Next Manager

2 hours ago, slippers said:

No. Conversations with O’Neil were good. We walked away after negotiations with NI. It probably didn’t get as far as offering of job. But signs were good. That’s probably why our Icelandic friend jumped on appointment as we thought it was going to happen. I had heard they wanted 1m but his contract is so long and big it could of been a lot more. 

I don’t actually think he was top target but that’s just my assumption. 

2 hours ago, The Hulk said:

I think folk are a bit insatiable about this, they don’t really understand how this whole thing works. There’s so many bits to the process of recruiting coaching staff that there can be a “rejection” at any part of the process that might not be an outright rejection of the “the job’s yours/no I don’t want it”.

A couple of posters in here will know very clearly how this works due to a personal experience someone “close to me” had, which I alluded to in a post a couple weeks ago. So I’m prepared to believe that rather than outright rejections, as in actually offered the job, candidates are simply withdrawing from the process because certain staff at Aberdeen Football Club are just really quite poor at their jobs, and disrespecting the thought process and “baggage” that every single candidate has which affects their own decision-making.

Couple of great posts on this car crash of a thread.

2 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

In that case definitely don't listen back to the Sportsound Chat.  Apparently your Standard Scottish Fare would run there barefoot to "do a job" at Aberdeen. 

That's all about keeping/getting their pals jobs. Ignore.

2 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Club have not offered the job to anyone. Fully focussed on Robson extending his contract and now totally dumbfounded

That shouldn't come as a surprise. Doing your standard running a football club stuff leaves the FMB totally dumbfounded.

6 hours ago, Helmet said:

They’re not opposite statements though.

For example he could have been offered it and turned it down and therefore is no longer under consideration.

Which would mean we are focusing on another target.

Or he was never under consideration or offered the job! Half full or Half empty