Next Manager

2 minutes ago, Willo flood said:

He also effectively said that Rosler and Neil were not on the shortlist either.

Anyones guess who the other two actually are.

I missed that post by him but just spotted it and you'd beat me to it

58 minutes ago, super_al said:

I get what you are saying however the new manager will be expected to hit the ground running. The last three managers lasted less than a year. Hence we don't have time for anyone to familiarize themselves with the league. If they had the last 5 to 6 games of this season then I could get the logic a little bit better, but reports are suggesting we may wait until the end of the season.

I don’t think we will have to wait until end of season but I do think it will be after game 33 & most likely also after the semi (or new guy will be in stands for semi) which might even give a few players a wee kick up arse in semi 🤔

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The media I took it as. 

The poster confirmed that. Would leave plenty scope for DC and Burrows to not feel left out if he wasn't a darling of the media

5 hours ago, super_al said:

I can't understand why folk think Jimmy Thelin would be any good. He will not understand Scottish football, the gold fish bowl that comes with the job, or the tactics that hammer thrower clubs use. His tactics are consider direct for Swedish football but this does not mean he can replicate it in Scotland.

This swedish lady is following the 'hat on her phone and wishes to disagree with your post.

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, RDS said:

Never knew we were all being assessed on our mastery of the English language. As some will have regularly seen on report cards "must try harder"

https://twitter.com/StereotypedL/status/1775515766520950966?t=8W_fXBPUQ5xghUhreK2aOg&s=19

His punctuation leaves something to be desired. 

Not sure he's in the best position to cast aspersions on other people's English. 

• Admin
10 minutes ago, RDS said:

Never knew we were all being assessed on our mastery of the English language. As some will have regularly seen on report cards "must try harder"

https://twitter.com/StereotypedL/status/1775515766520950966?t=8W_fXBPUQ5xghUhreK2aOg&s=19

Having a quick scroll of his twitter feed has him crying about the orange walks being banned in Stonehaven and general far right ideology. Your usual knuckledragging hun.

I wouldn't take any words of advice from him.

• Upvote 3
7 hours ago, super_al said:

I can't understand why folk think Jimmy Thelin would be any good. He will not understand Scottish football, the gold fish bowl that comes with the job, or the tactics that hammer thrower clubs use. His tactics are consider direct for Swedish football but this does not mean he can replicate it in Scotland.

Of course you don't understand pal, you just leave the grown ups to debate it and you stick to posting flags.

7 hours ago, super_al said:

His tactics got his team to a whisker of winning their league and has steadily improved Elfsborg as a club so he's worth a try to master the complexities of our league 

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, super_al said:

I get what you are saying however the new manager will be expected to hit the ground running. The last three managers lasted less than a year. Hence we don't have time for anyone to familiarize themselves with the league. If they had the last 5 to 6 games of this season then I could get the logic a little bit better, but reports are suggesting we may wait until the end of the season.

I think that's a fair point. It comes down to the quality of the manager. Our last costly import from England had all the experience in the world but got caught out by the Scottish league - or maybe he got caught out about not understanding the strengths and weaknesses of our team.

5 minutes ago, Don Shula said:

Right, I've had my breakfast so I'm all fueled up for another day of "lies, damned lies and rumours" (apologies to Mark Twain).

So bring it on - whose first?

John Hughes spotted at Dyce train station. Looking very happy with himself 🤔