Next Manager

56 minutes ago, englishred said:

Well yes its better than a one horse race however its been the same two since 1985 which is a little tedious 

Same 2 winners (well 3 with old/new Huns) but been others been occasionally in the race. I try not to think of 90/91 and the last day

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

To be fair, to an outsider it IS an exciting title race surely 

Define outsider?

To the English born person they couldn’t give a fuck as they mostly think our game is utter shite, Scotland league holds no importance to them,

Irish only look upon Scottish football as a religious way to beat the other with, orange bastard/fienan bastard, that sort of thing,

Europeans couldn’t give a shite as they have much better/fairer leagues to watch, not a chance someone in Czech Republic is salivating over the prospect of sitting down watching the Celtic the rangers game next week with any sort of interest,

World football, not a chance, that leaves us, Scottish fans, and itl only be those 2 and a chosen few that would watch that circus freak show, garbage, the fact that it’s only them winning leagues rules out any other supporter WANTING to watch.

just a quick question, do you really think the league not been won by anybody by the Glasgow 2 since 1985 adds to a league anybody cares about apart from those 2?, so apathy/ sporting achievement/alienation of ten clubs fans every year hasn’t a consequence and doesn’t show year on year?.

If you were to ask anybody, literally anybody, who is going to win the 24/25 season in the Scottish premier, I would bet every person would say either Celtic or the Huns, correct?

that’s not a healthy sporting environment!.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
4 hours ago, RAZOR said:

Istanbul was Constantinople
Now it's Istanbul, not Constantinople
Been a long time gone, Constantinople
Now it's Turkish delight on a moonlit night.

Constantinople was Byzantium

Now its Istanbul not Byzantium 

Where Souness a flag did plunt but he's still a Hun ????

3 hours ago, Sheepskin_1903 said:

Michael Stewarts just a fanny.

if Hearts were in the position that we were in, there would be no fucking way in hell he would be spouting those names.

how the fuck he get’s as many pundit/commentary gigs is mind boggling.

Used to rate him 5/6 years ago when the BT Sport coverage was on the go as well, but he’s went downhill. 

At least he's not a weegie - but he has a really short fuse and can go off on one without too much help - he'd be perfect for this website

14 minutes ago, RedRevolution said:

Constantinople was Byzantium

Now its Istanbul not Byzantium 

Where Souness a flag did plunt but he's still a Hun ????

What is it, not the brightest tool in the shed?, mentally unhinged?, incel perhaps.

abortion of a post.

3 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Warnock was fucking shit

It is mind boggling how he got 2 points from Rangers, Motherwell, Hibs, Kilmarnock, St Johnstone, St Mirren. We'd played well against Celtic and we'd almost certainly be top 6 and with a faint chance of a European spot if Leven had been caretaker the whole time. 

44 minutes ago, huncunts said:

It is mind boggling how he got 2 points from Rangers, Motherwell, Hibs, Kilmarnock, St Johnstone, St Mirren. We'd played well against Celtic and we'd almost certainly be top 6 and with a faint chance of a European spot if Leven had been caretaker the whole time. 

You've no way of knowing that.

We played well against Kilmarnock under Warnock, better than we played today under Leven.

There's no way of knowing if results would have been better under Leven. Let's not start making things up. He's been part of a coaching staff that has had the players playing long ball all season.

47 minutes ago, alscotoz said:

I'll bet Leven is counting down the days to be put out of his misery. Not cut out for being the main man

Even if Leven's substandard as a manager, and doesn't want to be doing the job, the job he's doing is no worse than the four (?... I've lost count) clowns who preceded him. 

The players we have are obviously gash, but if we can crawl over the line and not end up a Championship team then we go again for the sixth (?.... I've lost count) time, get in a new, almost certainly shit manager, and please... for the love of christ... bring in some players who aren't all fucking shitebags. 

To be honest, I don't know what my actual point is, but hopefully I'm communicating a general sense of despair, resignation, and alcohol. 

Just need to secure spfl status and go again.

Surely it can't get any worse...is the mantra I'm desperately hoping to see eventuate.

