 18th if Mowbray is still without a club, who knows we might get a Christmas present. 

I doubt it though.

This Aberdeen board and chairman will leave it until the January sales and miss out once again.  Mowbray will be long gone. 

9 minutes ago, minijc said:

Will be a bit deja vu for him given that they were bottom of the Premier League when he was sacked by them in 2021.  Just needs to pick up 9pts in the next 14 games to match his record of 14pts in 28 games when he left them.

Just now, DandyWarhol said:

Will be a bit deja vu for him given that they were bottom of the Premier League when he was sacked by them in 2021.  Just needs to pick up 9pts in the next 14 games to match his record of 14pts in 28 games when he left them.

Aye imagine that at the highest level of club football, too shite for us though, so glad we hired a failed under 18s coach.

I've no faith in Robson but don't get the Wilder worship either.  He's purely got that job because of all his links to the club (fan, ex player & manager) and the hopeless position they are in - he wouldn't even get considered for any other EPL job.  Dumped by Boro and Watford in the 2 years since leaving Sheff Utd too.

20 minutes ago, minijc said:

They were wrong though, had the club nae fucked about they could have had him.

19 minutes ago, minijc said:

They were wrong though, had the club nae fucked about they could have had him.

He refused to move to Middlesborough he certainly wouldn't  have moved to Aberdeen. Did have a job this year but failed miserably at Watford.

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, G man said:

He refused to move to Middlesborough he certainly wouldn't  have moved to Aberdeen. Did have a job this year but failed miserably at Watford.

Name a manager who has been successful there?  What does it matter where he stays?  Derek McInnes didn't actually move to Aberdeen and he done alright.

Anyway doesn't matter now, we've got super Rarry Bobson and his dismal dons, things definitely worked out better.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Mowbray would make a decent DOF as well I reckon.

Would have him here in any capacity no problem.

We'd probably be needing to offer him McInnes old wages for him to not laugh down the phone at us though.

Perhaps min.

But others have said, and I agree, that the manager should be the most important investment at a club.

Mowbray is good enough and would be worth the investment. 

3 hours ago, JamieMT said:

Shocked to read of Tony Mowbray's sacking. He was working with no budget in a highly competitive league, developing young players, delivering attractive football. And despite a poor run of late, they're still within touching distance of the playoffs.

Excellent manager, out of work, not an unrealistic target. Not often that scenario arises, we'd be crazy not to move for him.

I thought Mowbray got harshly dealt with at the Tims. Was winning manager of the month awards regularly and then got binned after a 4-0 defeat in Paisley in February. 
Fair enough, their fans will never take a hiding like that lightly but maybe their board should have toughed it out

34 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Perhaps min.

But others have said, and I agree, that the manager should be the most important investment at a club.

Mowbray is good enough and would be worth the investment. 

A good DOF is just as important as a good manager. The DOF should be the one setting and helping to implement the overall style of play by overseeing recruitment, picking managers who will set up the squad as required etc which should maintain the continuity of the football operation going even when there's a managerial change.

We've went from possession football with no end product under Glass, to whatever the fuck Goodwin was trying to do, to no possession and counter attacking football with Robson. 3 different managers, 3 different philosophies, 3 complete squad re-builds, all under 1 DOF.

Clearly Gunn is fucking hopeless at the main aspect of his job.

I'd be delighted if we binned him and Robson and gave someone like a Mowbray full control of everything.

• Upvote 6
1 hour ago, Andy_123 said:

I'd be delighted if we binned him and Robson and gave someone like a Mowbray full control of everything.

Aye, so did away with the DoF role altogether? I’ll buy that.

Are we big enough to even require a DoF? Seems like a job created for…..fuck knows. Cormack trying to make him Aberdeen relevant? 

As you say, if there is no continuity in playing style, then what’s the point of a DoF? We either don’t actually have one, or we do, and he’s failing spectacularly