Next Manager

3 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Aye I'd take Mowbray too. Had Hibs playing some decent stuff when there and gave them 2 top 4 finishes in a row.

Surprised Sunderland binned him with them only being 3 points off a play-off position. Not sure who they think can do better than that but they probably view themselves as a PL side in waiting despite their recent history

pl

Mowbray would be an outstanding appointment, plays great football and gives youth a chance.  I would be gutted should he come up North. 

8 hours ago, RUL said:

Makes no real difference who the manager is. 

We’ve been absolutely shite for 30 years bar a decent period when Huns went bust. If they hadn’t we’d have still won fuck all since 1995. 

We tried investing, also dabbled in not investing, we’ve had drunk foreign and uk managers, fat English chief execs, got a Scottish ones now too, after replacing a Canadian more interested in motor sports than football. Can’t even be arsed addressing our director of football. 

on Sunday I watched our goalkeeping coach miss the target repeatedly in a warm up drill whilst 2 fitter and younger goalkeepers stood about doing fuck all. 

Football has changed so much in our lifetime and Aberdeen have been left behind.

The goalkeeper coach goes about telling players what to do with a fucking iPad. That’s happened under 3 different managers too. I can’t stand the cunt for some reason. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

The goalkeeper coach goes about telling players what to do with a fucking iPad. That’s happened under 3 different managers too. I can’t stand the cunt for some reason. 

Goalkeeping coaches are a complete and utter waste of a wage and add no value whatsoever to our club. Using an iPad to relay instructions to a goalkeeper under his watch is embarrassing and cringeworthy. 

The above applies to striker coaches as well.

5 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Goalkeeping coaches are a complete and utter waste of a wage and add no value whatsoever to our club. Using an iPad to relay instructions to a goalkeeper under his watch is embarrassing and cringeworthy. 

The above applies to striker coaches as well.

No, it’s to the outfield players. He stands on the touchline with a key role it seems. 

8 hours ago, RUL said:

We’ve been absolutely shite for 30 years bar a decent period when Huns went bust. If they hadn’t we’d have still won fuck all since 1995. 

We tried investing, also dabbled in not investing, we’ve had drunk foreign and uk managers, fat English chief execs, got a Scottish ones now too, after replacing a Canadian more interested in motor sports than football. Can’t even be arsed addressing our director of football. 

on Sunday I watched our goalkeeping coach miss the target repeatedly in a warm up drill whilst 2 fitter and younger goalkeepers stood about doing fuck all. 

Football has changed so much in our lifetime and Aberdeen have been left behind.

You make a number of very valid points.

8 hours ago, RUL said:

Brilliant Post.

21 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

No, it’s to the outfield players. He stands on the touchline with a key role it seems. 

Aye, I know he uses it to relay messages to outfield players when a substitution is away to take place on matchdays but regardless of it being a goalkeeping coach, manager/head coach, or assistant manager/head coach, the act of using an iPad to relay instructions to players is futile and unnecessary, and certainly is of no benefit whatsoever to our club, as emphasised in its current grave predicament.

What's wrong with an old-fashioned, tried-and-tested word in a player's ear to pass on instructions? 

6 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Aye, I know he uses it to relay messages to outfield players when a substitution is away to take place on matchdays but regardless of it being a goalkeeping coach, manager/head coach, or assistant manager/head coach, the act of using an iPad to relay instructions to players is futile and unnecessary, and certainly is of no benefit whatsoever to our club, as emphasised in its current grave predicament.

What's wrong with an old-fashioned, tried-and-tested word in a player's ear to pass on instructions? 

There’s a translate button on an ipad 

• Haha 1

Mowbray is a no brainer. Few stumbling blocks I think

There will like be another relatively big job in that league soon, so will probs bide his time 

I also think the geographical location of aberdeen makes getting people to relocate from England difficult. Seen it with players too, even ones based in scotland that never moved and commuted daily, it's not ideal 

The galling thing is we have by spfl standards a right good squad. It's just not being utilised by the manager correctly. Any half experienced manager would get us up that league pretty quickly imo

4 minutes ago, keigy1983 said:

There will like be another relatively big job in that league soon, so will probs bide his time 

I also think the geographical location of aberdeen makes getting people to relocate from England difficult. Seen it with players too, even ones based in scotland that never moved and commuted daily, it's not ideal 

The galling thing is we have by spfl standards a right good squad. It's just not being utilised by the manager correctly. Any half experienced manager would get us up that league pretty quickly imo

There are already jobs in the English Championship available.

Four, maybe five, one of them the one he’s just left.

Has a decent reputation down there & will get a decent job.

He wouldn’t entertain this backwater just now. 

16 minutes ago, keigy1983 said:

I do recall him leaving Blackburn due to location. I suspect he wouldn’t move to Aberdeen. But not a bad suggestion. 

28 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

There are already jobs in the English Championship available.

Four, maybe five, one of them the one he’s just left.

Has a decent reputation down there & will get a decent job.

He wouldn’t entertain this backwater just now. 

If you don't ask you don't get. Sadly we won't even ask as it looks like Robson still has the full backing of Gnasher.

I'm not convinced Mowbray will get any of the available jobs in the English Championship. I think they'll all go to younger and/or foreign coaches. So there is a chance he might still be available once we do inevitably bin Robson ( probably with about 3 days to go left in the January transfer window). However if a job at an EFL1 club becomes available in the interim, he'd probably have a decent chance of getting it.

12 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

If you don't ask you don't get. Sadly we won't even ask as it looks like Robson still has the full backing of Gnasher.

I'm not convinced Mowbray will get any of the available jobs in the English Championship. I think they'll all go to younger and/or foreign coaches. So there is a chance he might still be available once we do inevitably bin Robson ( probably with about 3 days to go left in the January transfer window). However if a job at an EFL1 club becomes available in the interim, he'd probably have a decent chance of getting it.

In order to ask, our Board need to open their fucking eyes & stop hiding behind a cup final.

That’s one game. 

I’d rather they saw the bigger picture.  
Hard to do when your head is in the sand though. 

• Upvote 2
32 minutes ago, slippers said:

I do recall him leaving Blackburn due to location. I suspect he wouldn’t move to Aberdeen. But not a bad suggestion. 

I don't think it was, he left after 5 years when his contract ran out.

He'd be a superb appointment, has great relationship with bigger clubs so can get good youth player either on loan or when available cheap.  Style of play is good and he is big into analytics as well, something our current coach isn't despite the club wanting to move in that direction. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
17 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

In order to ask, our Board need to open their fucking eyes & stop hiding behind a cup final.

That’s one game. 

I’d rather they saw the bigger picture.  
Hard to do when your head is in the sand though. 

Yeah it’s getting to the point where I’d give up the cup final for us to change our manager before the next game. Another season completely ruined having spent a small fortune in Aberdeen terms. 

• Upvote 1

With Goodwin it was the humiliating nature of the defeats to Hearts ,Darvel  and Hibs that sealed his fate.   So far with Robson we’ve had only one humiliating defeat this season ….another one anytime soon and he’ll be gone too, I reckon.   And it could well be the cup final.

3 minutes ago, redone said:

With Goodwin it was the humiliating nature of the defeats to Hearts ,Darvel  and Hibs that sealed his fate.   So far with Robson we’ve had only one humiliating defeat this season ….another one anytime soon and he’ll be gone too, I reckon.   And it could well be the cup final.

If he gets a win he almost gets a fee pass for the next 2/3 games hoping he’s turned a corner. This has been ongoing since start of season. At bare minimum he needs 4 points in next 2 to keep his job.