Slim pickings on the management front. I'm hoping we go for a foreigner (outside UK) with no baggage.

5 hours ago, Dons79 said:

Define outsider?

To the English born person they couldn’t give a fuck as they mostly think our game is utter shite, Scotland league holds no importance to them,

Irish only look upon Scottish football as a religious way to beat the other with, orange bastard/fienan bastard, that sort of thing,

Europeans couldn’t give a shite as they have much better/fairer leagues to watch, not a chance someone in Czech Republic is salivating over the prospect of sitting down watching the Celtic the rangers game next week with any sort of interest,

World football, not a chance, that leaves us, Scottish fans, and itl only be those 2 and a chosen few that would watch that circus freak show, garbage, the fact that it’s only them winning leagues rules out any other supporter WANTING to watch.

just a quick question, do you really think the league not been won by anybody by the Glasgow 2 since 1985 adds to a league anybody cares about apart from those 2?, so apathy/ sporting achievement/alienation of ten clubs fans every year hasn’t a consequence and doesn’t show year on year?.

If you were to ask anybody, literally anybody, who is going to win the 24/25 season in the Scottish premier, I would bet every person would say either Celtic or the Huns, correct?

that’s not a healthy sporting environment!.

You forgot the most important point.  It’s self sustaining for them particularly with the way it’s promoted.

its arguable if it’s healthy for Scotland.  In one corner you’ll have the scraps off the masters table lot.  In the other you’ve got the coeffushunt mob.

What 2012 taught us is that no alternative will be countenanced which again contributes to that self sustainment I mentioned earlier.

1 hour ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

You forgot the most important point.  It’s self sustaining for them particularly with the way it’s promoted.

its arguable if it’s healthy for Scotland.  In one corner you’ll have the scraps off the masters table lot.  In the other you’ve got the coeffushunt mob.

What 2012 taught us is that no alternative will be countenanced which again contributes to that self sustainment I mentioned earlier.

I didn’t forget it, I just didn’t highlight it with my post, totally agree about your point that this league is only catering for 2 teams, the rest can get stuffed by the media, pundits and the Scottish football institution, point further made by the comments by Stewart expecting us fans to accept any old pish manager. A small microcosm into the thinking of our so called pundits talking about a team that’s not the Glasgow 2.

5 hours ago, alscotoz said:

I'll bet Leven is counting down the days to be put out of his misery. Not cut out for being the main man

That might be the case but again it's clear that the players respect and play for him therefore he's invaluable and should be retained when the new manager comes in. 

You never got that level of commitment when Warnock was in charge. Yet another ego driven appointment.

7 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

That might be the case but again it's clear that the players respect and play for him therefore he's invaluable and should be retained when the new manager comes in. 

You never got that level of commitment when Warnock was in charge. Yet another ego driven appointment.

Nothing against Leven. But he's got to go 

Seems that we all, including me, want a top drawer appointment to manage our club.

However the statistics confirm that we lost 17 matches in the league in season 2021/2022, 17 matches last season, in a supposedly good season, and 14 matches this season to date.

Whilst Stewart's comments about whom should be appointed are very disappointing at best the truth is we are in a "beggars can't be choosers" position at present. 

In other words we may require to appoint a manager who can build a defensive stability to our team initially so that we lose much less games.

9 or 10 losses per season should be the absolute maximum. 

I appreciate that even Hearts have lost 9 games so far but good teams are based on solid defensive foundations, which we certainly haven't had for sometime. 

Yesterday could have quite easily been a defeat, especially as the first half panned out.

In short whilst I agree that Lennon, Ross etc would not provide the defensive stability I note above it may be that the manager we do ultimately appoint is not going to be a name that excites on day one.

Regardless if he manages to radically reduce our average losses per season, gets us back in the top 6 positions of the league and makes us more solid and hard to beat would that be a bad thing?

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Seems that we all, including me, want a top drawer appointment to manage our club.

However the statistics confirm that we lost 17 matches in the league in season 2021/2022, 17 matches last season, in a supposedly good season, and 14 matches this season to date.

