Next Manager

Just now, Ten Caat said:

Not necessarily, if it's true we have been after, as others allude to, 5 or 6 guys who have for varying reasons all rejected us or haven't been available for whatever reasons.

He could well be next in line. Although anyone with half a brain would now know that they weren't our first choice, indeed not even 2nd or 3rd choice as it's taken so long for us to make an appointment. So whoever does get it could be tarred with a label of being a bit desperate.....those with any pride would now tell us to fuck right off.

Lennon has no pride, & is desperate.

There’s your two boxes ticked.

I’m still thinking it can’t be him.

Can you imagine Cormack waffling on about a process, taking our time to find “the right man rather than be quick”, when he’s sat next to Lennon?!

If the Northern Irish FA are the stumbling block we might go back on Monday? More so if we lose today.

If we don’t, then it would appear we are right back where we started 2 months ago.  
Which would be a complete shambles. 

8 minutes ago, slippers said:

Absolutely but the type of appointment goes a long way to seeing how much patience he gets from fans. I’m hoping the next manager gets assurances he gets 3 transfer windows minimum.  

Thats fine as long as we are top six and as long as we dont lose to an absolute minnow in the cup

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

If the Northern Irish FA are the stumbling block we might go back on Monday? More so if we lose today

Yeah, I can see us going back in for him at some point. Especially if the alternatives (that haven’t already rejected us) are as far down the list as folk are saying.

1 minute ago, thurso said:

As much as I wouldn’t of wanted Lennon as manager, we should of appointed him instead of Warnock as interim manager 

Was he not supposedly offered it? But turned it down as we said it’s highly unlikely he would of got the job permanently at the end of it

Could be speaking rubbish though 

4 minutes ago, Willo flood said:

Was he not supposedly offered it? But turned it down as we said it’s highly unlikely he would of got the job permanently at the end of it

Could be speaking rubbish though 

^^^^^ that was mentioned on PLZ Soccer, of which Lennon is a panelist, but not on that particular day 

1 minute ago, Hoofball said:

So are any of the other rumoured rejections true or just made up journo and hat shite

Club have not offered the job to anyone. Fully focussed on Robson extending his contract and now totally dumbfounded

• Confused 1
1 minute ago, Hoofball said:

So are any of the other rumoured rejections true or just made up journo and hat shite

Depends what folk mean by rejection. 

I doubt we've made multiple job offers that have been rejected but we've probably approached a few to see if they were interested to be told no. 

12 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Depends what folk mean by rejection. 

I doubt we've made multiple job offers that have been rejected but we've probably approached a few to see if they were interested to be told no. 

Of course they haven’t* offered load of managers the job

* Wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if they had due to the idiots running the club

13 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Club have not offered the job to anyone. Fully focussed on Robson extending his contract and now totally dumbfounded

Dave on the phone to Barry.

Alright Barry fancy coming back, we feel we were a bit hasty in removing you and as a show of goodwill and faith the FMB would like to offer you a four year deal. 

1 hour ago, slippers said:

Yup. Tapping up isn’t even thing now as their is so much intermediates you can go through. Which is almost like speaking to the person anyway. 

It can also be done with the employers approval though.

We’ve even seen players go for a medical and discuss terms with a new club before a transfer fee is actually agreed- all with the parent club approval if they feel they can’t force the player to stay and know they can stand their ground on the compo they expect when the time comes.

1 hour ago, The Hulk said:

Yeah, people would rather ignore the reality and deal in gossip, it’s like the mannie version of these gossip magazines.

One thing’s for sure though, AFC are taking far too long and handling it badly, and from the experience I’m personally aware of, it is not surprising in the slightest. It’s now become a bad club, when so many past players and staff would have told you it was a good club.

There is one common factor there and this is why I can’t bring myself to recognise all the so-called good stuff that has been done on the non-football operation. It’s like hitching a massive fuck-off caravan on a car that you refuse to service. “The car is falling to bits but aye look at the caravan”.

At the risk of sounding like a gossipy auld mannie, care to spill the beans on what (or who) the one common factor is, or should I be doing some basic conjecture that if the non-footballing operation is fine, then the football operation (and the person directing it) is a shitshow?

51 minutes ago, Arthur FN Shelby said:

Would not surprise me that O’Neill turned us down thinking  he had a chance of the Celtic job. Brenda looks disinterested and possibly gone in the summer, especially if they win fuck all which is possible. 
love a conspiracy theory.

Well the talk is that Brendan has DD full backing and it’s more likely the Club bend over to keep him happy in the summer.

I think they’ve already made some recruitment team changes since the Jan transfer window as BR wasn’t happy with their performance.

5 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

At the risk of sounding like a gossipy auld mannie, care to spill the beans on what (or who) the one common factor is, or should I be doing some basic conjecture that if the non-footballing operation is fine, then the football operation (and the person directing it) is a shitshow?

I seem to recall Hulk posted some detail on his own experience a few weeks back but I’m a forgetful bastard and can’t recall it.

But surely we can all see who the common factor is.

32 minutes ago, Millertime said:

That isn't a sensible thing to say,  is it?

I’am by sensible, panic is setting in now,. All semblance of reason is diminishing as we speak.

dont you agree that the club looks and has acted tinpot?, professional?

hardly.

6 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

I’am by sensible, panic is setting in now,. All semblance of reason is diminishing as we speak.

dont you agree that the club looks and has acted tinpot?, professional?

hardly.

All depends who's hired

If after all this its one of the usual suspects,  then yes 

If its someone progressive and box office, no

1 minute ago, Millertime said:

All depends who's hired

Just cannot see it now MT, plenty have surely rejected us and it’s now in the bottom half of the list we are perusing through, hope your right, just haven’t got confidence in our club getting anything right to be honest.

17 minutes ago, Millertime said:

All depends who's hired

Finding myself agreeing with you plenty today MT.

If we come out with a good appointment it’s worth the delay and fans just need to keep their shit together in the meantime.

• Thanks 1