Whilst Stewart's comments about whom should be appointed are very disappointing at best the truth is we are in a "beggars can't be choosers" position at present. 

In other words we may require to appoint a manager who can build a defensive stability to our team initially so that we lose much less games.

I appreciate that even Hearts have lost 9 games so far but good teams are based on solid defensive foundations, which we certainly haven't had for sometime. 

Yesterday could have quite easily been a defeat, especially as the first half panned out.

In short whilst I agree that Lennon, Ross etc would not provide the defensive stability I note above it may be that the manager we do ultimately appoint is not going to be a name that excites on day one.

Regardless if he manages to radically reduce our average losses per season, gets us back in the top 6 positions of the league and makes us more solid and hard to beat would that be a bad thing?

Beggars can't be choosers - money talks. That is the bottom line. Offer someone enough money and they will seriously consider the job. It's getting them past the interview stage once they see the club set up and hierarchy that may be the stumbling block.

A new manager may or may not be too far away but I would hope for stability and improvement first before setting targets of 9/10 losses a season. Given the gulf in finances between Aberdeen and Celtic plus Sevco it's safe to assume that apart from the odd game we're probably losing 6 times to two teams. Do you think we're good enough to only lose 3/4 times to similar sized team (Hibs/Hearts) and some of the smaller teams? 

I certainly don't have the arrogance to think that. 

39 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Not unusual in a good coach though.  They were running through walls for Cowie yesterday, they’re still below us.

And players picking and choosing who they play for always unnerves me.  Which to be fair is why they went to an experienced old stick like Warnock, for that very reason.

3 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Beggars can't be choosers - money talks. That is the bottom line. Offer someone enough money and they will seriously consider the job. It's getting them past the interview stage once they see the club set up and hierarchy that may be the stumbling block.

A new manager may or may not be too far away but I would hope for stability and improvement first before setting targets of 9/10 losses a season. Given the gulf in finances between Aberdeen and Celtic plus Sevco it's safe to assume that apart from the odd game we're probably losing 6 times to two teams. Do you think we're good enough to only lose 3/4 times to similar sized team (Hibs/Hearts) and some of the smaller teams? 

Again, to be fair, at 2.55 yesterday getting us past the relegation stage was job 1 with interview stage knocked down a slot.

Not to labour the point but informal interview stage should have been December when it was unquestionably the priority.

1 minute ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Not unusual in a good coach though.  They were running through walls for Cowie yesterday, they’re still below us.

And players picking and choosing who they play for always unnerves me.  Which to be fair is why they went to an experienced old stick like Warnock, for that very reason.

Is it? I can only assume Warnock was another vanity ego driven appointment. I see absolutely no other reason why he was brought in. 

A dreadful appointment (again) which backfired. Also with all due respect to Ross County I would expect them to be below us however it also cannot be denied that they've upped their game considerably since Cowie took over.

21 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Last season was weird. Genuinely felt like we were absolutely shit for about 80% of it. Just shows how realistic it should be to put in a proper season and make top 3 at least keeping close to the other 2 teams for a while 

7 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

I may be a few things but I have never been called arrogant before. 

9 or 10 losses is maybe a stretch but 17 losses is a disgrace. 

We have won 4 times at home in the league this season. If you exclude victories against County and Livvy we've won once, against Hearts. That is simply not good enough. 

One thing we do agree on is we require stability whether, or not, the next management appointment excites the majority of fans.

37 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Disagree. We need a clear out but if someone deserves to keep their job it is probably him.

Robson, Warnock, Gunn(actually all of the FMB)& Samson all deserve the punt before Leven. 

The cunt sold cup final comp tickets to his hun mates whilst employed by us. Should have been grounds for gross misconduct and summarily dismissed back in December. 

• Dildo 1
3 minutes ago, Yorston Vasey said:

The cunt sold cup final comp tickets to his hun mates whilst employed by us. Should have been grounds for gross misconduct and summarily dismissed back in December. 

Is there actually any evidence of this or has it just been manifested because he's a hun?